Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    I have to salute you for this project. In fact, it was the first time that I felt it was a good idea to actually try a custom GUI!

Installation and customization went very smooth, but I'm experiencing a visual glitch: click

This glitch (red circles, obviously) can also be seen in the NCU window (list mode), Target NCU, vehicle menu, tradeskill menu, friends windows etc.

Since I've never used any custom GUI before, it shouldnt be the remains of a previous custom GUI that causes this

Do you have any suggestions as to how I could get rid of this?

Wow, I have AA forced and I am not getting those red circles on my screen, you sure its just from forcing AA?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

No, its obvioulsy not the red circles but what is inside the circles - what a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Those lines are there because you're forcing Anti-Aliasing on AO, if you turn that off, they go away.
    Edit: actually yes, that did the trick. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ganiscol; Feb 11th, 2010 at 19:04:42.
    ಠ_ಠ

Monthly bump...

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Honorbound keep up the good work and I hope you keep expanding it. And never quit AO <3.

I wish this thread was on like the front page of AO I mean things like this is what makes AO wonderful and I think you and of course the original author are amazing for making and working on and maintaining this project.

I also get the lines but again I got AA forced hehe. Darn I want AA but I don't want lines no win in life <3

http://kanehart.com/x/lines.jpg
    Last edited by Kane-Hart; Mar 17th, 2010 at 09:57:16.

Hello,
    I am trying to use the Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3 and I got a problem :
    After installing files, put "/setoption GUIName "ndGUI" " Ingame chat, then Ctrl + shift +F7 to reload menus, all the GUI windows on the right and left off the chat disapear, and when i open the settings with F10, I got only Quit to login or Quit to windows choices... :x

SS --> http://yfrog.com/0pscrn0002p

Any Help ?

Edit: After loading with an other char got "Failed to load GUI definition!" in mission window.
    Last edited by kulte2; Mar 24th, 2010 at 13:08:59.
    Kulte2 Soldier 201
    Steveho Crat 141
    Leroutier Enfo 120

You've installed the core files incorrectly, to a wrong location, or not installed them at all (you have to download the core file package and a theme package, not just a theme package).

You should see a bunch of files and subfolders in the "..\Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\ndGUI" folder if you've done it right. Otherwise make sure that you in fact did download and install the core package too, and if you did, try to find out where did it actually go instead of where it should be.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Thanks a lot that s it ! works well now
    Kulte2 Soldier 201
    Steveho Crat 141
    Leroutier Enfo 120

Might I suggest that you get a new picture for the loading screen? The old one currently in use has always bothered me by being hideously ugly
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Might I suggest that you get a new picture for the loading screen? The old one currently in use has always bothered me by being hideously ugly
    I've always been a fan of the default loading screen actually. Just the ominous green hued AO logo hovering over a pure black background. Sometimes simple is better. So, could you just remove the custom loading screen entirely and we can use the default one?

I'm actually fairly sure I can do this on my own, but I don't currently have AO on my new laptop so I can't look at the files to see if I'm brave enough to try this.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Regarding the loading screen...

The client has a pretty neat failsafe loading screen (a simple metallic AO logo instead of the greenish coloured one) which is used when no valid loading screen image is found. This means that the simplest way to get rid of the ndGUI loading screen is to go to the "Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\ndGUI" folder and delete the "gfx" folder you find there with all of its content. When nothing's found there, the game will simply fall back to that built-in backup image instead.

And after you have done this, you can also restore the game default loading screen, by copying the "Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\Default\gfx" folder with all of its content into the "Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\ndGUI" folder.

At some point I was in fact considering leaving the loading screen image files out of the theme packages alltogether, or replacing that built-in image (which is stored in the texture file itself) with a very simple one which is basically the same, only it also shows that you are using ndGUI and the name of the theme you have currently installed.
    I might actually get around to it someday...

@Autohead, yea the default loadscreens have always been pretty nice imo. I did just fix the gfx around like Honorbound suggests. (copied the ai_loading_login.png file from anarchy online\cd_image\gui\Default\gfx to anarchy online\cd_image\gui\ndGUI\gfx, overwriting the one there)

@Honorbound, maybe if you just took the default loadscreen and added the GUI information and version number in the bottom corner or middle.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Just a heads-up that there's at least one new option in the Option panel for the next patch
    The Red Brotherhood

Question Now is the time for suggestions or change requests

Since I've decided to add a menu function to quickly toggle the wear window tab locking, a new ndGUI version will have to be released.

However, using a whole new version number for a single tiny change like this feels like a waste (although there will be some small behind the scenes changes too but those won't affect functionality or look), so if anyone has suggestions or requests regarding the core files (menu functions/layout, window tweaks, bugfixes, etc.; I don't feel like making any theme related changes at this time) now is the time, before the next game update hits live.

First of all this Skin is really nice! Good work Now, maybe its a general question, i want to know if there is any way to switch xp/health/nano/ai bars to horizontal view? Maybe its possible, maybe not. But if, it would be nice to build in a possibility to do.

Can't be done.
    Those bars are always filled vertically no matter what shape and size is the image you define for them. So even if I made horizontal bars they'd still be filled from bottom to top, but in that case it was hardly visible as the height of the whole image used would only be a few pixels.
    It's a hardcoded behavior that cannot be changed.

I'd like to suggest a "target reticle"

A dot or small hollow square or whatever in the exact center of the screen.

I've always wanted one so that it is easier to "aim" my Yalm for level flying when traveling across long, lonely stretches of wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Can't be done.
    Those bars are always filled vertically no matter what shape and size is the image you define for them. So even if I made horizontal bars they'd still be filled from bottom to top, but in that case it was hardly visible as the height of the whole image used would only be a few pixels.
    It's a hardcoded behavior that cannot be changed.
    Hmmm, when i started playing AO in 2005 there was a Skin, which made it possible (i dont know anything about that Skin, because i havent played ao for about 4 years and i forgot that name), but its a long time ago maybe they have changed the possibility in an update... Anyway thanks for your answer.

another interesting thing to think about would maybe a route navigation system ingame where u put a mark into the map and a window pops up with an exact route viev to get there. Maybe including a dot at the compass which leads you to the next step in row.
    Last edited by dariusdurk; May 2nd, 2010 at 10:13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by MartekO View Post
    A dot or small hollow square or whatever in the exact center of the screen.

I've always wanted one so that it is easier to "aim" my Yalm for level flying when traveling across long, lonely stretches of wilderness.
    That wouldn't do much good for attaining level flight since it would always be fixed at the center of the viewing area regardless of the elevation angle, and if you aimed with it at the horizon, that wouldn't result in a level flight because of the local topography and the height parallax.
    Adding a marker to the center of the screen itself can be done easily but, considering the above, I don't see it as something particularly useful.

Quote Originally Posted by dariusdurk View Post
    Hmmm, when i started playing AO in 2005 there was a Skin, which made it possible (i dont know anything about that Skin, because i havent played ao for about 4 years and i forgot that name)
    The first, pre-SL, GUI worked a lot differently than the current one; from what little info I could gather about it over the years, I think that one had horizontal bars instead of the current vertical ones. I also remember a very old screenshot of a GUI mod that had these small bars incorporated into a bottom-bar sort of thing next to the menu buttons and other elements, and back then I also wondered how would that be possible, but it doesn't seem to be doable with the current GUI.
    You can make slanted, curved (the AOU mod has those), or any other oddly shaped bars as long as they still fill up from bottom to top.

Edit: Nevermind about bars

And also will try out your new updates to the GUI. I've loved the Notum GUI ever since it first came out way back when, but have gone away from it since there weren't regular updates. Once I'm on my AO computer, I'm going to check out your tweaks Bumpage for awesomeness
    Last edited by Ruffixx; May 2nd, 2010 at 19:29:29.
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Maybe this is the time to make a new splashscreen?

As for the bars-madness, then there are the HP/nano/xp/etc bars in the character stats window, ctrl-9, that fill horisontally. If you could hook those and display them elsewhere, then I guess you could make horisontal bars somewhere. But I don't know how much modularity the GUI allows... if any.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast