Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Question Possible alternative host

As a test, I've revisited a free hosting service I tried to use once, with rather poor results back then. It appears to behave somewhat better now, so I'm giving it another try as it's a proper web host, so I could restore the JavaScript based functions using it.

However, since I don't fully trust them yet, I could use a few reports if it indeed works, doesn't spam you with intrusive ads or does other nasty things: http://ndgui.host56.com/

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

This is what the page looks like without adblock, when first opening it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tebivx2pe...15_59.png?dl=0

Edit: The first link to a on-site image (such as the previews of the various layouts) also direct me to an ad instead of the actual image.
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 28th, 2014 at 17:21:16.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    However, since I don't fully trust them yet, I could use a few reports if it indeed works, doesn't spam you with intrusive ads or does other nasty things: http://ndgui.host56.com/
    Only 1 thing blocked by µBlock. Looks fine to me.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Thanks for the quick fix, I look forward to trying it out.

Edit - Grabbed both the dark and minihud themes. Using the dark at the moment, the curved nano bars were just too big for me.

Very impressed so far, great work!
    Last edited by Lazyisk; Dec 29th, 2014 at 09:09:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    This is what the page looks like without adblock, when first opening it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tebivx2pe...15_59.png?dl=0

Edit: The first link to a on-site image (such as the previews of the various layouts) also direct me to an ad instead of the actual image.
    They actually inject 4 (or more) different ads into every page (via an added resource link concealed as something benign, that's why I didn't spot it first), one of which gets randomly(?) selected somehow: a page redirection, an in-page popup, an external popup and a pop-under, plus a click hijacker which can (re)invoke the popup or pop-under ad on the first click of any mouse button (doesn't even have to be a link, just a click event anywhere).

But alas I think I've just... ahem... accidentally made a tiny little mistake in the HTML files which appears to maybe, possibly, totally unintentionally interfere with their ad injection trick... They claim right on their first page that their free service is completely ad free... Yeah, right. So I'm making them good on their claim.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Exclamation ndGUI update to 18.7.0 will be late

A bit of a heads-up. Apparently 18.7.0 will contain many UI related changes, some of which sound like things which most likely will cause ndGUI become incompatible until updated. In the meantime, you probably will have to switch back to the default GUI if you want to play right away, or wait a few days to see if I can catch up quickly with the changes.

Sadly, I haven't been able to follow the changes to the game / UI on TestLive lately due to various reasons, thus I couldn't pre-update ndGUI in preparation to the new version going live. Once 18.7.0 went live, I'll try to look into updating ndGUI as soon as I can.

Fingers crossed it's an easy quick fix I love my ndGUIs too much to deface my eyeballs with the default UI

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

yeah, still my favorite gui. just wish i would've emailed my self the old color scheme before i got rid of my old pc ><
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Honorbound we need you!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

It seems a lot of the missing things can be restored by appending the new Item Rarity Colors to the TextColors.xml file, just copy them over from the Default Gui - they are at the bottom of the file (Search for : "Item rairty", yes, rairty.)
    Of course not completely checked what else is new

Edit 1:
    Ability Window changed a lot, will not be fixed by that. Also changes to Info View and Trade Window which probably won't be fixed by adding the colors

Edit 2:
    Can't see what changed for the Info View, but the Skill View can be hotfixed by copying the /View/Skills.xml from the Default GUI over to the ndGUI (in the same place). Won't look as pretty but is functional; and since at least I don't have it open all the time I do not mind so much and can wait for someone with actual design skills to fit it back in place. Can't miss all the other stuff Dovvetech changes, though
    Last edited by Erendir; Apr 21st, 2015 at 19:31:05.

Posting in braille because the default gui made me go blind. Help please, need pretty gui back.

Looking forward to the update. This game isn't the same without notum dovvetech
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

Need my GUI back. Will pay if necessary. The default one has me confused and scared

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    ndGUI v4.34/18.7.0.17 Testlive Patch is now available.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.
    Anyone tried this version ?

IT WORKS !

http://i.imgur.com/A4SYhnX.jpg
    Last edited by Caloss2; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 11:12:22.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Exclamation ndGUI v4.3.4.5 available

ndGUI v4.3.4.5 is now available.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

One thing that may or may not work properly (aside of anything I missed or messed up) is the "Disable inspect" function/option, since I couldn't tell if it still should be there or not. During the develompent of 18.7.0, it was supposed to be removed (along with the related UI references) in the 18.7.0.17 TestLive patch, but now that 18.7.0 is live, this change is not in the final patch notes and the UI elements are back too, so I left them intact for now.

Since the Google Sites service apparently started to ignore even what little extra formatting I could get it to display previously, the backup site is currently useable, but a mess formatting-wise. I'll try to beat it into submission again, but fighting that damn thing is a major pain which requires a lot more time (and patience) than I currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    yeah, still my favorite gui. just wish i would've emailed my self the old color scheme before i got rid of my old pc ><
    Not sure if this is what you meant, but I've re-added the text colour scheme which was used prior the update to 4.34 (and the removal of text colour options) as an option through the Config Tool.

gave it a try, it's the default colors that i was talking about ^_^ thank you so much for adding that to the config tool, you're awesome!
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Thank you Honorbound <3 <3 <3
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

\o/ \o/ \o/

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence