Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Hm, I guess I should've noted that it's for specific themes... I just find that the cursors are too small on a 27" 2560x1440 monitor, and the one that's 32px tall, max, I guess, was a way better fit. Easier to spot in the cluttered environment, and immediately visible upon movement.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Thanks for the fast update. Edge is working all fine 'n' dandy now. The day or so with the default UI was HORRIBLE

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Hm, I guess I should've noted that it's for specific themes... I just find that the cursors are too small on a 27" 2560x1440 monitor, and the one that's 32px tall, max, I guess, was a way better fit. Easier to spot in the cluttered environment, and immediately visible upon movement.
    I have no problem with cursor size on my 27" screen, but forced to play windowed at 1920x1200... wtb new engine already to play full-screen again.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    I have no problem with cursor size on my 27" screen, but forced to play windowed at 1920x1200... wtb new engine already to play full-screen again.
    I run windowed too, 2048x1340, AO supports custom resolutions. Doesn't change the fact that the cursor is tiny I have perfect eyesight, but it is still difficult to see it because of poor contrast between it and the game backdrop.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quick and painless way to remove the 0-9 down the bottom of Notum Darktech?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

f10, ndgui settings unselect static horizontal

Prefs -> ndGUI -> Settings -> Uncheck "Shortcut bar numbers:" boxes.

Edit: Hehe, I'm getting slow
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Just tried out the darktech ndGUI. Good stuff, i like it

Thanks guys.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

hmm i tried to use any of the gui versions but i get black text in chat windows (
    any ideas?

also when i click any link like !help on the org bot i get "failed to load gui definition" info box
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

You forgot to install the Core package.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

I'm trying to figure out how to get my NCU targets list:
    http://puu.sh/4eP09.jpg

to look like this NCU targets list:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3QM...li=1&hl=en_US#
    (If that should go down see here: http://puu.sh/4ePkb.jpg)

I'm using Edge, as I think he is.

Also, on a related note, is there a way to disable fading of new windows?
    When I open a new backpack, it fades.

Thanks for any replies, and thanks to everyone involved for the awesome work you've done!

If someone shows me a donation link I'd be glad to throw a little something your way!

That's just some kind of clever window positioning trickery, not GUI work. It's not possible to selectively disable the background elements on some windows but leave them enabled on others like that; there is only one set of textures which is used to build all window instances.

If you look at the entire screenshot, you can see that even the hotbar groups have a similar "fake" window header as if they were in a window... And what's even stranger is that the left side hotbar group is somehow cut after the 5th button, and then there's another set of 4 buttons without any hotbar header... I have no idea how that was done (maybe a non-fading borderless chat window was used to block the 6th column of buttons?). Unless it's some kind of "doctored" image, not an actual screenshot.

My guess is that the nano/fighting target windows are switched to borderless/transparent mode, and a chat window resized to only the header is positioned above them, and that's also how the fake headers are made for the hotbar groups.

The global window fading is hardcoded into the GUI handler, there's no way to affect it from a custom GUI. The pinned state is stored in local files in the Prefs fileset, but the default state is also set by the GUI handler when the window and the associated settings file is first created.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Aug 30th, 2013 at 22:19:28.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Thanks a lot for the explanations, I'll have to look into editing the xml files

Having issues installing the GUI.

Ive downloaded both the core and a custom theme, I completely exit game, start game, click settings, go to GUI, chenge name to ndGUI, open folder, hit ok on previous screen, Inside folder I copy contents of the 2 downloaded folders (core, and theme) into this folder. Close this folder, start AO, log in..

And I have no gui at all, hit f10, nothing there, just a blank window. Ive reset to default, redownloaded folders from your website 5 times, and attempted to reinstall, carefully following the instructions on the site. Same result everytime.

Help!!!
    Rocts - 220 Soli Martial Artist
    Rocts2 - Leveling Bow Soli Martial Artist
    Testlive Trox MA - Wtscrits // Opi MA - Rocts // Soli MA - Rocts2 // Deleted NM MA, not Viable.

+many old TL7s across old retired accounts.

The blank options window means that you either mistyped the GUI name, or have installed at least the core files incorrectly and the game can't find them where they should be.

The folder window you get after clicking on the Open button should have a path similar to this:
    "(OS user name) > AppData > Local > Funcom > Anarchy Online > (mix of 8 letters and numbers) > (some folder name, probably "Anarchy Online" again) > Gui"

This is where you need to copy the "ndGUI" folders themselves to from both packages. So if you have done it right, you will see only a single "ndGUI" folder in this window, and nothing else. And then it should work (provided the GUI name was entered correctly).

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

100% fixed the problem.

I was copying the CONTENTS of core and theme into the GUI Folder, effectively overwriting the other files, Not the FOLDER into the GUI Folder, to create a "sub folder". Thanks for the help
    Rocts - 220 Soli Martial Artist
    Rocts2 - Leveling Bow Soli Martial Artist
    Testlive Trox MA - Wtscrits // Opi MA - Rocts // Soli MA - Rocts2 // Deleted NM MA, not Viable.

+many old TL7s across old retired accounts.

Hmm, maybe mentioning the "contents" in the instructions can cause confusion, and since when you copy a folder, its content will also get copied (under normal circumstances anyway), it's kinda pointless too.
    I guess I should reword those sentences to make this more clear.

I play at a fairly high resolution is there any way to change the Font Size's in the Infoview Popup Window they are pretty small and a bit hard to read for me. Maybe add it into one of the config editors?

Hmm, that's actually a good idea, especially since originally it's set to a larger font, but ndGUI changes it to a smaller one, so offering options could be indeed welcome here. I'll put it on the list, but until a config option is added, you can change the font size by editing the InfoView definition file:

1. Start the launcher, click Settings, GUI tab, click Open next to Skins, Cancel Settings.
    2. Go down to "ndGUI\Views", and open "InfoView.xml" with a plaintext editor.
    3. Look for the font="MEDIUM" part in the 4th line, change it to font="LARGE" (mind the quotes, they are required around the word LARGE), then save the file.

This should change the info window font back to the default, larger one.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast