Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Aha success! I did what you suggested at first, and went through this process (laid out in case anyone else gets this :P):
    1) Deleted all the ndgui info from gui and textures folders
    2) Loaded AO, selected the default theme in the options
    3) Logged in on character, quit again (just in case)
    4) Installed Core, then installed the theme
    5) Went into the game and selected the new theme
    6) Went out the game to the ndGUI_Config_tool.cmd and activated it there too
    7) Got ingame, all is well!

Cheers for the help!
    :: Azur "Kitace" Korza : 211/24 Fix ::
    :: Siri "Sirace" Autarii : 60/6 Enf ::
    :: Adria "Firace" Godfray : 182/9 Adv ::
    :: Tanis "Kirace" Solaris : 150/10 Doc ::
    :: April "Mirace" Mirana : 150/14 MA ::
    :: Reindeer of "Firepaw16" Funk : 121/0 Agent ::
    :: Ansi "Serace" Sereia : 133/12 Sol ::

'Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice.'

Then I'd guess you indeed had a very old version of the theme package present somewhere and being used instead of the new one you've just installed. Maybe I should mention this somewhere in case someone updates from a very old version before the file location changes and all...

Since the Config Tool has been introduced, you don't need to manually activate/deactivate ndGUI in the launcher settings and then in the game the way you used to; the Config Tool does both when you use the Activate function in the ndGUI State menu.

So in this case it would probably have been enough simply to deactivate then reactivate ndGUI with the Config Tool to update the main prefs file with the proper custom GUI location info.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Exclamation ndGUI v4.34/18.5.2 available

ndGUI v4.34/18.5.2 is now available.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Exclamation ndGUI v4.34/18.5.3 available

ndGUI v4.34/18.5.3 is now available.

Please note that the currently offered patch package is applicable only if you have previously updated your ndGUI installation to 18.5.2. If you still happen to have 18.5.0 installed (considering the 18.5.2 update was released just a little over a week ago), you need to download and install the entire core package to update directly from 18.5.0 to 18.5.3.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

No ndGUI update was necessary for game update 18.5.4.

Just wanted to say thanks again for keeping this updated. Much appreciated.

Exclamation notum|darktech mini HUD theme available

A new ndGUI theme has been released today, and this time it comes from the original creator of Notum Dovvetech, Misat0!

The "notum|darktech mini HUD" is a variation of the darktech theme with some new visual features such as "bracket" style HP/nano bars, and changes to the window frames, tabs, buttons and shortcutbars.

Anything in the works for 18.6 yet?
    Because Race Yalm

Pretty much everything will have to be changed for 18.6.0 to some extent, small changes to xml files, additions/changes to all themes, restructuring the packages, modifying the config tool... Other than the compatibility changes tho, no new features or such will be introduced.

I'm slowly working myself through the changelist, tho I can hardly find the time for it these days. The bigger issue, however, is that testlive 18.6.0.4 has a rather "unprofessional" bug which causes it to immediately crash on my system, thus I can't do much for now but wait for a fix so that I would be able to actually see the changes in the game itself, which in some cases would be needed in order to adjust parts of the themes.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Jan 22nd, 2013 at 18:17:06.

And I already wondered why you haven't been there, yet.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Funcom employee

Hey Honorbound, bit of info for you.

The GUI graphics archive should now have proper fallback and only modified and new images should be placed in the file for custom GUIs.
    Unfortunately this is not yet the case for XML files, you'll still have to duplicate these.

You've probably already noticed the archive file is now part of the GUI folder and no longer needs to be set explicitly.
    Prefs no longer need a path, only the name of the custom GUI is required for the game to find it.

Custom GUIs have also moved out of the install directory and are now next to the Prefs dir in a folder called GUI.
    The next version on TL will create this directory and provide a button in the launcher settings to find it.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

I'll jump in an thank you for the info, but were faster as Mongo Code! this time. Being on TL with a working version since patchday.

So may I thank you for the better customizability of the cursors and GUIColors?
    (Are the text colors in that file intended to not work yet or not yet implemented?)
    Last edited by Misat0; Jan 22nd, 2013 at 21:26:07.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Funcom employee

They should work. I believe they mostly impact text on buttons and such.
    It's been a long while since I touched that.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Any word on them fancy new cursors in the default GUI being used in Ndgui?

I made those for DarktechMiniHUD, but not for the other skins. Of course it's up to Honor if he wants to use them or make his own.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Thanks for the update, Honorbound. I look forward to having ndGUI working again on TL.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    Any word on them fancy new cursors in the default GUI being used in Ndgui?
    Oh god please no. Well, please make an option to pick one.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 02:18:28.
    Because Race Yalm

I would like the option, I like the new cursors. The only problem I have with the miniHUD theme is the hp/nano bars. Great idea with the curves, but my god they are huge.

There's an option in the F10 -> somethingorother -> mouse settings. You can pick Detailed, Simple or None. (Default GUI)
    Last edited by Demoder; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 02:44:41.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Do you like how they look or how the new cursor system works?
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Both I guess oh and demoder, that setting is probably new, as I can't find it in NDgui atleast
    Last edited by Teeko; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 03:04:54.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast