Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

I would take another look at your settings in your operating system.

I was wondering if anyone has made a dovvetech skin based on the 2001-preSL classic skin? I feel a bit nostalgic for it.
    http://www.gamershell.com/static/scr...26619_full.jpg
    http://i53.tinypic.com/b8utjs.jpg

I would do it myself, but I lost my original AO CD, so I don't have the files. I could go to amazon and buy an old retail box but I'd be wasting money just for textures lol. I also miss the shiny black dovvetech skin, and the faction specific rusted/stained skins I once had. Can't find them in google. The years went by and lots of websites vanished.
    It's bureaucracy! If ya don't like, see the complaint officer. He's that towering angry robot over there cracking his knuckles.

Sadly, it's not possible for several reasons.

Many of the elements the old GUI consisted of doesn't exist or not used anymore (as in, even if you had the textures for them, no such elements exist anymore so they wouldn't get displayed anywhere), others are used differently (such as button labels are now rendered as text instead of being part of the textures), and it's not possble to make a GUI which is not blue-ish in hue since there's a hardcoded blue color filter applied to nearly all of the textures.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Thanks for this awesome interface They should incorporate it in the engine update

The only small change I would really like to see is the crosshair removed from inventory spaces, or at least an option for it
    Last edited by Veev; Mar 10th, 2012 at 14:15:53.

A change/option like that would currently require an entirely new theme just for that single small change...

However, I've been planning a new feature for some time now, only need to find the resolve to finally sit down and start working on it. There is a way to make a single universal theme package which then could be customized locally, to the level of choosing the style of most major graphical elements (eg. buttons, window borders, headers, insets, window backgrounds, etc.) from any of the currently existing themes, or even turn some off completely.
    So you could pretty much mix and match your own unique ndGUI theme from all the available assets to your own liking, instead of having to settle for the currently available pre-defined ones.

But it requires a whole lot of planning and data gathering, and coming up with an easy and user-friendly way to configure the whole thing (I hate making user interfaces... and yet I've ended up managing a whole GUI... go figure) and would also be a nightmare to update if/when elements of the default GUI are changed (which, luckily, happens extremely rarely, or at least did so far).

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Do you personally prefer the crosshairs? I really like the theme design but it was the first thing that stuck out to me. Can live with it obviously, but just wondering what general consensus is for it... could maybe just remove from default and skip the head ache you're describing. ;P

Spent a while yesterday setting up my UI and this is what it looks like now: http://i.imgur.com/3l2me.jpg -- Pretty happy with it ^^

Just a quick heads up.

18.5.0 will require an update to ndGUI; you'll have to deactivate ndGUI if you want to play right away after the game update until I release the update (which should be soonish after 18.5.0 hits live, hopefully on the same day).

I've decided to drop the "Classic" (v4.23) version with the coming of 18.5.0. It was rarely ever downloaded in the past few years, and with the customization options in the v4.3 line it's possible to achieve near identical behaviour and layout. So if you happen to be still using the "Classic" version, I'd recommend switching to the v4.3 line before 18.5.0 goes live to familiarize yourself with it now, rather than when you'll be forced to switch.

Thanks for continuing to support this

Indeed Thanks for the continued support!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

so i will deactivate and wait for ya to update, mkay thx
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

lub u long time honorbound <3
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Exclamation ndGUI v4.34/18.5.0 available

ndGUI v4.34/18.5.0 is now available.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

I installed the clean 18.4.15 GUI from Funcom. Downloaded both new ndgui files, getting this message now: http://i.imgur.com/Gx5cb.png

Made the mistake of installing Funcoms 18.4.15 files again over my 18.5 files, not sure what to do now, but wasn't working before or after
    Last edited by Veev; Jun 19th, 2012 at 17:47:27.

The config tool, more precisley the .vbs worker component, appears to be unable to create the modified prefs file for some reason. The WSH might be disabled or not working properly on your system.

If you go to your AO install dir and try to run ndGUI_Config_UpdatePrefs.vbs (double click or hit enter on it), do you get a message box saying "Do not run ndGUI Prefs Updater manually."?

Another thing. If you go to the AO_Install\Prefs folder, what files do you see there starting with "Prefs"?

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    The config tool, more precisley the .vbs worker component, appears to be unable to create the modified prefs file for some reason. The WSH might be disabled or not working properly on your system.

If you go to your AO install dir and try to run ndGUI_Config_UpdatePrefs.vbs (double click or hit enter on it), do you get a message box saying "Do not run ndGUI Prefs Updater manually."?
    It opens up a text file in Notepad++:
    Code:
    ' ------------------------------------
    '  ndGUI Prefs Updater
    '  v1.0 (2010-Dec-15)
    ' ------------------------------------

Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments
    If objArgs.Count > 0 Then
    	If objArgs(0) = "ndGUI" Or objArgs(0) = "Default" Then
    		Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    		If objFSO.FileExists("Prefs\Prefs.xml") Then
    			stages_done = 0
    			prefs_content = ""
    			Set objPrefsFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("Prefs\Prefs.xml", 1)
    			Do Until objPrefsFile.AtEndOfStream
    				prefs_line = objPrefsFile.ReadLine
    				If InStr(prefs_line, "<Value name=""GUIName"" value=") Then
    					If objArgs(0) = "ndGUI" Then
    						prefs_line = "    <Value name=""GUIName"" value='&quot;ndGUI&quot;' />"
    					ElseIf objArgs(0) = "Default" Then
    						prefs_line = "    <Value name=""GUIName"" value='&quot;Default&quot;' />"
    					End If
    					stages_done = stages_done + 1
    				ElseIf InStr(prefs_line, "<Value name=""GUISkin"" value=") Then
    					If objArgs(0) = "ndGUI" Then
    						prefs_line = "    <Value name=""GUISkin"" value='&quot;cd_image\textures\ndGUI\GUIGFX.UVGI&quot;' />"
    					ElseIf objArgs(0) = "Default" Then
    						prefs_line = "    <Value name=""GUISkin"" value='&quot;cd_image\textures\Archives_ep1\GUIGFX_ep1.UVGI&quot;' />"
    					End If
    					stages_done = stages_done + 1
    				End If
    				prefs_content = prefs_content + prefs_line + vbCrLf
    			Loop
    			objPrefsFile.Close
    			If stages_done = 2 Then
    				Set objPrefsFile = objFSO.CreateTextFile("Prefs\Prefs_new.xml", True)
    				objPrefsFile.Write prefs_content
    				objPrefsFile.Close
    			Else
    				WScript.Quit(1)
    			End If
    		Else
    			WScript.Quit(1)
    		End If
    	Else
    		WScript.Echo "Do not run ndGUI Prefs Updater manually."
    	End If
    Else
    	WScript.Echo "Do not run ndGUI Prefs Updater manually."
    End If
    Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Another thing. If you go to the AO_Install\Prefs folder, what files do you see there starting with "Prefs"?
    Prefs.xml
    Prefs_ndGUI_backup.xml

Just some information from other people that may help you:

[Clan OOC] Enfraam: what i did to fix the ndgui thing is i copied the default clean one and renamed it ndgui

The fix that worked for me to get the deposit window to pop up was to delete only one file:
    1) log off
    2) then delete --> Anarchy Online\Prefs\Prefs.xml

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    It opens up a text file in Notepad++
    There's your problem. NPP has hijacked the file association for .vbs files so instead of getting executed as they should, they open in NPP from a shell call, and do nothing from the command line.

Depending on how NPP handles extension association, it might get fixed if you start NPP, open Settings/Preferences, switch to the File Association tab, and remove the "property script" category from the right side (Registered exts) lists. If it does restore the original association, then there's hope .vbs files will get directed to the WSH again. If not, then I'm not quite sure how to fix this, at least remotely.

That worked, and restored the original file association. Thanks for the help! I don't remember messing with my Notepad++ options since I patched ndgui last time, but guess I did!

Funcom employee

You must either use an update GUI skin or the default GUI.
    Using a currently outdated GUI skin will mean you're unable to perform some GUI actions, like deposit on the market.

You can reset your GUI from the launcher settings.
    Alternatively, you can reset your GUI from ingame (requires restarting AO).

Code:
    /setoption GUISkin "textures\\archives_ep1\\guigfx_ep1.uvgi"
    /setoption GUIName "Default"
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Where'd the CC Team Menu go?

Guess I'll have to make one...
    Because Race Yalm

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast