Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Alter the control center transparency options in F10.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

it not work, it only increase the trasparency on right side windows like ncu,wear etc etc

while i was looking to the bar under the screen like add/aggrobar ,creds etc etc

Exclamation ndGUI Config Tool update

I found and fixed a non-critical issue with the Config Tool which was causing it to create a backup file in an unintended way when activating/deactivating ndGUI. It was not affecting the functionality of the tool in any way, so it's up to you if you want to apply the fix.

If you do want to, check the News section of the ndGUI page for the download link and instructions.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Nothing new, just digging the thread back up after two months. In case someone has feedback or something...

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

No ndGUI update was necessary for game update 18.4.4.

No ndGUI update was necessary for game update 18.4.5.

No ndGUI update was necessary for game update 18.4.6.

Does my prefs disappear if i install this skin?

No, custom GUIs can't cause your prefs to "disappear".

Some things that can, however, are described in this thread. And since the Prefs folder is involved, pay extra attention to the notes about how to recover your actual Prefs folder.

If you want to play it safe, you can always make a copy of your Prefs folder to some other location before installing and trying a custom GUI, and if something goes wrong, uninstall the GUI, delete the current Prefs folder, and copy it back from the backup.

Actually, it's a wise thing to make a backup copy of your Prefs every now and then even when not planning to try a custom GUI or antyhing like that, as in case of certain kinds of client crashes, prefs files may get corrupted or not written to disk at all.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Jun 27th, 2011 at 18:30:58.

the website will not load up properly for me.

It's very slow to respond here, but I eventually get some advertising page.
    Probably hosting provider messing up?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

There appears to be an ongoing unscheduled maintenance at the host due to some severe hardware failure, so there may be intermittent outages for a while.

No information is given on how much time the repairs are expected to take.

No ndGUI update was necessary for game update 18.4.7.

Also, the technical difficulties at the host should be resolved now and thus the download page should be reliably accessible agan.

After about a month of trying to force myself to go back to the default GUI, I have finally returned to my first love, Dovvetech. Thanks for keeping this alive.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

While I'm bored at work and thinking about it, what happened to the window borders in the Dovvetech Edge theme? They were like invisible now, had to switch to Dovvetech Dark for similar look Dovvetech Edge used to have, but I don't like the dark black chat window backgrounds and inventory slots, etc. Anyway to get teh Dovvetech Edge theme window borders back please?
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Some of the themes have been slightly redesigned visually over the evolution of the v4.3 line to give them a more distinct look, like the Dovvetech Edge which in its original form was pretty much identical to the regular Dovvetech theme save for a few very minor differences.

One of these changes was to remove the semi-transparent window borders to give it a sleeker look, and currently the only way to get it back would be if I made a new theme variant which includes those again.

However, I have discovered a nice "hack" back then which makes it possible to enable/disable/swap certain parts of a theme without having to build a separate texture pack for each possible variant, so in theory I could build "all-in-one" texture packs that contain assets for a bunch of slightly different looks in a single package (eg. bordered and borderless), but building and managing those would make my life rather complicated if/when I need to change something in the themes.

Maybe I'll still play around with it a bit some time to see what I can achieve while keeping it as simple as possible to make and maintain.

Edit:
    Uhh... Never mind the last part about the configurable texture packages. It is possible in theory, but each individually configurable part would double the configuration options and files needed for it, eg.: turning a single thing on and off (like the current nano border enable/disable function) is two options, adding on/off option to a second thing doubles that (borders on other thing on, borders off other thing on, borders on other thing off, borders off other thing off), a third thing would double the options again (we're now at 8) and so on.
    It would be a nightmare to manage and you'd have to sift trhough dozens of various fixed presets to find the one that lists the parts you want to change in a configuration you want to change them to... Unless I make a tool that can build the required texture index file on the fly according to the selections you make individually regarding the style/visibility of various parts of the theme, but that wouldn't be particularly simple either.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Jul 13th, 2011 at 09:48:03.

So could you just change the regular Dovvetech to have squared window edges instead of rounded, then regular Dovvetech would be almost the same as Dovvetech Edge used to be and that would work for me!

Try checking the home page first.

The download links on the website don't work, and google isn't much help.

If anyone could provide me a mirror to download from I'd gladly appreciate it.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast