Page 1 of 22 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.34

Notum Dovvetech is probably the oldest still actively maintained custom GUI in the history of Anarchy Online. This line of the Notum Dovvetech GUI (ndGUI, for short) is an extended and up to date version of Misat0's excellent Notum Dovvetech v4.2 GUI series.

Features

• Clear visual style and space efficient overall design with adjusted text colour scheme
    • Seven visual Themes: dovvetech, dovvetech dark, dovvetech edge, darktech, darktech mini, darktech mini HUD, darktech glass
    • Super slim menubar with top/bottom and left/right positioning, floating menu, fading and main menu auto-hide mode
    • SoftMenu feature offering additional buttons on the menubar with selectable functionality
    • Quick Options menu providing direct access to: Lock Wear/Shortcutbar/RaidBar, Enable/Disable Inspect/Auto-AFK/Social, Show All Names
    • Menus extended with functions for: PvP and Leet Pet Duel, pet control, quick visual detail and performance settings, assist macro creation
    • Compact Raid Window and smaller RaidBars (optional)
    • Static shortcutbar hotkey numbering and horizontal and vertical shortcutbar togglers for easier shortuctbar management

Latest news - 2017-Sep-22:

No ndGUI update was necessary for game updates 18.8.23 and 18.8.24.

Latest changes - 2016-Dec-21: 4.3.4.5 -> 4.3.4.7

• Compatibility update for game version 18.8.18
    • Core files changed and need to be updated
    • Patch package available, no customization affected

Latest ndGUI version: 4.3.4.7 (2016-Dec-21)

For the most recent version, installation instructions and further information, visit:

https://rubi-ka.net/ndgui/

Hosting provided by Novagen.

If you have change requests, improvement suggestions, or some issue to report, please do post about it in this thread. I consider ndGUI to be an ongoing project, and one that should be shaped by feedback coming from the people who use it and thus see where improvements are required or could me made.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Sep 22nd, 2017 at 14:50:03. Reason: Game update 18.8.24

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Exclamation ndGUI v4.31/18.3.0 available

ndGUI v4.31/18.3.0 is now available containing a few small changes.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Nice to see you gave my suggestion about the smaller raidbars some thought and made them a nice-looking optional feature I will have to give this baby a whirl later ^_^

edit:

I am really enjoying this version of dovvetech. Thanks for your work in updating this great GUI, Honorbound
    Last edited by Quilluck; Dec 13th, 2009 at 00:42:31.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

New thread ++

Great to see work continue on this GUI thanks for taking your time!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Thanks Honorbound, much appreciate the time and effort you are clearly putting in to this! Now if someone could redo nanonanny or imatrix I would be a happy Nanomage!

Hand up for a sticky!
    Lamargo NM Pistol/Nader - 220/19 - Bio
    General of Insanity-Inc {Omni/Rimor} -> Recruitment Thread - Website

I like these updates a lot. Smaller raidbars can only be a good thing.

My only niggles are the player shop window being borked in terms of credits display being obscured behind the button, and the Notum Edge window scroll bar having very little contrast which makes its position extremely hard to see on my older monitor.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    My only niggles are the player shop window being borked in terms of credits display being obscured behind the button
    Hmm... This doesn't sound good. I made some changes to some of those windows, but I'm sure I've tested them and they checked out OK. Could I still have messed something up?
    Which of the shop window views does this? When you look at someone else's playershop, your own in "normal" mode (where you add/remove items), or in "admin" mode (where you see the log and can get the credits)?
    Could you maybe post a screenshot somewhere?

and the Notum Edge window scroll bar having very little contrast which makes its position extremely hard to see on my older monitor.
    Right! It's not all that well visible even at higher brightness. The funny thing is, it never occurred to me (until now) that I could actually try to change that...
    The problem is, for that I would (will) have to rebuild the theme file(s) again... I will look into it.

Any way to add the "inventory" icon in the softmenu buttons please? As an option. That way if people don't like it they can decide to not use it but I'd like having the choice to see it.

I know I just have to click on "I" to open my inventory but I was used to click each time on the icon... and I'm kinda lost without it now that it has been removed.
    ~Lilith Nagarajah~

Question What changes would you like to see in the next version?

Hmm... Okay, let's try to make the most out of this then, so that I can collect enough changes that would call for a new version.

If you can think of some annoyance or problem with the current layout (buttons and other elements are in a less than convenient place or configuration) or any of the themes (eg. something is too small, too big, hard to see or too obtrusive, etc.), or would like to get something added to somewhere (eg. extending the SoftMenu with new buttons, adding some new function to the menus), please post about it here.

I can't promise that anything and everything will get actually implemented, but if I can find a way to do it, the requested change has the potential to affect the functionality for the general audience in a positive way without reducing it in some other regard (in terms of changing things that others may have been used to), and is not a too radical change, it probably will be added eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Hmm... This doesn't sound good. I made some changes to some of those windows, but I'm sure I've tested them and they checked out OK. Could I still have messed something up?
    Which of the shop window views does this? When you look at someone else's playershop, your own in "normal" mode (where you add/remove items), or in "admin" mode (where you see the log and can get the credits)?
    Could you maybe post a screenshot somewhere?
    I should elaborate that this is for viewing your own shop in the Admin tab if the shop is docked into the rollup panel on the right. The older dovvetech positioned the line of text with the credit display below the buttons. This version superimposes the buttons over it as you can see here: http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8291/display.gif

If you undock the player shop window and it resizes to be larger then it's fine

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

I should elaborate that this is for viewing your own shop in the Admin tab if the shop is docked into the rollup panel on the right.
    I'd have never thought that anyone would want use the shop windows crammed into the rollup panel.
    I guess I'll have to review all dockable windows then and try to squeeze them into the amount of space available when docked.

the Notum Edge window scroll bar having very little contrast which makes its position extremely hard to see on my older monitor.
    Is this (link removed) any better than the previous (link removed) one?
    I wouldn't want to make it too much brighter than this since then it would start to become just too bright compared to the rest of the theme, but it should be somewhat better now.

Also, a little quiz for anyone interested (in helping me): care to guess which windows the buttons on this image (link removed) would open?

EDIT: Added a 6th icon to the first row, with an alternative below, that would replace an existing one.
    Also added alternatives to the first two icons below them; these might be a bit better.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Jan 3rd, 2010 at 18:15:50. Reason: removed obsolete links

Also, a little quiz for anyone interested (in helping me): care to guess which windows the buttons on this image would open?
    The last two are fairly obvious, research and vehicles
    The ++ thingy erm.. perks?
    First one is maybe city benefits?

And the corporal rank I'm not too sure about
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Is this any better than the old one?
    I wouldn't want to make it too much brighter than this since then it would start to become just too bright compared to the rest of the theme, but it should be somewhat better now.

Also, a little quiz for anyone interested (in helping me): care to guess which windows the buttons on this image would open?

EDIT: Added a 6th icon to the first row, with an alternative below, that would replace an existing one.
    Also added alternatives to the first two icons below them; these might be a bit better.
    Oooh yes, the 'new' scrollbars are much clearer. Perhaps not as sexy in colour but certainly more visible.

The quiz link:-

The very last one on the right after research and vehicles looks like Faction to me - the version underneath of the wavy flag looks a little more distinguishable, but that's only because I remember what the flag icon looks like in the default GUI.

The mortarboard alternative icon for the chevrons would be, I guess, the character skills window. Again the alternative icon is much better because it resembles the default GUI option that everyone will have seen when they first started to play AO.

The alternative icon for the first button looks like a suitcase do I'd guess inventory. Again, it's more suggestive than the original icon that seems to be a bunch of squares which wouldn't be immediately thought of by someone whose inventory was, say, list mode. If you see what I'm getting at.

I'll go with the guess that ++ is perks but it's more an educated process of elimination that brings me to that conclusion rather than the ++ image itself. Sure most profs will have at least 1 perk with a + icon but that's more a case of me looking to find a link after making a guess rather than the other way around.

A note about the vehicle icon: it looks like a silhouette of the personal mech which isn't a vehicle everyone with LE would actually have...

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Exclamation ndGUI v4.32/18.3.0 available

ndGUI v4.32/18.3.0 is now available.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

New tool on the ndGUI page

The brand new ndGUI Control Center builder is now available on the ndGUI page.

I have to salute you for this project. In fact, it was the first time that I felt it was a good idea to actually try a custom GUI!

Installation and customization went very smooth, but I'm experiencing a visual glitch: click

This glitch (red circles, obviously) can also be seen in the NCU window (list mode), Target NCU, vehicle menu, tradeskill menu, friends windows etc.

Since I've never used any custom GUI before, it shouldnt be the remains of a previous custom GUI that causes this

Do you have any suggestions as to how I could get rid of this?
    ಠ_ಠ

Sorry for the late response, I'm sort of away these days.

I'm glad to hear that the CC builder actually works.

About the issue... I can't really tell what those could be at this point, tho I have some possible suspects (for one, they look like a 1px wide version of the scrollbar sliders used for the DarkTech based themes, but it beats me why would they show up there without an actual scrollbar ).
    The odd thing is, that the NCU, target NCU and friends window can't be customized at all, they use built-in layouts. However, if the theme files got compiled incorrectly, then who knows what could happen (but I'm 99% sure I've never seen this, and I'm using the same theme files as everyone else).

A couple of questions:
    - Do you get proper and visible scrollbars and scrollbar sliders in windows where scrollbars should appear?
    - Do you see those lines in any window that also shows regular scrollbars?
    - Do those lines move around with the window they appear in, remaining at a relative position to the window?
    - If you resize the window, do the lines' position also change proportionally?
    - Do you get this with all themes, or with only some of them (the one on the screenshot looks like, umm, Notum Dark, maybe)?

I'll try to look into this when time permits (which sadly doesn't, at the moment).

UPDATE:
    Had time for a quick check. Sadly, I can't seem to be able to reproduce this (at least without further information); I've tested both the DarkTech and Notum Dark themes and they appear to be in order, no such lines are to be seen anywhere.
    Any chance they are actually some kind of artifacts related to video hardware/driver issues, and not a GUI problem...?
    Last edited by Honorbound; Feb 10th, 2010 at 11:50:42.

Those lines are there because you're forcing Anti-Aliasing on AO, if you turn that off, they go away.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast