Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 11th, 2009 - 16 second rough cut

Very nice.
    Srsly. And the timing was perfect
    Can't wait to see what they ll do with GA...

Marvelous video! And cool effects with the grass too.

There is also that thing with sneak that is currently in game. If someone sneaks you are able to see his shadow, even in sneak mode. Will that be the same in the new Engine?

Would be nice to eliminate that shadow.

Edit: Are we able to finally see capes fluttering because of the wind and inertia?
    Last edited by Pharroh; Dec 11th, 2009 at 21:48:49.
    I am a prisoner of death, only you can free me...

Quote Originally Posted by klinical View Post
    ruh roh, pass the kleenex.

Good job guys!
    Right, this is disgusting. And you're kinda... quick...

Good video, wtb hi-res version. Surely the FC server farm can support the download volume from the full quality version.

Looks good, keep em coming
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Quote Originally Posted by Ballux View Post
    Right, this is disgusting. And you're kinda... quick...
    I spilt my coffee on my keyboard in the excitement of seeing the video, but I like the way you think!
    When a man can pretend to be someone he's not... to get something he doesn't necessarily deserve. Sometimes, all you need is a lab coat.

Great stuff

Now, new effects to affect it, like explosions and stuff in AoC!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Nice work, looks good. 8)

Also....

Can we expect similar results when an enforcer runs over an agent? 8P
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Great stuff

Now, new effects to affect it, like explosions and stuff in AoC!
    I think he already indicated that they are importing almost all the effects from the old engine directly. We'll probably have to wait some time after the new engine before they concoct some genuinely new effects utilyzing the engine's potential.

Okay if we can kick those flowers around we can kick leets around too right?

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    Okay if we can kick those flowers around we can kick leets around too right?
    Important question!

After seeing the little clip I decided not to resub for a year like I had thought about doing since I am really starting to lose faith in this engine upgrade. Probably will stay around from month to month till I see what happens.

Looking good! Is the placement information for the grass already in the current playfields, or do you have to manually add it? Seems like it would be a huge PITA to go through every single pf artistically adding swathes of those sexy stalks.

First off, thank you so much Means for posting the video. I know it made alot of us happy.

Second of all. Now I'm not like super up to date on how graphics and collision detection and stuff work.

But with the current bug of corpses falling under the ground, will there be a problem with that high foliage and beign able to see/loot the corpses?

The flowers are actually alive, if you watch closer they move out of the way as she walks through them, they show her respect as she's one bad girl that doesn't let anything get in her way, even flowers
    Talita

̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.

well looks good...
    but I´m more interested in a lag free game, fokus on that instead of useless eyecandy like moving grass
    -----------------------------------------------
    Chars:
    Tyredrina
    Tyredrina2
    Trattnoob
    & misc

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    That (conceal) has been changed but hasn't been brought to the Live dimensions yet. But thanks for pointing out that detail..I really hadn't thought of that yet. I was just too excited about how great it looked.
    An actual use for crawl (not moving the grass) other than cyboring in the long grass
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharroh View Post
    Edit: Are we able to finally see capes fluttering because of the wind and inertia?
    This would be a nice addition. Kind of tired of seeing capes looking like they're glued to your rear end...

Quote Originally Posted by Meleny View Post
    This would be a nice addition. Kind of tired of seeing capes looking like they're glued to your rear end...
    Thats more of an asspective ;p
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

great work there funcom, but i've got one question, why not make the "normal green grass" stand up like normal grass and not being flapped to the ground.. as in the first new engine vid the grass looked perfect and it stood up.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    great work there funcom, but i've got one question, why not make the "normal green grass" stand up like normal grass and not being flapped to the ground.. as in the first new engine vid the grass looked perfect and it stood up.
    I think they left the 'old' grass in and simply seeded some of the new 'weeds/high grass' that was now programmed to have some degree of collision detection for that quick demo. The regular grass and trees still have replacements coming.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast