Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebalancing Nemesis Prof of a Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    When exactly was a Fixer a nemesis for an NT?
    Grid Armor nukes, perhaps?... Although an argument can be made for the other way around
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Grid Armor nukes, perhaps?... Although an argument can be made for the other way around
    Right, which makes NTs the nemesis of fixers and not the other way around (read what you quoted )

I would say though that in the period between GA nukes (when fixers didn't use GA anymore) and LE nukes, NTs weren't a tremendous threat to fixers. IU caps hp sure, but the fixer could drop the NT real quick unless the NT used NS2 which the fixer would also lol at and run off or go around a corner way before the NT could kill the fixer.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Dec 8th, 2009 at 19:46:13.

When exactly was a Fixer a nemesis for an NT?
    Mweh mixed that up.

NT is supposed to be Fixer's Nemesis, not enfs.

Thanks for the correction.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

during the GA years traders and MP tended to be major threats aswell though

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    make fixer a pretty reliable trader-killer indeed.
    crappy ones prolly ?
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

TBH, they should change soldiers to be trader nemesis, borrow reflect would only give the trader the soldier's NSD timer and drains would be reflected back to the trader! It isn't called 'a reflect shield' for nothing!

Same as change the fixer to be NT's arch nemesis, 'hack nano deck'.
    Last edited by JJiman; Dec 9th, 2009 at 12:45:12.

Borrow reflects means "Borrow" the reflect. From what I know the highest reflect a soldier got is 82. Where does the 18 comes from? :P
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Borrow reflects means "Borrow" the reflect. From what I know the highest reflect a soldier got is 82. Where does the 18 comes from? :P
    Good use of nano technology.

I could make a description too.

Through the Traders good use of nano technology they are able to enhance the reflect borrowed from the soldier to give a 100% reflect shield. The downside for this is that they can only keep the reflects for 30s.
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

The same place it not lasting 1:20 came from.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

In BS on wast Tls Trader is nemesis of everything that moves:

Jame+ drains = Too much DMG and cripled opponent. Good twinked 49 trader can cast LIS and TOP drains, which is around -320 for weapon/nano skills, rendering every opponent useless.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    What I'd rather see is level locking the negative effects of Trader drains against players. Nanite Enhanced could need, say, 175; Nanite Improved 190 or 200. We should be able to cripple our opponents especially in a 1 on 1 match, but I'd rather see a lock on what level of player Drain X can be casted on than a large nerf to the positive and negative effects, since especially in low levels being able to equip very high QL weapons is a big part of being a Trader.

Saetos, if Funcom put a level lock on Nanite Enhanced, they have to give the other nanos in the divest line 90% def check. If not, traders will get very crippled at tl5.

At tl5, a trader can reach a maximum of about 1300 TS&MC (not counting towers, OB and drains), making nanoresist effective at 1450+. You know most twinked traders do not run with these numbers. They are more likely between 1100-1250, depending if they use CS or CSS.

Remember most professions can get 1500+ nanoresist at tl5.

Quote Originally Posted by warzkopf View Post
    Saetos, if Funcom put a level lock on Nanite Enhanced, they have to give the other nanos in the divest line 90% def check. If not, traders will get very crippled at tl5.

At tl5, a trader can reach a maximum of about 1300 TS&MC (not counting towers, OB and drains), making nanoresist effective at 1450+. You know most twinked traders do not run with these numbers. They are more likely between 1100-1250, depending if they use CS or CSS.

Remember most professions can get 1500+ nanoresist at tl5.
    I dont agree as a tl7 trader we run around with 1850 nano skills undrained with NR usually much higher. A trader drains to become effective, drains last 3 minutes, drain up. A trader shouldn't be balanced around duels.
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

I dont quite like to receive -500 nanoskill even @ 175, especially on those non nano prof and low NR prof like soldiers etc. -500 nanoskills is like half of my total nanoskill that quite a lot. -250 is an acceptable level imo. Well thats just me. not to mention I get another like -500 Weapon skill + -300 AAO too. I still think half of all that is ok.
    I know -500 nanoskills is a pain in the ass, but you as a NT with good access to nanoresist don't get much sympathy from me. Good twinked NTs eat traders for dinner. Another tip, use "Overwhelming Storm". It will debuff your targets nanoresist.

Quote Originally Posted by -Barg- View Post
    I dont agree as a tl7 trader we run around with 1850 nano skills undrained with NR usually much higher. A trader drains to become effective, drains last 3 minutes, drain up. A trader shouldn't be balanced around duels.

I can't speak for TL7 as my trader is TL5. I was speaking from a TL5 point of view.

It's ok that nanite gets a lock or a shorter duration, but the def check on the other divest nanos are 100%, not to mention plunder with its 190% defense check.

From a tl5 perspective, changes like this would ruin the trader profession. I would only be able to cast one drain on people with less than 1300 nanoresist in a full nanoskilled setup. Other twinks would become untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    crappy ones prolly ?
    That would mean all omni ones on rk2 are crappy.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

b careful, self sufficientness can kill ...
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by warzkopf View Post
    From a tl5 perspective, changes like this would ruin the trader profession. I would only be able to cast one drain on people with less than 1300 nanoresist in a full nanoskilled setup. Other twinks would become untouchable.
    Traders are extremely good and lethal in tl5 pvp, even without nanite drains and BR, and they dont have to be very twinked either. Right now you are on the very top of the food chain in tl5 and the only prof you need to be worried about is enf. You can do enough damage and have good enough defense to make even NR builds little or no threat.

Removing BR and level locking drains is only a small step to evening out the playing field a little. You say it ruins the trader profession if nanites are level locked, well maybe it ruins it for the lazy ones, who dont bother to work on their characters. But for the good ones, it will hardly even be noticable. And drains is an extremely crippeling attack, so it absolutely does not need a lower chance to resist. Given the insanly high skills of a trader, even more so when pre-drained, it should if anything get a higher chance to resist.
    General of First Order

Gimp Traders, with or without nanites, are no threat.
    So are gimp enfs, with or without rage, and gimp soldiers, with or without AMS, and gimp NTs, with or without LE nukes. I fail to make the connection you're trying to make here. Gimp or no gimp does not alter the fact that they are at the top of the food chain in tl5, nor does it alter the fact that they will still do well after nanites are level locked and nemesis nanos removed.
    General of First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    So are gimp enfs, with or without rage, and gimp soldiers, with or without AMS, and gimp NTs, with or without LE nukes. I fail to make the connection you're trying to make here. Gimp or no gimp does not alter the fact that they are at the top of the food chain in tl5, nor does it alter the fact that they will still do well after nanites are level locked and nemesis nanos removed.
    "With or without Nanite Drains or BR, they don't have to be very twinked either".

A not very twinked Trader without nanite drains and BR, is a gimp Trader. That would be the connection, unless you need a picture too?

{edited by Anarrina: removed unnecessary comment} Drains are supposed to cripple you. At TL5, anything less than Nanites fails to accomplish that task, especially taking into account NR checks on the old drains.

At TL4/TL3 Traders casting nanites have the nanocost to deal with and still get killed plenty so you arguing that Traders are top of the tree at TL5 is a complete lie, to be quite honest. There's a difference between viable and a pain for casting professions, and OP god profession. I'm willing to bet there's more active Enfs/Advs/Agents at TL5 than Traders. If they were easily OP with no effort (you know, not very twinked, even without nanites), there'd be a lot more of them.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 13th, 2009 at 17:45:13.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I think traders are fun in BS when I play my 164 doc. UBT them and then cast a few dots and spam DD-nano on them (my doc got no weaponskills). If they land a few drains I can still heal and if I need to remove drains I got perk for that.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast