Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebalancing Nemesis Prof of a Trader

Rebalancing Nemesis Prof of a Trader

So im wondering these days how the toolset from Profession should work, but they wont.

As example. If i see the toolset from a fixer, then it looks like that he should be able to disable a Trader, and should be ready to survive him cause he has tools to disable the negative effects of a Trader.

The nano Blindside wont land many times with 100% def check, so its useless to try. Another thing is the perks with resists again the trader debuffs. Good idea FC, but i need to spend a lot of perks in it to get the benefit of the remover perk, and the resistance vs the drains has no effect anyone can feel, so senseless again. Rework it, so it make sense to use that line, that should make us much more effective vs traders. As example give us perks in that line that protect us 45 sec against drains, cause if u see a trader its to late. And disabling the drains with that perk is a nice idea, but a fully drained trader has to much power anyway. So the perk should delete the positive effect the trader get from the drains too and lock the posibility for him to drain next 10sec again. Overpowered? Think about it that a trader can get 30 sec invulnerability if he stole AMS from a solja. And btw, these days most traders dont need AMS to disable half population of people in BS.

So if fixers should be the nemesis prof of a trader, why our toolset are not effective for it?

I have seen enough ithaca snakemaster TL5 traders in hecks/Le team these days. Talk about how useful they are in PvM. They seems not.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

nemesis' of profs shouldnt be based on the pvp nemesis nanos supplied, it is stupid... how is shade the keepers nemesis, how is enfo the MA's enemsis? how is soldier the shades nemesis? how is keeper the agents nemesis?

they arnt, and the idea is silly that they are, they just have 1 nano each that was not really needed to be implemented. the end, fixers arnt really traders nemesis, id say that probably enfos or something with high AR/NR and fast devistating alpha is traders nemesis
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

then explain us what sense make a complete perkline who should protect vs trader drains, but it doesnt work well.

Being given protection against a profession (defence) doesn't mean you should be able to more easily kill that profession (offence). In fact, there's an argument to be made, that if you have good defence against a profession, your offence against that profession should perhaps be less strong.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Dec 7th, 2009 at 15:04:37.

fixer drain protection is useless, out of drain removal perk.
    fixer nemesis vs trader is useless on duration AND effect vs any good trader.

enforcers are most professions nemesis and they need no LE nano for that - they got the AR for it ^^
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Blindside lands pretty reliable thanks to low NR on trader.

Coupled with 33% resist and a remover from Worn Ice 5, do make fixer a pretty reliable trader-killer indeed.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    I have seen enough ithaca snakemaster TL5 traders in hecks/Le team these days. Talk about how useful they are in PvM. They seems not.
    What's exactly stopping them to equip AI/LE shotty?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

That's because LFT doesn't allow you to give your teammates a good look before inviting them. They just show up, gimped to hell with junk gear in some cases.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

You get the wrangle, what more do you need?
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Its a bit out topic, but since Trader are rather decent is pvp. Everyone is making one.

I have no idea why, but there is enough of these kind of lazy traders running around. AI shoty is easy to get, IS maw is easy to get too, thats when u dont have enough VP for LE weapon. Perhaps may be these weapon arent that good in pvp or missing Aimshot special and they are too lazy to reequip them between PvM/PvP?

but if u guys run TL5 LE mish, u get the idea of what I am trying to say. :P

Wrangles may be useful in PvM. but it is more like a wrangle bot in ur team that doesnt deal much dmg.

Wrangles may be useful in PvM. but it is more like a wrangle bot in ur team that doesnt deal much dmg.
    A Shattergun/(KP1 or KEP5 or KMP5) Trader can do some great damage in TL5 PVM teams, and on top of this can give Martial Artists a huge boost in damage via umbrals. Especially at 185, AC debuffs come into play, and on top of this they have nano-regen tools, backup heals, and can dish out calms if need be. Also, drains debuffing 300 AAO helps tanks a lot, especially if the tank is an evade class.

We're not freakin' wrangle totem poles. Most traders you meet with a random AI shotty or Ithaca is probably a tradeskiller toon and is nowhere close to the true representation of the Trader in PVM team combat.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    We're not freakin' wrangle totem poles. Most traders you meet with a random AI shotty or Ithaca is probably a tradeskiller toon and is nowhere close to the true representation of the Trader in PVM team combat.
    thats what I am talking about those, especially Ithaca, there are enough of them in TL5 LE/Ado team lately.

As for trader drain, I think it is good to say make Drain debuff target/buff trader only 50% in pvp, Even nanites in TL5 is still too much.
    Last edited by Ceenah2; Dec 8th, 2009 at 09:08:30.

As for trader drain, I think it is good to say make Drain debuff target/buff trader only 50% in pvp, Even nanites in TL5 is still too much.
    What I'd rather see is level locking the negative effects of Trader drains against players. Nanite Enhanced could need, say, 175; Nanite Improved 190 or 200. We should be able to cripple our opponents especially in a 1 on 1 match, but I'd rather see a lock on what level of player Drain X can be casted on than a large nerf to the positive and negative effects, since especially in low levels being able to equip very high QL weapons is a big part of being a Trader.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I dont quite like to receive -500 nanoskill even @ 175, especially on those non nano prof and low NR prof like soldiers etc. -500 nanoskills is like half of my total nanoskill that quite a lot. -250 is an acceptable level imo. Well thats just me. not to mention I get another like -500 Weapon skill + -300 AAO too. I still think half of all that is ok.
    Last edited by Ceenah2; Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:06:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    What's exactly stopping them to equip AI/LE shotty?
    No idea. My 94 Trader can swap between an Ithaca and a decent FSS/Uncle Bazzit dual wield once drained up. Nothing is stopping them at all.

I dont quite like to receive -500 nanoskill even @ 175, especially on those non nano prof and low NR prof like soldiers etc. -500 nanoskills is like half of my total nanoskill that quite a lot. -250 is an acceptable level imo. Well thats just me. not to mention I get another like -500 Weapon skill + -300 AAO too. I still think half of all that is ok.
    I'm sure Traders don't like it when people counter the second drain and have already set about getting pwned by the people they're trying to cast them on either. Who else apart from Shades relies on debuffing others to buff themselves? No one, that's who. You're an NT, who can get decent nano resist. Perhaps you should try Crown of Frost once in a while, it's like a free 115 points of NR!
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

How about this:

Traders keep their BR nano
    Soldiers get a new anti-trader nano that makes traders unable to cast anything but BR for 2 hours

every1 wins

The nemesis profs are rather mixed up.

A Trader's Nemesis should be a doc.

An NT's Nemesis should be a Fixer, as it always was.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    The nemesis profs are rather mixed up.

A Trader's Nemesis should be a doc.

An NT's Nemesis should be a Fixer, as it always was.
    When exactly was a Fixer a nemesis for an NT?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

NT was always the nemesis of fixer but fixer hasn't been a threat to NT for ages.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast