Thread: Perk Queuing

Perk Queuing

What if... perk queuing was changed so that multiple perks couldn't be queued at once.

A player would have to wait for a perk to finish executing before starting another one.

This could be a way of 'balancing' Mongo Rage without introducing Mongo Fury. Players couldn't hit MR and then queue all perks 0.1s after it activates then just wait for the target to die. It would give evade professions a chance to hit defenses or CC professions a chance to root and run (after having one or maybe two perks land on them).

Issues:
    - lag could make some people's perk execution time longer
    - would introduce more 'spamming' of perks to get them to run ASAP
    - defensive perk actions will also need to be spammed sometimes (maybe make def perk actions queuable like they are now)
    - MR + stun perk would be a way of getting a few more seconds of perk time against evade professions

I like the general idea.

Not only would it make it harder to squeeze in 237 DD-perks into a very small time-window but it would also stop people from wasting many of their DD-perks on a target that died 2 seconds after they rolled their face across the keyboard and queued up all those DD-perks, most of which landed after the target was long since dead.

What you say about lag and such is true though. So perhaps one approach would be to limit the amount of perks you can queue up to 2 or 3 (instead of 1 at a time), so that you always had 1-2 queued up perks to fall back on if there was some lag.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Dec 7th, 2009 at 01:30:26.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

hehe im a shade, i've already had this kinda thing implemented on me for some time.

but its a fine idea, i could see how it help things but might be hard to implement mechically that is
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

If... and only IF kiting and sync weren't such a problem, then yeah. Currently I need to try to stun my opponent to stop them from moving then faceroll all of my perks, if I don't I just get spammed with target outta range crap.

any one with a very little lag will fail to alpha lvl 200 doc mb even w/o lag at all + it will nerf MR ofc , also u will not be able to heal , ams , swap ... do any thing else but perking while u perking which will kill some skills
    Last edited by randomalpha; Dec 7th, 2009 at 16:05:06.

Would be perfect for Starfall though, people using this are too previsible.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

let's just stop playing around with it and finally make docs officially unkillable. I mean they're docs right?! we should NOT be shooting and stabbing doctors, people! this is wrong and docs shouldn't be killing people either...o man, where did we go wrong! wtb heal monkeys...this thread is about monkeys right? I may have missed something. oO!
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    What if... perk queuing was changed so that multiple perks couldn't be queued at once.

A player would have to wait for a perk to finish executing before starting another one.

This could be a way of 'balancing' Mongo Rage without introducing Mongo Fury. Players couldn't hit MR and then queue all perks 0.1s after it activates then just wait for the target to die. It would give evade professions a chance to hit defenses or CC professions a chance to root and run (after having one or maybe two perks land on them).

Issues:
    - lag could make some people's perk execution time longer
    - would introduce more 'spamming' of perks to get them to run ASAP
    - defensive perk actions will also need to be spammed sometimes (maybe make def perk actions queuable like they are now)
    - MR + stun perk would be a way of getting a few more seconds of perk time against evade professions
    dude you are killing me here lol
    i have a doctor alpha that requires about 10 perks including time wasters like nano regain and toxic shock this would be a real real pain in the ass!infact i think impossible considering the stuff i have to do between queing perks like swaps ,specials ,nanos etc.
    imo having to do a perk before you can use mongo rage is enough to make it annoying for people.i dont use it myself even on my trox shade but i can see how irritating the game will become if this was changed to no queing.

Quote Originally Posted by torakx View Post
    dude you are killing me here lol
    i have a doctor alpha that requires about 10 perks including time wasters like nano regain and toxic shock this would be a real real pain in the ass!infact i think impossible considering the stuff i have to do between queing perks like swaps ,specials ,nanos etc.
    imo having to do a perk before you can use mongo rage is enough to make it annoying for people.i dont use it myself even on my trox shade but i can see how irritating the game will become if this was changed to no queing.
    Yeah it is possible that less or no queuing would result in a bit of "helmet fire" or at least a bit too bothersome gameplay. AO PvP is pretty technical and hectic as it is so it might not be a good idea having to micromanage perks as well.

I still maintain that the general idea is a good one but it may not be practical to put it in game.
    Veteran of Equilibrium