Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1329

Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

I think you should keep 'themes' of importance.

When you do AI-icons, think about the theme, aliens, technology and green etc...great work btw

Im happy with the changes, keep it up, thanks :>

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    FYI: For me 'inventory' items are anything that do not have a corresponding in-game model/mesh. That said, some items you can 'wear' but do not affect the visual appearance of your toon, such as rings, bracers, hud items, util items, deck items.

The dust brigade bracer runs through 10 steps or so as you upgrade it. Seeing the final stage bracer can make it look a bit odd, so here is a sample of the bracers all lined up in progression.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...er_Sample4.png

the idea was to have them visually change as they got upgraded.

Anyways, keep the feedback coming.

Cheers!
    Awesome batch! 2 thumbs up!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

why FC doesnt change looks of notucomm? or any STUPID looking items, 99% of people in ao uses notucomm and its not really funny anymore. make it combine able with aura magnifier + make it look like aura magnifier (invisible)
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

The mesh could look better, but this thread is about icons.
    Last edited by kesh; Jul 9th, 2011 at 19:18:14.

Hi,

Earlier today I helped a guy with a run through SoM, I was happy to see the 'subtle' change I made to the nightmare icons was in-game and boy does it make it easier to collect the 5 different nightmares.
    Doc, to be honest, I highly dislike most of the new coloration for the new Ethers, or at least the brightness of them. The final one, the "Complete" Ether, looks like a Skittles-coloured bogey. Sneeze the rainbow!

Steps of Madness is supposed to be a dark, nightmarish, place. Having the bright, gaily coloured Ethers is kind of a distraction from from that. I think the colours need to be toned down a bit.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

With the exception of the Might of the Revenant and Withered Flesh icons they all look great, keep up the good job
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

I was heartbreaken after I saw new icons for robot junk...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    I was heartbreaken after I saw new icons for robot junk...
    Is this good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Is this good or bad?
    I thought it was a snail the first time I got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Is this good or bad?
    I liked originals more, new ones are bit too "organic"
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I like all the new icons I've seen much more than the original ones.

Especially liked the SoM ethers, I went and collected a backpack full just because they were so pretty (Well, they're useful for my lower org mates so I had that excuse too)

I like a lot of the new icons (especially db/alb bracers, they no longer all have the same icon and they look a lot a lot a lot better), but don't like motr, your ideas for shade spirits, or some stuff like that.

Read the description of a shade when you make a new character, and then look at the new spirits you posted. They're way to bright and like someone said it looks like an Abtroic commercial. Ebondevil seems to have an idea for making the icons less reused and keeping them dark and shade-like

Also compare the heals in http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...9&d=1313766666 with http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=223299. The old one looks great imo, and the new one looks cartoonish, not as sci-fy.

I think what you're doing is great, just careful not to replace perfectly good icons with something that will look really out of place.

hi why no one post here anymore :S
    I not like the new shade spirits, too colorful and pretty :S
    shade is not pretty. k. we durty.

Are the Blue Pearl by Conner also changed?
    I was tradeskilling them into jewelry and found out that the cut pearls and rings all have old icons.
    Will post some screens later on.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerengi View Post
    Are the Blue Pearl by Conner also changed?
    I was tradeskilling them into jewelry and found out that the cut pearls and rings all have old icons.
    Will post some screens later on.
    the pearls are new and I also noticed some of the rings once tradeskilled are still using the old graphics. I let Genele know, hopefully they will get fixed during an update.

If anyone finds mistakes in stuff like the gems/rings, please let me know.

Thanks!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

the pearls are new and I also noticed some of the rings once tradeskilled are still using the old graphics. I let Genele know, hopefully they will get fixed during an update.

If anyone finds mistakes in stuff like the gems/rings, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Hi Docaholic,

please see this this image.

3 icons there:
    Gold ring with Perfectly cut Blue Pearl by Conner,
    silver ring with Perfectly cut Blue Pearl by Conner,
    and single Perfectly cut Blue Pearl by Conner

Was anything changed in the 18.4.8/9/10 cycle?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

I think there might have been a few things, but I believe there's a boatload incoming with the Halloween update.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

as you can see..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2..._and_rings.png

These blue pearls and rings were already created and in the batch that was originally sent to FC. Rest assured they have the icons, it's just a matter of fixing the DB references. I'm sure it is on their 2-do list.

Thanks for pointing them out tigerengi.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast