Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1329

Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    In the spirit of the 10th Anniversary I just wanted to post a little Work in Progress..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ld_vs_New1.png

and

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ld_vs_New2.png

Tossing a little lub in the direction of shades. These are not final, but you'll have a good idea of the base design.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!
    I think they are awesome. I wish the bewbs were bigger, tho
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Like the new ones. Since I tend to deleted every spirit I run into tho, mine may not be the most germane opinion out there.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    In the spirit of the 10th Anniversary I just wanted to post a little Work in Progress..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ld_vs_New1.png

and

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ld_vs_New2.png

Tossing a little lub in the direction of shades. These are not final, but you'll have a good idea of the base design.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!
    I do not care much for this.. I like the concept but the blue color reminds me of a fixer (think GA) moreso than a shade and the rainbow colors.. looks like the skittle syndrome again with these icons. Nothing here really speaks out as a 'shade' maybe choose a darker base color and then make a shiny silverish or something highlight for the body parts.. that would be more shadelike I think.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 25th, 2011 at 00:40:28.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Colors aren't right on those, looks kinda weird, and too... clean.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Colors aren't right on those, looks kinda weird, and too... clean.
    I think I agree, spirits should be more...whats the word...whispy?

Anyway, fantastic work so far Mr Doc!

While I'm not keen on a few (only a few) of the changes you've done a great job for new arrivals into the game.

I've been loving all the new icons making an appearance in-game - it definitely makes it more visually appealing.

I'd like to point out though that some of the tradeskilled versions of these items still have their original icon - for instance, Sentient Cold Stones (apply a nano programming interface to a cold stone) and the Kyr'Ozch Viralbots Memory-Wiped and Formatted stages. If you have the time, some visual continuity on those items would be nice.

Thanks for the feedback, more whispy, hmm. I'll give that a try.

I'll look into the continuity, thanks for pointing it out.

And you all should feel free to post here if you see things that are not quite right. I noticed the soul sphere by divaad still used the old graphics, and there was missing the filigree rings for it. so I made those, they'll get updated soon enough.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Both new ones and old ones look great (so there was no reason to redo them tbh), but new ones don't look fitting, they are really not shady enough. If we get a new prof that uses spirits and it comes from the Sunnylands, your new icons would be perfect .
    Look at them as Redeemed/angelic/light/good spirits and they fit perfectly. Just make the Unredeemed/demonic/dark/evil spirits dark and shadowy and everything will be fine.
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jun 26th, 2011 at 13:50:05.

awesome work doc!! Think I even noticed some of your work in this last update, congrats!!

Should try your hand at mesh textures!! Some of those could definitely use your touch!!

The problem with mesh textures is,.. I can edit them if I have access, but I can't 'preview' the models because 1) I do not have the models. 2) they are .max files and I do not have 3DS Max. 3) not being able to preview means it's very hard to tweak the texture so it looks right in-game.. if I played with the textures, that would mean taking away precious time from one or more of the dev team to test the textures and then give me feedback so I can make corrections.

In an Ideal world I would have all the right tools and able to provide not just icons but also play with the models and their textures. Since I do not have 10k$ for a professional license of 3DS Max and do not have access to the models or any way to preview them, that is not going to happen. So, I'll stick to what I can do and not dwell on what I can't.

That said I would 'love' to be able to help clean up and make new textures for the in-game models.

Nuff said, Cheers!

shapes are good, but colors should be dark. they are shades, so more grey, black and dark green =)
    orange and ligheter green are still good to differentiate parts.

uh.. and.. may be some hair? =)
    Comdriver, RK2 engi and RK1 since 2012
    WTB belt for engineering tools

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    hjyuhjyuyhjyuhj45uhy4gftrftrg2

I love seeing your new icons every patch. Please continue bringing some visual treats to the community.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Thank you

Just wanted to say thank you for your work on helping to bring this change about. I have been away from the game for 5 years now. I saw the 14 day come back offer and I will be using that next week, when I have more time. I jumped in game on a sl00b account for now and one of the first changes I noticed was the new look to the rings on n00b island.

Reading through the forums and now I find that a player designed them. That is just wonderful. Keep up the great work. I am looking forward to discovering other new designs as I am rediscovering AO.

I'm definitely not a fan of the poser style, probably because this bald 3D body was used in too much amateurish projects.

Besides a coherent color scheme I don't think there is much to change to the spirits. Perhaps using the black and green (red, yellow, for other spirit types) and adding hair to the character will conserve the mood shades are feeling while still having upgraded icons.

Anyway I love seeing new icons. My inventory is getting easier to sort each patch.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Decided to go over the rings again.. hit the jackpot of reused icon..

http://www.aodb.us/icons.php?ico=84059

Used 1112 times. But I suspect the vast majority of these are not wearable by players and just added to mobs to boost stats and stuff. I guess I'll need to apply a logic filter of some kind LOL

Just though I'd share this.

Cheers!

Docaholic. I love your work!! Great Job, gimp! >.> Now... bout MotR and alba bracers.. Could you relook on then?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Docaholic. I love your work!! Great Job, gimp! >.> Now... bout MotR and alba bracers.. Could you relook on then?
    What lain said plus igocs minus the gimp part though lol

Docaholic, love, love, love the new icons - the shiny newness has been the only thing keeping me logging into AO these last few patches. Keep up the good work please!
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

strange that way back in January I posted this..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ity_Sample.jpg

and Only got positive feedback, one guy even saying that's exactly what he envisioned for the globe of clarity.

Now it's in game and people are not liking it? You guys got me confused..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ld_New_GoC.png

Old vs New.. and you think we should revert back? Me thinks you'll just have to get used to the new GoC and iGoC.

feedback is important, and like the shade spirits, they will be revamped before they get in-game and I will post updates of those when I get them done. but you can't tell me here you love them, then complain when they get in-game. I'm not allergic to negative feedback, but I am ruffled by inconsistent feedback.

but meh, I'll chug along.. choo chooo!

Cheers!

Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast