Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Funcom employee

Doc: You might want to send Genele a PM as she's been the one behind the vast majority of the newer NCU/Nano icons seen in-game over the last couple of months (such as the new leet pet icons, for example). She's been doing a lot of nano-icon work while tweaking the balance documents, and it might be a good idea for the two of you to touch base. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I'd be fine honestly if some new nano icons were just different variants of the old ones. As a Trader the fact that my Deprive/Divest and Ransack/Plunder nano lines all use the same icons is very annoying. Umbral Wrangles and Team Wrangles share the same icons as well.

Actually the nano resist debuff nanos, the AC debuff nanos, and the AC drain nanos all share the same icons as well. So do the charm line and calm line, and the nano drain and the nano DoTs.

Hmm the more I look the more just about every nano the Trader has is massively reused.

My vote if you play with nanos is to start with the Traders. :P
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Some of the cast nano's could definitely use more variation and/or better visibility at first glance. The stamp on is a nice concept, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't work simply... without it.

Biggest thing I'd like to see in the nanos is a little number in one of the bottom corners on the composite nanos to give an indication of how many hours it's going to last 1, 2, 4 or 8, this applies to the Composite Mochies buffs as well.

I wouldn't object to a number being stamped on the wranglers either so you could see how much each one wrangled for.

Also different nano lines, like the aforementioned Plunder/Divest are a nuisance that they share the same icons.

All in all I'd say keep the same theme as they currently have but fix duplicates.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Here's an idea: make pocket boss blueprints and crystals contain an image of the creature that will be spawned by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    let me know what you think.
    i think what you want might be better done "interface" side ... it would be a waste of your time to rework all icons ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Here's an idea: make pocket boss blueprints and crystals contain an image of the creature that will be spawned by it.
    long list but concept is quite fun

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    give an indication of how many hours it's going to last (...) a number being stamped on the wranglers (...) Plunder/Divest
    for composite hour duration i think it's a little useless, while having a number on wrangle/drain NCU/shortcut-bar would rock for both the caster & target !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    for composite hour duration i think it's a little useless, while having a number on wrangle/drain NCU/shortcut-bar would rock for both the caster & target !
    It was mostly for the Composite Mochies to be honest which have different level locks depending on the duration involved, so I frequently have multiple available, and all the composite MP nano skill buffs have the same icon, so can be really really annoying at times.

As for the others it would be a nice convenience and a simple change really.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Hey doc.
    i've started using the new backpacks. It's useful sorting items and keeping stuff separated.
    i feel one kind is missing: a backpack for Attunement devices.
    Could you try create one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    It was mostly for the Composite Mochies to be honest which have different level locks depending on the duration involved, so I frequently have multiple available, and all the composite MP nano skill buffs have the same icon, so can be really really annoying at times.

As for the others it would be a nice convenience and a simple change really.
    Yup and Engineer Composite Tradeskill (8 Hours) has the same Icon than Mochies too.
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Snare and Root reducer nanos share the same icon - really annoying when you have a root going and you cast the snare reducer cause of it's look
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Maybe you could do a diff icon for platinum ingots, currently silver/plat share the same icon.

...and maybe a 'Keys/Passes' backpack

P.S. <3 the arul saba gems ...i r ts'er
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigward View Post
    Maybe you could do a diff icon for platinum ingots, currently silver/plat share the same icon.
    Chunk of Platinum ore also shares the same icon (chunk not tradeskill item, SL drop). Osmium Ingot uses same icon as well.

Gold ingot, chunk of gold ore, iridium ingot and chunk of iridium ore use the same icon.
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

back on page 45 I posted these,..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...uff_Sample.jpg

Some didn't like the word 'ingot' stamped on the tradeskill versions. but they are done. next suggestion?

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Look up a few posts for my suggestion.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I personally don't think that you should spend any time on icons for the nanos. I'd much prefer to see inventory items be remade. Which ones could be made next, maybe the various bracers that exist, for example the Albtraum bracers and Dust Brigade bracers. Highend uber items that we all want that all look the same.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    back on page 45 I posted these,..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...uff_Sample.jpg

Some didn't like the word 'ingot' stamped on the tradeskill versions. but they are done. next suggestion?

Cheers!
    I'm not overly keen on the word being on the item, but the different colors ..thumbs up
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

They look fine otherwise but the text "ingot" doesn't fit at all. I think the description of the ingot is making it clear enough: "A small ingot of pure silver. This is a tradeskill item.".

I'm not sure if you asked suggestions for these ones or what to do next. If it's the former case simply removing the text would make it better. Or maybe it could say something like "999.9" instead? They also look a bit like a bar of soap. Maybe they could be a bit thinner, like a small bar of gold in the hands of a goldsmith?

Sorry for late suggestions.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

My two cents about the pillows and ingot.

The new icons on the pillows don't look like an improvement for the icon that is used atm. The lighting is bit much. And the colours should be bit stronger.

The ingot, they don't have the 'real' feeling, i think the colouring needs some work. Silver ingot should look like silver not like a grey bar. Also maybe smoothen the edges of the bars? Or maybe put them in a different angle.
    And the stamp on it, makes it like a bar of soap.

Just my two cents: Doc, everyones a critic, you're never gonna please em all so dont knock yourself out trying. I see a lot of negative comments here, some of which just seem to be nitpicking.

For myself i'm just glad we are getting new icons and i'm not gonna waste my time looking over your shoulder while you make em
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Looking over shoulder? Nitpicking?

And here I was thinking this was mainly a feedback thread
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast