Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

The new set is definitely better than the previous one
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Come on Doc! New AO Desktop Icon Pack!

Call me nuts, but for those of us vets who have been around, would like to see a set of AO Icons for desktop.

Recycle Bin (OT Trashbin)
    Computer (Terminal)
    Network (Grid Access)
    CD/DVD Drive (No idea)
    Movie Player
    MP3 Player
    Text/Document
    Firefox
    Webcam
    Printer
    AO Shortcut
    Sound Mixer

That is all I can think of regarding desktop icons.... and ofc I will be the bastard asking for them to be in 3D because I know you can do it =P
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

these are the 3 icons I have been using for the past 4 years or so..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...rchy_Icons.png

I have no way of uploading .ico or .zip files here. these boards do not allow file attachments.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Please don't waste any time on desktop icons! Continue your crusade for updating icons in game! Don't stray from your path!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Yay for bots!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    these are the 3 icons I have been using for the past 4 years or so..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...rchy_Icons.png

I have no way of uploading .ico or .zip files here. these boards do not allow file attachments.

Cheers!
    Aren't those the ones I hosted for you earlier?

http://www.tdb.fi/AOIcons.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Aren't those the ones I hosted for you earlier?

http://www.tdb.fi/AOIcons.zip
    Hmm I forgot about that, yes 2 of those icons are in your hosted file, and yours has my clicksaver icon too. the third one on the right in this recent post is my newest icon for AO.

Cheers!

Another thing for your list that is a bit different. How about those Icons over shop terminals? Most of them share the same icon but maybe there is something you can do in that department to change it up a bit.

Shop terminals are 3D renderings, though, and they're exported for use in the game. The original files are probably lost long ago, so editing those is an unlikely possibility, it would require a new one from scratch.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Looks around tilts his Flaming pink nano hood

"Wonder when Means will comment.. hmmm"

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

Just wondering but is the F-Grid item change one of your designs doc?

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBamsen View Post
    Looks around tilts his Flaming pink nano hood

"Wonder when Means will comment.. hmmm"
    What's Means supposed to comment on?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Just wondering but is the F-Grid item change one of your designs doc?
    My bet is yes, looks nice too imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    MA's role is basically wannabe DD whore outdamaged by many professions.
    Tedomari 220 ma Equip
    Nted 220 NT gimp
    Tedomary 150 s10 ma Equip

I'm sitting on the fence wondering if I should 'process' all the Nano icons (as seen in this sample)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...mp_Sample1.png

Or, leave well enough alone. It's a huge task to run through all the Nano programs and the corresponding Quick Bar icons, but it's a case of all or nothing.. And, the new 'Running Nano' icons would require the 'Code' be adjusted to fit the new design. (as time runs down it turns to grayscale, but the new active nano only needs the 'window' part to transform from color to grayscale.)

Anyways, let me know what you think. This all started with me wanting to make new Active Nano icons for the bots, but the new ones kind of look out of place, nice but they don't match the old style..

Oh for woe is me.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Docaholic; Aug 20th, 2010 at 16:12:51.

By having borders like that within the ncu "cells" it becomes harder to see actually, imo

So if you want to change them around, do it so it becomes easier/more clear what it buffs etc.
    Last edited by swedoc; Aug 20th, 2010 at 16:42:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    I'm sitting on the fence wondering if I should 'process' all the Nano icons (as seen in this sample)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...mp_Sample1.png

Or, leave well enough alone. It's a huge task to run through all the Nano programs and the corresponding Quick Bar icons, but it's a case of all or nothing.. And, the new 'Running Nano' icons would require the 'Code' be adjusted to fit the new design. (as time runs down it turns to grayscale, but the new active nano only needs the 'window' part to transform from color to grayscale.)

Anyways, let me know what you think. This all started with me wanting to make new Active Nano icons for the bots, but the new ones kind of look out of place, nice but they don't match the old style..

Oh for woe is me.

Cheers!
    leave the NCU icons alone :P unless you find some double
    I really dont like the NCU icons you made in that picture.

cant we use the inventory icons for the nano formula icons?

and pets dont make a NCU icon
    Last edited by lazarus; Aug 20th, 2010 at 16:49:56.

The more identifiable the better. Borders that make the actual icons smaller is a bad idea in my opinion.

ncu icons need a massive overhaul, leaving them alone would be a shame. agreed though, borders might not be good on ncu icons.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

I hear what you are saying, and your feedback has led me to do another test..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...o_Buttons1.png

and

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ms_Sample1.png

What I did was create an 'overlay' (with transparency) that I can simply 'stamp' over the existing icons to help tie them up and make them have a bit of an updated feel. This would be the fastest way to give the icons an update without having to redraw all of them. also if I make new icons this stamp will help make them 'fit' better.

Take a look at these 2 samples and let me know what you think.

Cheers!

P.S. In each sample I stamped the 'overlay' on a 'blank space' so you can see the design better.

I have to say the new icons are just as good as the old icons. My opinion is that NCU icons (for the most part) are fine enough as they are. I think your best effort/gain ratio lies elsewhere.

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast