Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Its All About The Phats.
    20+ pages of replies cant say it better.

Brilliant art work, truly a shining talent.
    Last edited by Tsun; Feb 1st, 2010 at 20:14:25.
    Acetsuntura (220]/21/70) - Adventurer

So to not anoy Docaholic till endless messures, keep making these cool graphics. And as a last opinion which will be a real timeconsumer... I think that if u change only the multiple use icons, it will look a bit off. Ur new graphics compared to the old ones is quite a diffence. It will just feel off, seeing for instance an old HH@B next to ur new ring Ur own picture as example
    Last edited by Xeriathos; Feb 2nd, 2010 at 14:28:03. Reason: {Edited by Xeriathos: removed reply to deleted post.}
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

For those in Free Souls who have seen Doc's fine artwork over the years, the great stuff he has posted here comes as no surprise. It's nice to see him getting some much deserved lub for his art from the player community and FC as well. I hope, as many others do, that these make it in-game.

Good job, Doc!
    Demy

~The human mind, like the universe itself, contains the seeds of many worlds. ~Loren Eiseley

Demystrys-189/10MP-Free Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    I think that if u change only the multiple use icons, it will look a bit off. Ur new graphics compared to the old ones is quite a diffence. It will just feel off, seeing for instance an old HH@B next to ur new ring Ur own picture as example
    The left side of that picture is original AO rings. I think the HHaB (it's actually the inf protection ring) is the odd one out in just that group, even without considering Doc's new rings. So perhaps that should be changed (and as a consequence, the inf protection ring and combinations thereof as well). Most of the other ones fit in well enough, with perhaps the toe ring being an exception.

Those new rings just have a much more refined look and better contrast shades, altho ur right i prolly wont focus that much on items in my inventory if im just playing the game. Then again i didnt find the graphical look of items in inventory a problem either
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    ... I think that if u change only the multiple use icons, it will look a bit off.
    Some graphics need total replacement, like the Arul Saba gems, I did that. Doing most all the other gems too. Rings on the other hand have 32 rings representing several hundred rings, many of which are nodrop unique. I have to start someplace and tackling the 'reused' graphics is the best place I could think of to start.

Also note I'm staying away from inventory items that have an in-game model attached. I'm not sure if I do those if I'll also need to recolor the texture maps for those weapons and armor.

So, I'll start with the redundant graphics then work from there.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Decision time, I want to nail down the pearls next, I need your opinion as to which way to go..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...rlTests001.jpg

1) Make them like the top Encrusted/Shiny sample?

2) Make them like the lower Dull-Dirty/Shiny sample?

(quote this post and cast your vote)

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Decision time, I want to nail down the pearls next, I need your opinion as to which way to go..

Cheers!
    Though decision. 2 is more realistic but harder to distinguish. I vote 1 (RK pearls dont have to be the same thing as old Earth ones. Unless you want to make the polished version a lighter colour and shinnier?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

How about this for the Heckler of elements, or dreams?...
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...r_Sample04.jpg
    Old post but I didn't found this thread earlier. Looking through your work this is the only one I find is not fitting in the AO scifi cyberpunk (if I even know what that means) darkish theme. It's just too colorful. Like a hippie.

I hope you are FC find some sort or agreement that suits both of you. You've done lots of work but I suspect their financial situation might be tight.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Cheers!
    Short version: I vote for option 1.

Long version:

If we consider how real pearls are formed, option 2 would be more realistic. However, in AO the largest source of pearls are monsters in the Shadowlands, nearly all of which are land-based, and none of which has the slightest resemblance to any kind of shelled mollusk. Seeing how most of these creatures have no pockets to carry stuff in, the most probable location for the pearls is inside the digestive tract, or attached to their fur or skin with some kind of goo. In both cases it would be sensible for the pearl to be covered by some kind of gunk, as in option 1.

The same logic can be applied to Pearl of Rubi-Ka, which is found in similar circumstances on Rubi-Ka.

I'm not sure what exactly a Ruby Pearl is, but presumably just oddly colored pearl, so the same logic applies for it too.

The game also has a few processed/manufactured pearls, with no "perfectly cut" versions: Blue Pearl, Dull Pearl of Silver by Omni-Med, Gold 2 Sphere Pearl by Peters & Tool, Shining 2 Sphere by Pearl, Peters & Tool. These don't need the rough icon I think. Cama's/Vanya's pearl of left/right brain are also obviously already processed.

Oddly enough, there is also one apparently manufactured pearl which does have a perfectly cut version: Blue Pearl by Conner. I'm not quite sure of what to think of this.

One example of the reverse also exists: Silver Pearl has no perfectly cut version. Presumably it's a small metallic sphere.

bamp!! great idear!!

=D
    Krustyleet87 (Adventurer) 220/30
    Rustyleet87 (Engineer) - 220/18 Engi

Proud Member of Sparta!

!

#2 gets my vote. The reason for this is simply that of enjoyment. Pearls currently tell me "ooh shiny credats, my precioussssssh". #1 tells me "ewwww I'm not putting that in my favorite backpack".
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Cheers!
    Id have to say number 2, but I also agree with everyone change them up a little with maybe a different color scheme between them to distinguish them apart?
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Cheers!
    From a quick glance stand point I'm going to have to go with option 1.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Quick question,

Aren't pearls supposed to be more White-ish, than Green-ish?

Quote Originally Posted by enakur View Post
    Quick question,

Aren't pearls supposed to be more White-ish, than Green-ish?
    Usually that is what people in the real world prefer. But in game with all the various different type of creatures and minerals they can be any color the person designing them wants them to be.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

just sec ago a friend of mine confused ado undersea back (water repelant) and kyr'ozch helmet ^^

another in the to-do list
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Bamps for more opiniations. Gogo replies.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

I just recalled there's a bunch of other stuff too using the usual suspects for icons - that is ring thingamalingys.

Silver tiara set with pearls

Thick- serpent like gold bracelet

Among these items is:

A fisherman's charm- made from coral

These are all the junk you can get from catacombs that sell for about 1 credit each (even though they're 'valuable pieces of jewelry') with the usual typos ;p I think these weren't mentioned yet.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

bump bump bump
    I love your work.
    I LOVE YOUR WORK
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast