Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282960 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Once I bought Jame ql 140. Its green as a model when wielding, but in inventory looks like silver Suppressor. I was cleaning backpacks and I accidently sold this gun to vendor. Noticed this next week, when i wanted to put Jame on.
    A little bit of colorization on the some standard inventory pics could go a long way to reducing those kind of errors..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2..._Colorized.jpg

I did this quick little test and just colorized parts of the Blaster icon, might be worth doing, this type of thing is quick and easy,.. not sure if the weapon textures would need to be recolored to match in game, but if this is just to give the 'inventory' graphics a bit more help for distinguishing between unique or otherwise 'valued' items from the 'basic' items, it's an easy fix.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Think these will work for the Multi-Hued Gems?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ued_Sample.jpg

Cheers!

I just wonder where do you get your ideas from
    Great work Doc!

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post

Cheers!
    A little too much gay pride parade going for them
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Cheers!
    I'm with Mastablasta on this one; they don't look "real" to me. They look like a gem with a paint job, instead of naturally reflecting and refracting different lights. I'm not sure if this would work, or if your program can do it (mine can't :P) but what about setting up a rainbow spectrum of lights but setting the individual faces so that one colour light is only reflected by one or two faces? That may look terrible, but depending on how subtle the colour is it may give the ilusion of "splitting" the light, much like a prism does.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

Very nice looking art!

Maybe FC could just use your art?

It's very nice.

McKnuckleSamwich saved me from a double post, hurrah!

I took me saying that my program couldn't render seperate faces with different colours as a personal insult (from myself... yeah I'm odd) and set out to prove myself wrong.

Apologies for the general low quality of the picture (all the colours are pastel for some reason) however I think it illustrates what I meant by the different colours per face quite nicely: http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...i_hued_gem.jpg

If you wanted to know I did it by creating several duplicate "gems" and deleting different faces off each one, then colouring the duplicates with different colours (no textures here, this really was a fast job). I suspect that I could make it look better by having kept a full, white "gem" inside the mutilated ones and setting the coloured faces to a high transparency with a touch of reflection, but as I said, I whacked this out in an hour and wasn't realyl aiming for the best picture ever.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?

the problem is not getting it to look like a 'specular' prism hue thing.. all I need to do is apply the texture to the specular map (and in this case the transparency map also) to get it to sparkle like a rainbow of colors is shining through the gem.. see..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...cular_test.jpg

but the problem with this is when the gem is reduced to the size of the game icons (48x48) it does not end up looking good. I tried it first, and found that applying the texture to the diffuse map gave a better result when reduced.

alternately I could load the models and 'detach' each face then in bryce assign a different glass color to each face. I'm willing to bet the result will be prety much similar to the first attempt.

I'll see if I can come up with something.

Cheers!

Edit: here is a sample of the old and new ring with the extra light source. Thanks for the advice Scabadus, it seems much better now.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ing_Teaked.jpg

Have to say I actually like the old one a bit better, but the new one is also nice.

Could be used for 2 rings that are similar to each other.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Someone said my nice new monster parts and half digested body parts needed new blood plasma icons to go with them,.. I came up with these..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...sma_Sample.jpg

Cheers!

Someone said my nice new monster parts and half digested body parts needed new blood plasma icons to go with them,.. I came up with these..

Cheers!
    Those would look more at home in a fantasy setting. The ones currently ingame put the thoughts more along the line of a hightech material canister of some kind. Not a glass vial with a cork stopper. One could assume that the canister the plasma comes in is created by the bio comminutor through an internal nanobot factory, and as such having it make a vial with a corkstopper would seem kind of ... weird

Also, the above multihued gem is much better than the last one. Perhaps you could work with what you're doing there to get a better version.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Cheers!
    That is so spooky, I had a similar idea for the VP items found in Lost Eden missions. I use a custom GUI with a different colour so I deliberatly didn't use objects that were transparent all the way through but it's a very similar idea: http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...dus/Image3.jpg

Anyway, for the people who start shouting that I copied Docaholic, I take a day at elast to make a picture like that, and a further couple of hours setting up lighting and rendering several times to get the best effect. Given that I'm posting this only an hour after Doc's post... well.. look at the last thing I did in an hour. I think the quality will speak for itself.

You are absolutely right, I should have thought High Tech for any items like containers in AO. How's this version?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...Plasma_new.jpg

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Scabadus View Post
    That is so spooky, I had a similar idea for the VP items found in Lost Eden missions. I use a custom GUI with a different colour so I deliberatly didn't use objects that were transparent all the way through but it's a very similar idea: http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...dus/Image3.jpg.
    Too contemporary and looks impractical compared to the level of technological sophistication present in the AO universe.

You are absolutely right, I should have thought High Tech for any items like containers in AO. How's this version?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...Plasma_new.jpg

Cheers!
    Kind of... dull. Looks like an icon out of Syndicate Wars
    A kind of blisterpack would seem more along the lines of what's ingame now, or a tube/round container with a kind of endcap on each end.
    The Red Brotherhood

I think even in the future Blood Plasma would come in Bags considering it has a real application outside of being sold for money.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    I think even in the future Blood Plasma would come in Bags considering it has a real application outside of being sold for money.
    But what's the reason for the bag? And is it needed 25000 years in the future?
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    But what's the reason for the bag? And is it needed 25000 years in the future?
    Bag can be hung up. Bag can be packed flat. Bag are see though.

And 25,000 years in the future we still use containers to hold liquid...
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

No you insert the capsule that Masta described into a machine which makes rainbows and that makes farts not smell.
    214/20 Adv - Entventurer
    217+ Engi - Entity206
    220/20 Doc - Entagain
    220 Shade - Reali
    Orgless & Stripped.
    Awesome tradeskillers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Too contemporary and looks impractical compared to the level of technological sophistication present in the AO universe.

Kind of... dull. Looks like an icon out of Syndicate Wars
    A kind of blisterpack would seem more along the lines of what's ingame now, or a tube/round container with a kind of endcap on each end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    These two suggestions gave me this idea: http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...roduction2.jpg

It's not a bag, but it also looks like is has an actual purpose (though from the looks of it that purpose might be interogating Rebles on the Death Star... it looks a little more vicious than I intended). Unfortunatly most of the detail is lost when I shrank it down to icon size but it's a step in the right direction of "high tech". Oh ye sand the liquid inside is also green. I still had the alien items in mind when I made it but it could easily be changed to red (or yellow.. wiki it up) for Blood Plasma.

P.S. Docaholic I'm hoping you don't mind me linking to these images I made, or at the very least you can use them for inspiration. If you want to tell me to GTFO of your thread then go ahead, I won't mind.

Edit to avoid Double Posting: Here's another picture I made which, I believe, keeps more with the current graphics for the Lost Eden missions VP items. No container, no fancey wrapping, just a few blobs of alien bio-material: http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...l_and_icon.jpg. Nothing high-tech about it, but sometimes simpler is better.
    Last edited by Scabadus; Dec 15th, 2009 at 22:58:36.

First Scabadus, I never mind when people post eye candy, and it's a good thing when people participate in a hot thread.

I was thinking a bit along the same lines, some kind of 'extractor' thing with a probe you stick into the monster parts to extract the blood plasma. I kept the actual 'plasma container' cylindrical to kind of match the in-game plasma.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...asma_Thing.jpg

Not sure if this thing is an alternate biocomm, or a new icon for blood plasma.

Comments welcome, Cheers!

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282960 ... LastLast