Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    I understand, but unless I missed my guess the inventory icons in AO are 48x48 in size. if the game would rescale them down to 48x48 from a higher rez one (ie 96x96) the detail would still get lost, and depending on the scaling routine it might look even worse.

all my rings are being rendered at 512x512 and then scaled down. I have more control over the final image this way and can guarantee without a doubt these 48x48 icons will look better than if the game engine simply scaled them in-game.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...SizeSample.jpg

as you can see there might be even more detail lost than you originally thought, but that is the price to pay when dealing with small icon sizes.

Cheers!
    Just nice, small and large, just nice. Good work!

From one artist/designer to another, awesome work! I really hope these get implemented, and possibly more in the future if that is your desire. Hope your talk with Kintaii is going well too (making these happen). :P
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

why not a poker ring, like there was in doom 2, it injects nano bots and would make sense for things like totw rings with blinds or dots
    Last edited by lostlife; Dec 8th, 2009 at 21:48:01.

Are you creating these icons in a 3D rendering tool? If not I'm very impressed with your drawing skills... and if you are I'm still impressed with your texturing skills. Great job.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

More stuff, all of it good. The detail on the high resolution ring you posted is drool-inducing.

Second, I had not checked out the nano formula icons yet Axtimor, that will be a whole ball of wax on it's own. I'll look into it at some point but atm I'm concentrating on inventory items.
    The nano icon thing was mentioned by another NT (Ll4m4) earlier in the thread as well, which goes to indicate that if you have time to get to them and they some day make it in game, you'll be getting a lot of love notes and offers to have your cyber babies from the NT community.
    Axtilmor - 220/25 NT
    Sulstiare - 209/20 Engy

A proud member of Circle G

Quote Originally Posted by Soosis View Post
    #1: STOP comparing Real life to a Game. Gun barrels in AO are made out of fuzzy bunnyrabits from hell, that dont melt even after 10 hours of consecutive shooting <- closer to truth, than what you are saying.

I understand, but unless I missed my guess the inventory icons in AO are 48x48 in size. if the game would rescale them down to 48x48 from a higher rez one (ie 96x96) the detail would still get lost, and depending on the scaling routine it might look even worse.

all my rings are being rendered at 512x512 and then scaled down. I have more control over the final image this way and can guarantee without a doubt these 48x48 icons will look better than if the game engine simply scaled them in-game.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...SizeSample.jpg

as you can see there might be even more detail lost than you originally thought, but that is the price to pay when dealing with small icon sizes.

Cheers!
    Wow. There's a whole more more detail to them then I thought. Very nice.
    So did Kintaii manage to contact you?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Maybe larger icons for the new engine , nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Scabadus View Post
    Are you creating these icons in a 3D rendering tool? If not I'm very impressed with your drawing skills... and if you are I'm still impressed with your texturing skills. Great job.
    Hi, I'm making the models in Anim8or (a free 3d modeling program) and I import the model into Bryce to texture and render. I use my favorite Art program to resize and work any post production on the rendered image. (any paint package that allows transparency and layers is all you need, even GIMP can work for this kind of graphics work.)

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Bump for great work
    Razcull
    Rimor

I'm sure there is a way to get a list of the duplicate items from the DB.
    http://www.aodb.us/index.php?pg=ico
    here you can see all icons used in AO and by clicking on them - all items, assigned to them. so I think it is easy way to find all duplicates.
    Comdriver, RK2 engi and RK1 since 2012
    WTB belt for engineering tools

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    hjyuhjyuyhjyuhj45uhy4gftrftrg2

May I say that that ring looks insanely cool?

Awesome job and hope some of your rings make it in game.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Heyas,

Awesome work, mate. Every little bit of it! I really hope, Funcom considers integrating your stuff into the engine revamp. *two thumbs up*

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

I approve of this thread.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

This is very nice work Looking forward to seeing it ingame too
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Comdriver View Post
    http://www.aodb.us/index.php?pg=ico
    here you can see all icons used in AO and by clicking on them - all items, assigned to them. so I think it is easy way to find all duplicates.
    o..m..g.. this is great. Thanks allot for this link. I was using auno.org item search. but not all rings have the word 'ring' in them.

Cheers!

:O

Holy boop. Those are AMAZING.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Here is a sample of the Almandine gem, rough stone and the perfectly cut version.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ine_Sample.jpg

I'll post some half digested body parts and new Monster parts next..

Cheers!

Oooh beautiful!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I'll post some half digested body parts and new Monster parts next..

Cheers!
    That means you gotta do blood plasma too, right, or else it'll just mean nobody will want to convert their shiny monster parts into fugly plasmorz...

I like what you've done (and I played a LOT of Steel Panthers in my day btw ) and hope that your contribution gets acknowledged and imcluded. I always hated the one billion similarly looking items myself and was wondering when they made the LE typed clumps different from the old alien drops, whether they were going to change anything more... It was always a cop out to add new content that looks like old schmoozola as was the case with the way LE clumps were brought in. Edit: Also, here's your new UBER endgame bracer - btw, it looks like the Bracer of Reflection you've had for 5 years

Finally, does AO use 2 different sizes of icons (for normal / list mode types of inventory)? Or is that just scaled in game? Anyone?
    Last edited by eroz_c; Dec 9th, 2009 at 17:37:30.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

And here are some Monster parts and Half Digested body parts.. No mor reason to loose your Biocomm processing those body parts accidentally..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...rts_Sample.jpg

Cheers!

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast