Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Agent profession

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    Hi i am here to tell you that anything you get, anything at all will make you OP and derail another thread as usual. I have no idea how agents work but that doesn't stop me from pretending that i do. Please keep responding to my posts so i can continue trolling as usual.
    Please go away from agent threads. We get it, you are having fun derailing threads left and right on these forums. You don't care one way or another but leave the people who do to suggest and discuss about their professions. Your input consists of "You get this and you will be OP". No justification no arguments nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by somenamehere View Post
    Please go away from agent threads.
    What? If I don't, you will tell my mom? QQ

Son, this is not Agent's forum, it's public forum and I have every right to say what I have on given subject.

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    Im not putting words in ur mouth...U said have more then 2 mimics is OP
    I said, "anything more then that would be OP'd". Yes, you are indeed putting words in my mouth.

Your defense is nicely balanced via mimic, RI is silly (I so 101% agree on that one), however, CH would be OP'd (or anything that you ask in return, which would be equal to it) if there were no means to shut it down and that's practically what you ask for.
    Last edited by Klodders; Dec 11th, 2009 at 14:11:46.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Now ur blind too? Or cant read?

ArienSky:

Please look at the data Klod.
    And then give examples of what you call "two combined froob toolsets" THAT IS SO OVER-POWERED?

Klodders:

Shield ripper, reflects and CH at the same time.

In other words that means shield ripper, reflects and CH at the same time are OP.
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    Now ur blind too? Or cant read?

ArienSky:

Please look at the data Klod.
    And then give examples of what you call "two combined froob toolsets" THAT IS SO OVER-POWERED?

Klodders:

Shield ripper, reflects and CH at the same time.

In other words that means shield ripper, reflects and CH at the same time are OP.
    They most certainly aren't underpowered.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

klod i wish to meet your agent online sometime, i would like to see your pvp kills solo if thats ok.
    also your setup and prefered mimic.
    it seems you dont think much of the shades absorb sleeve is it fine that agent has one then if it is not a defence worth mentioning?this would be a big boost for agent defence.infact with the invisibility it fits right into our role.

as for nsd engie reflects and ch well if it was so overpowered dont you think everyone would be using it always and killing everyone around them easy?this is certainly not the case.i only pvp on agent in this game i have a shade for pvm.
    and while pvping on agent i have realised mimic trader serves me better.without any other mimic before hand than trying to swap gear just to get an nsd i will never make use of.you must rememeber its 1m range! maybe you didnt realise that before so its easy to see why you may have thought that overpowered. also its a 20 second refresh.agent would need 5-10m range and 5 -10 second refresh for it to be useable in pvp aside from duels.

this is me honestly trying to see if you are just havign fun in here or you actually want to create a balance in anarchy.
    i am even willing to go on bs with you and watch as you show me how powerful this thing is that i never used after the first few goes on the battlestations with it.

Quote Originally Posted by torakx View Post
    klod i wish to meet your agent online sometime, i would like to see your pvp kills solo if thats ok.
    also your setup and prefered mimic.
    it seems you dont think much of the shades absorb sleeve is it fine that agent has one then if it is not a defence worth mentioning?this would be a big boost for agent defence.infact with the invisibility it fits right into our role.

as for nsd engie reflects and ch well if it was so overpowered dont you think everyone would be using it always and killing everyone around them easy?this is certainly not the case.i only pvp on agent in this game i have a shade for pvm.
    and while pvping on agent i have realised mimic trader serves me better.without any other mimic before hand than trying to swap gear just to get an nsd i will never make use of.you must rememeber its 1m range! maybe you didnt realise that before so its easy to see why you may have thought that overpowered. also its a 20 second refresh.agent would need 5-10m range and 5 -10 second refresh for it to be useable in pvp aside from duels.

this is me honestly trying to see if you are just havign fun in here or you actually want to create a balance in anarchy.
    i am even willing to go on bs with you and watch as you show me how powerful this thing is that i never used after the first few goes on the battlestations with it.
    QQ

Seriously, I made my point. Your defenses are already balanced enough, anything more then you have today would be plain silly.

You might wanna work out on your offense instead.

P.S.
    Anyways, if you really think that 5k coon is such a nice defense to have, go with NM agent. There will be one time breed change available to you.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

QQ

Seriously, I made my point. Your defenses are already balanced enough, anything more then you have today would be plain silly.

You might wanna work out on your offense instead.

P.S.
    Anyways, if you really think that 5k coon is such a nice defense to have, go with NM agent. There will be one time breed change available to you.
    i hoped you might have said OUR defenses are already balanced enough and not YOUR when referring to our agents. or do you mean your agent is somehow different from the others.
    i get the feeling you arent looking at this from an agents perspective and how these theories plan out in reality.
    once again i encourage you to meet up ingame and we can actually test these things live.
    i would be happy then to come back with our results and post them here.
    im not teasing or anything.i would be honestly interested to see how it works for you as an agent with engie reflects/nsd and ch.maybe a couple of sol/adve/fixer/doc/mp duels will help show it better also.

i hoped you might have said OUR defenses are already balanced enough and not YOUR when referring to our agents. or do you mean your agent is somehow different from the others.
    i get the feeling you arent looking at this from an agents perspective and how these theories plan out in reality.
    once again i encourage you to meet up ingame and we can actually test these things live.
    im not teasing or anything.i would be honestly interested to see how it works for you as an agent with engie reflects/nsd and ch.maybe a couple of sol/adve/fixer/doc/mp duels will help show it better also.
    Honestly, I do tend to use the Engi NSD reflects and then go Doc for CH, it's rather amusing to catch a soldier under AMS knowing they can't RI you, use the snare perks so they can't run away and then stalk them constantly pumping damage in them and hoping the Ripper works, which on Soldiers it does occasionally. For everyone else though the Rippers have no effect though cause it's not worth the effort to get that close.

All in all it works well for getting some revenge on Soldiers for RI, but it does require them to be under AMS or they'll mess you up bad, even then you need to stick around for quite some time in close proximity for the Rippers to land, and standing around someone for that long is tantamount to inviting another enemy to come along and kill you.

So it can work, and it can be fun, but it's long shot from overpowered. When it works it works okay but it's no where near as good as it is in an Engineers hands, the vast majority of the time though it doesn't so I would say it's underpowered especially as it costs you some reflects since you can't go Sol for RRFE.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Look.

Just admit that you are pissed of because some people can disable your CH (with soldier's RI indeed being poorly designed nano), or at least make it harder for you to use.

But if they couldn't, what would be left for them to do except to die miserably from you (except soldiers, ofc)?

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Look.

Just admit that you are pissed of because some people can disable your CH (with soldier's RI indeed being poorly designed nano), or at least make it harder for you to use.
    No, we're pissed off because CH is pretty much our only defence, our evades are currently on the lower end of the scale and Agents are hurting from a lack of a panic button.

MP's Panic button is Spirit of Blessing from level 30, it's not perfect, but the Heal perk is useful and has saved my MP a number of times especially as it's on a relatively fast recharge, which FYI is getting even faster. Traders got a minor Health drain Perk from level 30. Doctors have a Heal perk from level 40. MA's Careful in Battle from Level 40. At lower levels none of them are exactly amazing, but all can be considered Panic buttons and any of them are better than what Agents have, who don't really even have a Panic button at 220...

And as for CH being overpowered, well docs best heal is around 3-4 times as strong depending on Heal effeciency and in addition to that that get Heal perks, so if CH is overpowered, what the hell do you think Bodily Invigoration is with half the recharge and at least half as much again healing?

If CH was really Overpowered then Docs would be using it a hell of a lot more than they do
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    No, we're pissed off because CH is pretty much our only defence, our evades are currently on the lower end of the scale and Agents are hurting from a lack of a panic button.
    People are talking about having 3k AR and 3.1k def on their agents. That's most certainly not "lower end" evade rating.

MP's Panic button is Spirit of Blessing from level 30, it's not perfect, but the Heal perk is useful and has saved my MP a number of times especially as it's on a relatively fast recharge, which FYI is getting even faster.
    It would be a panic button if it healed for 1300 points at level 60.

Traders got a minor Health drain Perk from level 30. Doctors have a Heal perk from level 40. MA's Careful in Battle from Level 40. At lower levels none of them are exactly amazing, but all can be considered Panic buttons and any of them are better than what Agents have, who don't really even have a Panic button at 220...
    You have snare perks, roots/snare nanos.

Seriously, that's why you have mimic later on. True, at lower levels it might be of questionable use, but hey... Might start of fixing that, instead of asking for acro/bioshield perkline.

And as for CH being overpowered, well docs best heal is around 3-4 times as strong depending on Heal effeciency and in addition to that that get Heal perks, so if CH is overpowered, what the hell do you think Bodily Invigoration is with half the recharge and at least half as much again healing?
    Docs are docs. Hopefully, they will get deserved nerf with upcoming heal changes. CH would be OP'd (in your hands) if there were no ways to disable it, or at least some means to lower its effect.

If CH was really Overpowered then Docs would be using it a hell of a lot more than they do
    They obviously have better nanos to use. Go figure.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

People are talking about having 3k AR and 3.1k def on their agents. That's most certainly not "lower end" evade rating.
    Which is pretty much what's required to be able to perk non evade professions and not be perked by everyone. That's pretty much low end these days when everyone can reach 3k def, all our damage comes pretty much from our AR & Aimed Shot, and Aimed Shot's getting nerfed.

Also bear in mind that AR and Def is on an endgame equipped toon with top towers, that's not the standard which I think should be used to balance Agents around. It's not a standard, it's a top end and should perform in like manner.

It would be a panic button if it healed for 1300 points at level 60.
    No it would be ridiculously Overpowered.

You have snare perks, roots/snare nanos.
    At lower levels we have 1 snare perk, which is only of use since the snare mechanics on mobs are, well, broken. Our Snare/Root nanos are completely useless at lower levels and even at higher levels we get one root which may land but a large proportion of mobs are immune to roots. They're not exactly Panic buttons, either in PvP or in PvM.

Seriously, that's why you have mimic later on. True, at lower levels it might be of questionable use, but hey... Might start of fixing that, instead of asking for acro/bioshield perkline.
    I agree Acrobat would be overpowered, Bioshield could work but it doesn't really fit Agents, CiB on the other hand would give a bit more defence, while granting a panic button.

Docs are docs. Hopefully, they will get deserved nerf with upcoming heal changes. CH would be OP'd (in your hands) if there were no ways to disable it, or at least some means to lower its effect.
    And that Heal nerf will almost certainly effect Agents using CH more than any other profession, which is why Agents need more defence, not only for use in Mimic Doc, but something that can work in Any Mimic, or even when the Agent decides to not use any Mimic at all.

Which is pretty much what's required to be able to perk non evade professions and not be perked by everyone. That's pretty much low end these days when everyone can reach 3k def, all our damage comes pretty much from our AR & Aimed Shot, and Aimed Shot's getting nerfed.
    You will suffer the least from AS nerf. If anything, it's an actual boost for you.

Also bear in mind that AR and Def is on an endgame equipped toon with top towers, that's not the standard which I think should be used to balance Agents around. It's not a standard, it's a top end and should perform in like manner.
    Top or not, it's a high number for profession that is not supposed to be evader, but ok, since even enfs can reach that number today...

This game is seriously borked.

No it would be ridiculously Overpowered.
    Last time I checked, it was on 40 sec timer. Why would that be OP'd? As long as it heals for such a crappy amount, it's nowhere near to "panic button".

At lower levels we have 1 snare perk, which is only of use since the snare mechanics on mobs are, well, broken. Our Snare/Root nanos are completely useless at lower levels and even at higher levels we get one root which may land but a large proportion of mobs are immune to roots. They're not exactly Panic buttons, either in PvP or in PvM.
    They give you opportunity to run away. It's pretty close to panic button, if nothing else.

I agree Acrobat would be overpowered, Bioshield could work but it doesn't really fit Agents, CiB on the other hand would give a bit more defence, while granting a panic button.
    Might as well give crats CH then.

And that Heal nerf will almost certainly effect Agents using CH more than any other profession, which is why Agents need more defence, not only for use in Mimic Doc, but something that can work in Any Mimic, or even when the Agent decides to not use any Mimic at all.
    You will probably switch to trader or enf, for better killing power (more AR) and given the fact that everyone else will have nerfed healing, you will probably feel it the least this way.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Smile

I can only agree MyGift,
    At least the devs have multiple people with sensible, logical arguments to weight against Klod's claims.

I think we have argument very finely and with examples, so we can not do anything else

Thank you Klod for giving us the opportunity to write extensively about the issues with the Agent profession.
    Without you, a lot of us would just have thought it, not written it out for the devs to read it.
    It is good to have someone come up with the myths and fears some have of the Agent profession, so we in a peaceful, logical and evidently based manner can disprove them

Thank you for taking the time to post logical arguments supported by facts Ebondevil, torakx, MyGift, Kinkstaah, Lletah, SultryVoltron and our new professionals srompu.
    You have made a fair and objective summary of the Agent profession, based on experience and facts, rather than just plain fear.
    Thank you for taking the time to disprove the fears some others might have, by showing how agents in reality are played.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

I'm glad you gave me the opportunity to show the world how much agents hate debuffs. Tools that are designed to make their life difficult.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

I'm glad you gave me the opportunity to show the world how much agents hate debuffs. Tools that are designed to make their life difficult.
    Tools that are designed to hurt other professions but due to the lack of Updates that Agents have gotten hurt Agents even more.

klod i wish to meet your agent online sometime.
    I Wish You would do that Too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Playing an agent you will have to know very specificity what you can kill
    Yeah..Ever tried that? Good gawd. As a Sneaky assassin, you should have to Pick your fights, not go in as a Trox Enforcer? now..wow..that is odd. Really odd.

I think Kink have said what Agent needs best (another thread), go "search" for it. All this is just, Abloobloo, acro, Coon, MR, iCH, me want too.

Increase speed in sneak and Agent will be an increadible machine. If it wont be to you, simple: go play WoW or something.

Im actually agreeing with Klod. for that reason, I shall remove myself from this discussion.
    Last edited by Soosis; Dec 12th, 2009 at 03:42:37.

Tools that are designed to hurt other professions but due to the lack of Updates that Agents have gotten hurt Agents even more.
    And what do you think should hurt agents?

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

And what do you think should hurt agents?
    I'm not saying they shouldn't hurt Agents, I'm saying they shouldn't hurt Agents so much more than other professions, and that Agents need more defence so they're not shut down so easily by anyone who feels like it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't hurt Agents, I'm saying they shouldn't hurt Agents so much more than other professions, and that Agents need more defence so they're not shut down so easily by anyone who feels like it.
    Its not a "agent only thing".

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast