Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 4th, 2009 - Who is not at the company party? ME!

Hmm, 4 new slots for everyone so 12 on RK1 and 12 on RK2... Too hard or too expensive? ;D Or you want me to get second acount
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Having drinks with Bacchante at tonight's event was far and away the best part of this week. Though the original 12 days of Christmas missions were made by me they were certainly inspired by her shining example and guidance. Her new team shares an office with AO, so now we have the pleasure of seeing her every day
    I was under the impression that she made it, so much more reason to get a new T-shirt.. That quest was great, thank you Means
    I look forward to doing it again

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

rk2 is pretty ****ed atm in certain (my) time zones.. just FYI means. Was hoping the germans might save us, but no such luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    rk2 is pretty ****ed atm in certain (my) time zones.. just FYI means. Was hoping the germans might save us, but no such luck.
    i work night/day shifts. so ive seen all time zones lately. and i agree. it aint good ;P
    For the funz....

or just offer new chars slots for like 20 EUR, i think many people would buy them if they dont have to delete their toons
    Game Over!

i really wonder at what timezones you play then :s
    I always manage to find people to do the things i feel like doing without any real problems... but during the weekday it can take half an hour instead of the 10 minutes during weekends.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Better yet, just create a new account launcher/setup, similar to previous mentions, where you choose your toon & then your server. Give it 24 slots, auto-filled by all of the player's current toons, no matter what server the toons are from.

That way no one can justifiably complain about not getting a toon moved, having a slot to play every profession, toon being deleted by Funcom during the merge, etc... & Funcom did not add any additional database strain from more toons per existing account. Funcom makes their playerbase happy & puts the responsibility of any deleted toons in the hands of the player.

The only thing that would need resolved would be the "identical names per server" & a resolution for that is already planned.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I have 8 220 on RK3, 1 on RK2 and 1 on RK1, plus some <220.

@Means: Do you really expect me to accept deleting some of my 220 Chars on RK3?
    You can't be serious I put month of work in every single one of those characters.

Please increase the maximum amount of Character Slots from 8 to lets say 12.
    Im sure this is just one small variable somewhere in the coding, easily found and changed, costs you nothing and i absolutely don't see a negative effect.
    RK1
    Wildbret 220/30/70 Soldier Equip || Fechs 220/30/70 Enforcer Equip
    Graphit 220/30/70 Engineer Equip || Lanthan 220/30/70 Keeper Equip
    Valaris 220/30/62 Agent Equip || Arelia 220/30/63 Doctor Equip
    Wildberry 220/30/70 Shade Equip || Netima 220/30/70 Nano-Technician Equip
    Duktil 220/30/70 Bureaucrat Equip || Naitiri 220/30/70 Martial Artist Equip
    Zanid 220/30/70 Fixer Equip || Netifa 220/30/70 Nano-Technician Equip
    Widia 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist || Zernid 220/30/59 Trader
    RK2
    Netima 220/30/70 Adventurer Equip

iam playing on rk3 and would like to know what happens to froob toons.

thank you means for all the fast responses in this thread so far and good day to you

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Hmm, 4 new slots for everyone so 12 on RK1 and 12 on RK2... Too hard or too expensive? ;D Or you want me to get second acount
    We have 3*8 slots atm, if rk3 dies, then we'll have 2*8 slots. 2*12 means, that we would have the same slots as now.
    RK3
    Killerkatze7 - 220/30/70
    Rymar - 220/23/65

RK1
    Killercat7 - 220/30/70
    Eparee - 182/10/38

Quote Originally Posted by valaris View Post
    I have 8 220 on RK3, 1 on RK2 and 1 on RK1, plus some <220.

@Means: Do you really expect me to accept deleting some of my 220 Chars on RK3?
    You can't be serious I put month of work in every single one of those characters.

Please increase the maximum amount of Character Slots from 8 to lets say 12.
    Im sure this is just one small variable somewhere in the coding, easily found and changed, costs you nothing and i absolutely don't see a negative effect.
    But if you cant keep all of xour toons, you will have to delete some, make a new account and rebuild the toons you delted. You could save the items, but you have to pay one more account. What do you think will be the more profitable solution, for FC, a capitalistic company ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rantopha View Post
    But if you cant keep all of xour toons, you will have to delete some, make a new account and rebuild the toons you delted. You could save the items, but you have to pay one more account. What do you think will be the more profitable solution, for FC, a capitalistic company ?
    then they should give us at least the possibility to move characters to a new account
    Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavista View Post
    then they should give us at least the possibility to move characters to a new account
    This.

I'd gladly pay extra for more slots + the ability to log 2 at once.
    Because Race Yalm

<3 for Myers Dark Rum and Coke.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Oh this hardly seems fair it's ok to offer people a transfer to rk1 because rk3 is dying.. but not rk2 because that would break up the community..

the same community you said would end up transferring together anyway in "orgs"

i do believe that if you asked rk3 most would choose rk1, but not all of them.
    and i thought the transfer was about fair play and choice? this does'nt seem fair.. i suppose it still a choice though.. transfer to rk1, or stay on rk3 with half the population you already have.

*rips down welcome banner, and tosses the cookies in the trash*

Quote Originally Posted by Tysken View Post
    hmm? define healthy populations ;P
    i 2nd this, i wanna know what the avg char population is on each server during the course of 24hours.

i know rk3 is seriously under populated, but i believe rk2 is in more need of people then rk1 but they wont even have the choice of coming to rk2.

if whats on rk2 is considered healthy i shutter to think what unhealthy looks like.

someone said rk3 -> rk1.. and then rk2 -> rk1.. they better damn well hurry with this engine they been talking about for 2+years and start promoting this game or that might just happen.

P.S 2005 was a very nice year for holiday lewt.. please provide a mission or some other way of obtaining some of the old lewt.. i know snowball manual was cool.. and the hologram effect thingies was equally cool.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    P.S 2005 was a very nice year for holiday lewt.. please provide a mission or some other way of obtaining some of the old lewt.. i know snowball manual was cool.. and the hologram effect thingies was equally cool.
    The loot is all new, but... let's just say we took liberal inspiration from the 2k5 rewards for the new crop of goodness.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Means, any word on "restoring fixer's to the unique hacker profession they were meant to be"?

just wondering ^^

oh..

And a big "Welcome!" to our new rk3 friends! Hope to see you guys around

WTB inventory and bag size increase!

Im down to only 3 (2 if im getting low on an ammo box) inventory spaces! My inventory she kinnae take much moar o' this!

Maybe FC could arrange an exchange for toons you have to delete? Free game time, paid points, or creds. Like a certain amount of free game time or certain amount of creds per each 220/30/70 or something, which would scale down.

Or maybe a one-time transfer of some nodrop phatz that you've spent a ridiculous amount of time and effort farming.

I don't know if any of these options would be viable. I especially doubt the possibility of the transfer nodrop idea... but, I just wanted to throw out some different ideas to try and help.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast