Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 4th, 2009 - Who is not at the company party? ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    What? Metaing, Genele, Lindelu and Macrosun aren't enough for companionship? Show me another game with that many Dev's hanging out daily in the test environment and I'll something something.

They are all cooler than me and have a much greater combined weight and influence :P
    tell me a game where them plus the game director isnt fun? No there was a Game Director that was on testlive daily Znore he had fun times with us... and would be great to show you how good we are :3
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Ask me again in 2012.

RK1 and RK2 have very healthy populations...I don't see this happening any time soon. As previously mentioned with the release of the new engine coming SoonTM a larger server merge would be very premature.
    but u didnt give an answer to the question, i have 8 characters on rk3 and some on rk1, will there be some additional slots for characters or do i have to delete some?
    Game Over!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsrow View Post
    Well there are people from rk 3 who already started on rk 1 whit this problem no?
    True. The most likely option is that they will have to choose which characters mean the most to them...and the best will survive. Anything else would be unfair and would start a mass of character creation on RK3...something we have already seen in anticipation of this issue btw. You guys are a demographic that knows how to work within systems apparently...you must be AO players.

"A plan so cunning you could brush your teeth with it."
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

True. The most likely option is that they will have to choose which characters mean the most to them...and the best will survive. Anything else would be unfair and would start a mass of character creation on RK3...something we have already seen in anticipation of this issue btw. You guys are a demographic that knows how to work within systems apparently...you must be AO players.

Thanks for the fast response
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    tell me a game where them plus the game director isnt fun? No there was a Game Director that was on testlive daily Znore he had fun times with us... and would be great to show you how good we are :3
    I miss working with Znore...he was great fun. He sometimes drops by and helps us with ancient lost worldbuilding knowledge...in exchange for Cake.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsrow View Post
    Thanks for the fast response
    Dammit...I am setting bad precedent!!!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

I miss working with Znore...he was great fun. He sometimes drops by and helps us with ancient lost worldbuilding knowledge...in exchange for Cake.
    it would be nice to see all the GD's on Testlive for a fun get together but You have made ground breaking acheivments in my honest opinion. so, did you see I PMed you atleast?
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Ask me again in 2012.

RK1 and RK2 have very healthy populations...I don't see this happening any time soon. As previously mentioned with the release of the new engine coming SoonTM a larger server merge would be very premature.
    hmm? define healthy populations ;P
    For the funz....

yep, it's perfectly fair to have to choose from deleting a nt with ns2, or a fixer with ga4, or maybe an adv with x thousand ai kills because u started playing on rk1 years ago and u got 8 tl5+ characters on dnw + 8 on rk1.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Wtb jepp.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    yep, it's perfectly fair to have to choose from deleting a nt with ns2, or a fixer with ga4, or maybe an adv with x thousand ai kills because u started playing on rk1 years ago and u got 8 tl5+ characters on dnw + 8 on rk1.
    If u already have that u have no reason to transfer right? Ur already functioning well

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    If u already have that u have no reason to transfer right? Ur already functioning well
    dnw will be shut down, u might have missed that part ^^
    it's "u got 16 toons, select 8 - rest will be deleted"
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

I think Technogen's quoted take on the server merge deserves some consideration
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Yay for Christmas goodness!!!

I'm sorry you're missing the party though. As we all know, Funcom peeps know how to party like nobody's business. I would hate to miss it too. In fact I'm sorry that I had to miss it and I don't even work there. But alas, I have not as yet convinced Funcom to open a Delaware office* so that I can be their most awesome receptionist. It's a goal for next year though!!

*yes I know that even if they did I wouldn't have been able to attend the party in person, but in all my years of AO and as a GSP Dancer I've gotten quite good at virtual parties.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    Well, since allowing them to have 8 RK1 chars and 8 RK3 transfers on RK1 is far less equitable and not going to happen, chosing which you want to keep ( -if- you decide to copy some over to RK1) is how they're going to do it. I'm sure they love to hear of some alternative, if you have one.

Please DO consider even 2 or 3 new Character Slots on current accounts please Means. I'm almost certain that would be appreciated by a great many players !

Make It So Means !
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

So to just sum up what you said there and to put it bluntly, Means:

We are going to take away your server, cities, towers and the names you have been using for the past X years. We're propably not going to compensate you for anything right now, maybe soon(TM). Good going there, that's the way to make a difficult situation even more unpleasant. Best way to make me feel even more less welcome on the server that you want to deport us to, are we just second class customers?

"What's in a name?" you may ask, well it's part of the character and it defines it for a roleplayer and even the ones who do not RP are surely quite attached to the names they have used for years now, it's the "identity" they have created in this game and now you're really going to ask many of us to change it?
    Come on! Your company was able to handle the name problems so much better in AoC than what you are proposing here.

Quote Originally Posted by mettagirl View Post
    Please DO consider even 2 or 3 new Character Slots on current accounts please Means. I'm almost certain that would be appreciated by a great many players !

Make It So Means !
    this is a very good idea! just add 2-3 character slots to all accounts
    Game Over!

Would it be possible to move Toons, which has no room on rk1, to rk2 ?
    Last edited by killercat7; Dec 4th, 2009 at 22:39:54.
    RK3
    Killerkatze7 - 220/30/70
    Rymar - 220/23/65

RK1
    Killercat7 - 220/30/70
    Eparee - 182/10/38

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Well, since allowing them to have 8 RK1 chars and 8 RK3 transfers on RK1 is far less equitable and not going to happen, chosing which you want to keep ( -if- you decide to copy some over to RK1) is how they're going to do it. I'm sure they love to hear of some alternative, if you have one.
    other games did it like that (extra slots), for e.g. sony never would have dared to delete characters in server merges.

why u think fc never whiped all the old toons in the db that are level 20-30-40-50 and havn't logged in for years? simple answer: it's a golden rule never to delete toons of customers.

i kinda wonder why fc wants to go that way now.

i will stay anyways, but still... it's really a bad move.
    (i am kinda used to it atm tho, because of some not that usual circumstances last month i got billed double for an account i reopened, now FC declares itself unresponsible and i should deal with global collect (!).
    i will just give up on the 17 euros because i am not going to deal with gc and waste hours, but hell u got no idea how pissed i was reading the "support" emails)

when it rains it pours
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast