Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 4th, 2009 - Who is not at the company party? ME!

Would like more updated information on the nano rebalancing and pet rebalancing, any idea when this is likely to be made available to the AO player population at large? Some professions are more perk-reliant, but the pet professions have the majority of their toolset tied up in nanos and thus we wait (not holding our breath, thank goodness, we'd be skeletons now!) past the perks since we need to see if the REAL part of our toolsets are going to be altered and how before we can say yea or nay to any of it.

Enjoy the incipient hangover, Means, and good Friday to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    RK2 still gets lots of true newbies, we've picked up 4 in the past 2 months, including refugees from WoW, SWG, and Second Life. 3 have gone paid already.

Would be good to make it the default server again, though. Or, better yet, when new engine comes out, have a launcher that makes it more clear there are multiple servers, much the way more current MMO's do.
    or atleast make it randomly pick server at start altho that would make it really annoying for already existing players.

just do something to increase our population abit. hopefully when the new engine comes. alot of players will come back. but that might happen when? ;P
    For the funz....

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Zadamm View Post
    I guess it could make sense to change default starting server to RK2 ..keeping in mind
    the potential people from RK3 coming to RK1.

Well only FC knows the real activity figures in each lvl range.
    Rk2 Should have been the default server for new accounts as of last week. If it isn't I'll have to look into that.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Transfer for RK2 > RK1. Can't use the excuse of transfers being too impossible now. Time to consolidate everyone into one server until such time there is a need for more than one, if that happens.
    With the impending engine release and associated publicity push and inrush of possibly 100k or so ppl, it's a safe bet that merging RK1 and RK2 won't be under consideration for a few years yet. -If- they do it right, and get a significant % to go paid, adding another server may be a more likely prospect (which, in itself, would draw ppl in).

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    RK2 still gets lots of true newbies, we've picked up 4 in the past 2 months, including refugees from WoW, SWG, and Second Life. 3 have gone paid already.

Would be good to make it the default server again, though. Or, better yet, when new engine comes out, have a launcher that makes it more clear there are multiple servers, much the way more current MMO's do.
    Im not entirely sure if it really is but when i last reinstalled AO and fired it up it used RK2 as default, so it could possibly already be default as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    3. Transfering players with identical names will be able to choose new names soon after transfer. The exact method for this transfer has not been fully determined yet as we are early in the process. There will be a "name clean-up" before transfers start to free up some names that have been dormant for too long.
    Till what lvl will they be cleaned up? And once cleaned up could RK1 players maybe change their names (he asks hopefully but knowing its probably a no) aswell?

I for instance always wanted to be named Metafly, not Metafly7 as im called atm. However that name has always been taken by a lvl 77 Mp that never lvled again since the 26th of April 2006.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Would like more updated information on the nano rebalancing and pet rebalancing, any idea when this is likely to be made available to the AO player population at large? Some professions are more perk-reliant, but the pet professions have the majority of their toolset tied up in nanos and thus we wait (not holding our breath, thank goodness, we'd be skeletons now!) past the perks since we need to see if the REAL part of our toolsets are going to be altered and how before we can say yea or nay to any of it.

Enjoy the incipient hangover, Means, and good Friday to you and yours.
    Any alterations in your nano toolsets will be improvements over their current state. Pets will be more powerful.

I wish I had been there long enough to truly deserve a good hangover. I'm old and tired now...it doesn't take much anymore :P
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

This Means OLD MAN
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Poor poor Means ;(
    For the funz....

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    <3 to Bacchante
    you can read the her good old blog here (last entry: January 2007).

Thanks for bringing back the memory of the good old designers.
    See you in the Christmas contents Yngvild Lothe

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

and <3 to you too Means for making it happen
    Having drinks with Bacchante at tonight's event was far and away the best part of this week. Though the original 12 days of Christmas missions were made by me they were certainly inspired by her shining example and guidance. Her new team shares an office with AO, so now we have the pleasure of seeing her every day
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

How about an answer to this question. There are 8 char spots on an account for each server, what happens to people who for example have 8 chars on both rk 1 and rk 3? (I ask this question whit my eye on the future since i have toons on both rk 1 and 2)
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooorty View Post
    Rk1 we're comin'!
    Welcome !

Nice but damn, now I can't wait until next week...new screenshots with glowy things!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Means will there be a day that youll be on testlive to talk to us about incoming things and possibly just having a sit and talk?
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsrow View Post
    How about an answer to this question. There are 8 char spots on an account for each server, what happens to people who for example have 8 chars on both rk 1 and rk 3? (I ask this question whit my eye on the future since i have toons on both rk 1 and 2)
    Ask me again in 2012.

RK1 and RK2 have very healthy populations...I don't see this happening any time soon. As previously mentioned with the release of the new engine coming SoonTM a larger server merge would be very premature.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

I'm old and tired now...it doesn't take much anymore :P
    4 beers and I'm out for 2 days
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Ask me again in 2012.

RK1 and RK2 have very healthy populations...I don't see this happening any time soon. As previously mentioned with the release of the new engine coming SoonTM a larger server merge would be very premature.
    Well there are people from rk 3 who already started on rk 1 whit this problem no?
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    Means will there be a day that youll be on testlive to talk to us about incoming things and possibly just having a sit and talk?
    What? Metaing, Genele, Lindelu and Macrosun aren't enough for companionship? Show me another game with that many Dev's hanging out daily in the test environment and I'll something something.

They are all cooler than me and have a much greater combined weight and influence :P
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Ask me again in 2012.

Well you didn't really answer the main part of the question and it does bring up quite a concern, if RK3 people are moving to RK1, what happens if they already have 8 characters on RK1?
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Cool, another week without prof. balance updates

What? Metaing, Genele, Lindelu and Macrosun aren't enough for companionship? Show me another game with that many Dev's hanging out daily in the test environment and I'll something something.

They are all cooler than me and have a much greater combined weight and influence :P
    Metaing hates me and wont talk to me! Much <3 for Gene and Linde though, and I guess macro can have some PANTS.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast