Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 4th, 2009 - Who is not at the company party? ME!

woot! just missed 1st page everyone must be out partying.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

1st page hopefully

;/ so wrong
    Last edited by RedR053; Dec 4th, 2009 at 21:37:23. Reason: /fail

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    since you are moving DNWs pop to RK1, can we of the rapidly depopulating RK2 get a free option to also transfer to RK1 to find a larger community to play with?
    This.

We are obviously going to be the lonely server...RK1 = way better. Have you seen clan side bonus on rk2, no balance whatsoever.
    _thespoon_
    adv19x1x4x
    _hateful_
    nt1651749

We need a sidechange for RK3-Omnis
    RK1
    Corrgard 220 Doc
    Corgard 220 MA
    Corgards 220 MA
    Corgard1 168 Froob-MA

RK3
    nothing more

Alternatively to RK2 -> Rk1 transfer, how about making RK2 the default server again for new accounts. That seems to have helped the RK1 population significantly over the last 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    2nd!

beh!

As for testlive, I still don't see how adding x-mas content broke brawl....
    Because Christmas is a time of happiness and no fighting. Duh
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    how about making RK2 the default server again for new accounts. That seems to have helped the RK1 population significantly over the last 6 months.
    this

Means as much as I hate to self quote myself, I think over all this would be a better long run options for the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I've been thinking about it, and I changed my mind slightly.

What I feel should happen is not RK3 being offered to move to RK1 or RK2, but instead moved to RK0, or RK Prime or what ever you want to call it. This server would be a completely new server, possibly using the OLD server equipment for a short time before moving over into the new server location.

RK Prime would be the primary default server and everyone from RK1 2 and 3 would be able to transfer over to it and reform alliances and such. The server would get new social channels for each language like it currently has for English and Japaneses. The primary goal would be to move everyone from RK1 2 and 3 over to RK Prime within 6 months then shut down the other servers. Because EVERYONE is being transplanted onto a new server there would be no entitlement from a long time population. As such it would not be "Rk1 and 3 moved to RK2" so people would not have the sense of "This is my home and you are a guest".

The are obvious population problems to deal with but they can all be overcome, same as name, city, towers. I do not feel there should be any thing to segregate current players to show what server they came from, how ever I am not sure how to do a merge with the names being a problem and no segregation between people with the same nick name.

(Possible idea to make the transition easier, I'm not feeling 100% for the idea so I stopped typing any more of it, feel free to comment though)

RK Prime would be the new home default server and would have some basic changes. The "Static City" plots would be removed from the game world and in their place would be market buildings. Since AO's code can't handle the markets being in an instance zone. Each current city plot would have 4 markets, making a total of 12 to 16 markets per plot group. These markets would be rented like the current city is at some amount of $ per month. When a player does a market search they would get a device like the Fixer Grid beacon that would let them enter the "Market Grid" and exit at the plot number.

You know I'm kinda worried about server merge, if AO repopulates can the servers handle 10,000 people in 1 zone?
    Last edited by Technogen; Dec 4th, 2009 at 21:49:22.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Rk1 we're comin'!

Clans get ready for loosing Tower fields ^^ ;p
    220/30/70 Atrox Soldier ..::.. Experienced Hunter Shoorty Fearme Movie 1 2 3
    220/30/70 Nanomage Agent ..::.. Neophyte Prince Fedez
    150/20/42 Atrox Enforcer ..::.. Rookie Duel Pheddex Please

- SEMPER FIDELIS -

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    As for testlive, I still don't see how adding x-mas content broke brawl....
    You really think x-mas content was only stuff added/changed?
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by means View Post
    ..this year we will be running the popular 12 days of christmas safaris that were popular in 2005...but with all new christmas items to collect. The team have outdone themselves this year making new creative toys for the season..
    :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This year we will be running the popular 12 days of christmas Safaris that were popular in 2005...but with all new Christmas items to collect. The team have outdone themselves this year making new creative toys for the season.
    <3 to Bacchante
    you can read the her good old blog here (last entry: January 2007).

Thanks for bringing back the memory of the good old designers.
    See you in the Christmas contents Yngvild Lothe

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

and <3 to you too Means for making it happen
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by means View Post
    ..this year we will be running the popular 12 days of christmas safaris that were popular in 2005...but with all new christmas items to collect. The team have outdone themselves this year making new creative toys for the season..
    Awesome!
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Quote Originally Posted by Corgard View Post
    We need a sidechange for RK3-Omnis
    not.

so.. when will we get a transfer for Rk2?... already time to consider it since we dont get any of the already active players it seems.
    For the funz....

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    You really think x-mas content was only stuff added/changed?
    No, I understand what really goes on, but on the face of it, it does seem funny - patch x-mas content in-->using brawl has evil side effects.

what about new character slots after transfer?
    Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by Tysken View Post
    so.. when will we get a transfer for Rk2?... already time to consider it since we dont get any of the already active players it seems.
    RK2 still gets lots of true newbies, we've picked up 4 in the past 2 months, including refugees from WoW, SWG, and Second Life. 3 have gone paid already.

Would be good to make it the default server again, though. Or, better yet, when new engine comes out, have a launcher that makes it more clear there are multiple servers, much the way more current MMO's do.

Transfer for RK2 > RK1. Can't use the excuse of transfers being too impossible now. Time to consolidate everyone into one server until such time there is a need for more than one, if that happens.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast