Thread: Bot agg/def at higher levels?

Bot agg/def at higher levels?

Was wondering if folks use anything other than 100% aggressive on the main bot when fighting at higher levels...

I've always pretty much used 100% aggressive on my slayer for max damage, but I don't use any of the secondary trimmers that have the trade-offs (AC/damage/evades/hp). I do use a QL200 Increase Aggressiveness plus my best snare for the taunt.

Pen missions and Adonis Whirling Rocks put a serious dent in the slayer but his heal delta is enough to come back to full health between fights. Adonis and higher hecklers just kill the slayer and then come after me. :P

Does the main bot still hold aggro at lower agg/def settings? Does going full defense on the main bot help it survive better and yet still tank the mob?

(I ask because I have more time to post on the forums than I do to test in game. :P )

i dont even own the other trimmers, the problem is the ai doggy steals agg off widow often, so i sometimes dont trim doggy, but never def trim it
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by RevCove View Post
    Does the main bot still hold aggro at lower agg/def settings? Does going full defense on the main bot help it survive better and yet still tank the mob?
    Overall, I would say that the tanking effectiveness, regardless of agg/def trimmers, is almost the same. Bot evades, trimmed or not, are nothing special, so it's no surprise they get hit quite often. More reliable defenses are heals/heal perks, mainly the mechanic one. (Gadgeteer HoT is so minimal, and you get more MC/TS love from perking Mechanic anyway) That said, they're small compared to the amount of damage your pet is going to be taking, especially considering the lack of SL reflects. Oh, another idea to suggest!

I wouldn't even consider going with a defense trimmer, simply because you need your pet to tank, engineers are quite squishy.

You should definitely consider getting the Offense/HP trimmers, more AR and HP are good for any pet.
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light