Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: NSD balance

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    I joined in quite late but the reason why soldiers cant kill engis is quite evident, isn't is? 14 specials blocked per minute is why.
    I'd give you the pro-tip on how its done, but then I would be handing johnny-come-lately the trophy. Figger it out yourself. Not my job to teach.

If it's THAT easy, then why is it that noone can present a valid tactic that actually works, or a video of a pvp soldier beating a pvp engi?
    It has been presented. You didn't see it. The tactic is there, and anyone can do it. It's not just a soldier/engi thing.. but anyone versus engi can drop engi blockers with this one handy trick.

Actually I think you whine yourself. The difference is that you're a whining troll.
    If you have nothing factual to add, don't post. I believe that's a rule of these forums.
    God you're thick. Did you even read the logic, or are you just mad I peed in someone else's cheerios (coincidenally, that had nothing to do with you) So, I will take this time to tell you the same thing... since you obvious cant read or take your own advice. Have a decent argument with valid reasons, or dont walk into the line of fire. Besides, nothing you've added thus far, has been anything but smug ignorance.

Mostadio gave you all the information you need to not suck. Use it.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jan 24th, 2010 at 17:28:26.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I'd give you the pro-tip on how its done, but then I would be handing johnny-come-lately the trophy. Figger it out yourself. Not my job to teach.

It has been presented. You didn't see it. The tactic is there, and anyone can do it. It's not just a soldier/engi thing.. but anyone versus engi can drop engi blockers with this one handy trick.

God you're thick. Did you even read the logic, or are you just mad I peed in someone else's cheerios (coincidenally, that had nothing to do with you) So, I will take this time to tell you the same thing... since you obvious cant read or take your own advice. Have a decent argument with valid reasons, or dont walk into the line of fire. Besides, nothing you've added thus far, has been anything but smug ignorance.
    As a soldier, you can whack an engie in the face with a microphone if you want but a soldier without reflect vs an engie with coon, 2 pets and pistols+perks will kill soldier way more quickly than the soldier can kill the engie.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    As a soldier, you can whack an engie in the face with a microphone if you want but a soldier without reflect vs an engie with coon, 2 pets and pistols+perks will kill soldier way more quickly than the soldier can kill the engie.
    Umm yes. If your AMS is down... Find cover. That's what smart people do. You can extrapolate that to any prof with defensive toolsets. When the defensives are used up, you must.... go ... away... or die.

Seems pretty simple to me. But, some people just want it all I spose. Not a hit against you wrangle, but there is a plague of sharknubs who use the LOLAMS strategy and cant understand why it don't work against anyone with brains.

Most of the time, people who usually get their whine on, are those that got their butts handed to them so quickly, they had zero time to react OR were up against someone so good, they had no idea how badly it was gunna end. This is the difference between. I don't go PVP and then whine when I don't get my way. If I die to a green, it could be for any number of reasons. It could be they are having a good day, and me not so much. It could be they found out a new trick i was unprepared for. It could be bad luck on my part. Either way, they had the advantage and then took the chance, whereas I.. was killed. Some people take this as a big festering stain on their ego, and then post stupid whines about an outdated nano from NW. Me? I just keep playing the game, and the next time I run into said engi, I make sure that its me that gets the advantage. If I fail, I keep trying. That's what you do, is get back on the horse. Not blame the game or the devs or some outdated nano for my problems. This is why I don't buy people's stories. Because its based on fail, from moment 1.

Also, I'd like to point out something in modern day battle doctrine: "He who fights alone, DIES alone."
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Umm yes. If your AMS is down... Find cover. That's what smart people do. You can extrapolate that to any prof with defensive toolsets. When the defensives are used up, you must.... go ... away... or die.

Seems pretty simple to me. But, some people just want it all I spose. Not a hit against you wrangle, but there is a plague of sharknubs who use the LOLAMS strategy and cant understand why it don't work against anyone with brains.

Most of the time, people who usually get their whine on, are those that got their butts handed to them so quickly, they had zero time to react OR were up against someone so good, they had no idea how badly it was gunna end. This is the difference between. I don't go PVP and then whine when I don't get my way. If I die to a green, it could be for any number of reasons. It could be they are having a good day, and me not so much. It could be they found out a new trick i was unprepared for. It could be bad luck on my part. Either way, they had the advantage and then took the chance, whereas I.. was killed. Some people take this as a big festering stain on their ego, and then post stupid whines about an outdated nano from NW. Me? I just keep playing the game, and the next time I run into said engi, I make sure that its me that gets the advantage. If I fail, I keep trying. That's what you do, is get back on the horse. Not blame the game or the devs or some outdated nano for my problems. This is why I don't buy people's stories. Because its based on fail, from moment 1.

Also, I'd like to point out something in modern day battle doctrine: "He who fights alone, DIES alone."
    Just to make sure, you know that engie removes reflect from the soldier whether AMS is up or not right? Add in some snare and roots for good measure so the soldier can't get away.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Without reflect"? Hardly.

82% under AMS V, -48% from NSD, +5% from Ofab back.

Total = 39% reflect. Better than RRFE. With what, 20-25k HP behind it?

If AMS is in downtime then do the smart thing that, say, a Keeper or Enforcer would do if they found a Soldier while their defences were down: avoid them. Or suck up that you just got caught with your pants down.

Incidentally, if the Soldier does use the mic trick, then Cocoon is pretty inconsequential, what with those uber Engineer evades and all. Pets are easily kited, how simple it is to get rid of root grafts and the snare has already been covered (single shop bought FM stim). So, mic to the face, start kiting. If the Engi is running the snare then obviously you don't start face rolling perks until after you've cleared it.

The only problem as I see it, is timing the mic to the face. Seeing as it's rendered pretty useless a tactic if the Engi's blockers refresh just as the Assault Rifle goes back on.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    "Without reflect"? Hardly.

82% under AMS V, -48% from NSD, +5% from Ofab back.

Total = 39% reflect. Better than RRFE. With what, 20-25k HP behind it?

If AMS is in downtime then do the smart thing that, say, a Keeper or Enforcer would do if they found a Soldier while their defences were down: avoid them. Or suck up that you just got caught with your pants down.

Incidentally, if the Soldier does use the mic trick, then Cocoon is pretty inconsequential, what with those uber Engineer evades and all. Pets are easily kited, how simple it is to get rid of root grafts and the snare has already been covered (single shop bought FM stim). So, mic to the face, start kiting. If the Engi is running the snare then obviously you don't start face rolling perks until after you've cleared it.

The only problem as I see it, is timing the mic to the face. Seeing as it's rendered pretty useless a tactic if the Engi's blockers refresh just as the Assault Rifle goes back on.
    Have you tried that vs a proper PvP engie, as a soldier? I'm not saying it can't be done but engie do more damage than soldier, that's just a fact. And that is without counting coon. The engie also don't have to deal with hotswaps, kiting or good timing either.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I would honestly like to see the justification for nerfing NSD after spec-blockers are nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I would honestly like to see the justification for nerfing NSD after spec-blockers are nerfed.
    Engie's self blockers are getting nerfed?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Engie's self blockers are getting nerfed?
    No, only team.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Which means you can resist with lower nr, but also fail to resist with higher.
    Thank you for pointing out the fact that soldiers do have a way to resist NSD. Yes its a chance system, but guess what as you said you can resist with lower skill that seems to favor the person doing the resisting not the caster. Yes, you can also not resist it with a higher skill, but that chance is much less likely to happen.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=559857 Thread on how NR and AR work.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

All right, that's about enough. I have removed posts out of here for trolling, fighting, offtopic, not being constructive and various problems 5 times now, and Venachar has done it more. And I just waded through five pages of back-biting and sniping and arguing that I can't even begin to clean up. So, I think everyone has said everything that needs to be said on this topic, and the thread is done.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789