Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NSD balance

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    i think this thread goes to show the problem, several posters who i assume are soldiers dont even know what the tool engies are using to kill them does exactly other then: "it am take reflectorz oh noes halp!!11oneone!"

i hope you understand that you can't even begin to be taken seriously when you don't even know what you are complaining about.

While this is true, you don't help much with the "l2p".

Soldiers are left to kite, kill pets, then engis come "FC unnerf our pets, everyone and his mother is kiting/killing dog". And a new whine is born.

NSD has a reason to exist, but side by side with blockers its just too much IMO.
    Oh and engis use blind aura more often so you cant kite effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by heilt-do View Post
    While this is true, you don't help much with the "l2p".

Soldiers are left to kite, kill pets, then engis come "FC unnerf our pets, everyone and his mother is kiting/killing dog". And a new whine is born.

NSD has a reason to exist, but side by side with blockers its just too much IMO.
    Oh and engis use blind aura more often so you cant kite effectively.
    why do i need to add anything more? the op as well as other people in the thread don't even understand the mechanics of what they are asking to nerf. hence the l2p because infact these people do need to l2p, literally they need to learn how the game works before complaining about the rules.

out of the 3 things that directly nerf reflects nsd is the weakest, infact i think regardless if engies had nsd or not they would still probably kill a sol, the whole reason for this being the reliance on specials to deal damage in pvp. if you were infact a comboy sol with access to fa/as/burst/fling you could consistently rip engies reflects though.

also engie running blind ---> engie not running nsd, not to mention the blind will break on anything at all.

seriously people, the first step is not coming to the forums and crying nerf (i'll agree engies advantage over a sol is big, but hey they are your nemisis prof) the first step is trying to devise a working strategy that is a bit more complex then lolfacerollpwned.

Profession with 20k HP, 82% reflect and 3700 attack rating.

Nano which reduces reflects by 48%. 2500 nano init needed to instacast it. 9 meter range, 100% NR check. Sounds balanced to me.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post

Nano which reduces reflects by 48%. 2500 nano init needed to instacast it. 9 meter range, 100% NR check. Sounds balanced to me.
    Spot on. And it's not like that oh-so-evil snare aura couldn't be removed by one single ql50 FM stim
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

He shoots, he scores!

Also @ whoever mentioned the blind aura, you can't run blind aura and reflect ripper at the same time.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

why do i need to add anything more? the op as well as other people in the thread don't even understand the mechanics of what they are asking to nerf. hence the l2p because infact these people do need to l2p, literally they need to learn how the game works before complaining about the rules.

out of the 3 things that directly nerf reflects nsd is the weakest, infact i think regardless if engies had nsd or not they would still probably kill a sol, the whole reason for this being the reliance on specials to deal damage in pvp. if you were infact a comboy sol with access to fa/as/burst/fling you could consistently rip engies reflects though.

also engie running blind ---> engie not running nsd, not to mention the blind will break on anything at all.

seriously people, the first step is not coming to the forums and crying nerf (i'll agree engies advantage over a sol is big, but hey they are your nemisis prof) the first step is trying to devise a working strategy that is a bit more complex then lolfacerollpwned.
    well i assume u don't have soldier never met engi so i will explain the situation for ya
    -case 1 engi saw soldier fighting , engi came next to the sold casted nsd , attacked him before he land the 1st perk the soldier is alr dead
    -case 2 engi saw soldier this time soldier aware that the engi coming after him , the pets runing with the snare aura after the sold , the snare aura landed , the sold used the habb to run away aw the blind landed , WTF ... itis chemical blindness no the sold through the wall the engi came next to him casted NSD and again before landing 1st perk the soldier is dead .
    -case 3 the soldier have gsf the engi don't this time the soldier don't want to run want to kill the engi him self and kit him to death and yea itis cowboy soldier well the soldier fired the 4 specials at the engi , and ran around him abit , the soldier did again , this time the soldier is sure that blockers down he alr fired 8 specials , he came again with perks r to smash the engi while the soldier trying to alpha kill the engi the snare aura landed , and the engi came next to the sold before the 2nd perk land and buffed nsd and before the 5th perk land the soldier is dead again before the engi land 1st perk so sad .
    what am talking about here not general nerf for NSD away from engi , just asking for protection for <soldier> only , why ? coz itis our only defense , just like doctor having protection from drains , NSD itis the same way also so we don't die for engi in 2sec whenever we meet them w/o doing any series dmg to them or at least push them to cocon yea , i want the soldier to have at least 20% chance to take engi down when engi's stuff is down
    Last edited by randomalpha; Nov 30th, 2009 at 11:55:40.

I went as far as making an engie and seeing how it works. Yep it's pretty ridiculous, but nsd by itself is not awful. The range is short, it takes time to cast, and it disable another mean of defence (blind). You can do 22s of kiting and even then the engie will have to hug you and remember the timing.

What's ridiculous for me is having both refreshing blockers and cocoon running at the same time. It's like having a defence and a defence defence to me. There is a decent fighting chance when only blocker is involved, coon alone... not so much in engie favor, but both on it's just a kitting fun time.

There is still microphone, with AS+FA cooldown, we may painfully reach 7 specials with a fling pistol in the middle. Then pray we did it at the beginning of the timer so we can hit a burst and fa after the cooldown.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Nov 30th, 2009 at 14:49:13.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    There is still microphone, with AS+FA cooldown, we may painfully reach 7 specials with a fling pistol in the middle. Then pray we did it at the beginning of the timer so we can hit a burst and fa after the cooldown.
    Bring a friend. Everything is more fun with a friend.
    Waiting for a cure.

Just to clear up some misconceptions... NSD and the blind aura cannot affect the same target at the same time. They're in the same nanoline and NSD has a higher stacking order. Meaning that if you have NSD running in your NCU, you are immune to the blind aura. If you have the blind aura running in your NCU and someone runs NSD.. it will overwrite the blind.

If you are NSD'd and blind, you have been hit by blind ring, blind perk, or any other type of blind that is not the engineer blind.
    Waiting for a cure.

Just to clear up some misconceptions... NSD and the blind aura cannot affect the same target at the same time. They're in the same nanoline and NSD has a higher stacking order. Meaning that if you have NSD running in your NCU, you are immune to the blind aura. If you have the blind aura running in your NCU and someone runs NSD.. it will overwrite the blind.

If you are NSD'd and blind, you have been hit by blind ring, blind perk, or any other type of blind that is not the engineer blind.

Thanks for explaining, still the point to make was that, engi used snare/blind aura to catch the soldier and then NSD. So the tactic of kiting to avoid NSD is kinda futile after a while.

NSD is meant to be yes, Blockers also an unique type of defense for engi.

Engi = Soldier nemesis. What i am asking here is for some sort of chance to at least put a fight against an engi. Kitting 100% of the time will just piss engis more, and with the upcoming RS nerf i expect excessive kitting is nerfed to oblivion.

Don't take this for a "im soldier i cant die" its more a point of view for "if youre my nemesis i should atleast have 10% chance of killing you".

You never know when engi blockers are refreshing so the "spam 500 specials" is unreliable. And sharing cold down is coming so this tactic wont be so valid in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by heilt-do View Post

Engi = Soldier nemesis. What i am asking here is for some sort of chance to at least put a fight against an engi.
    go coboy setup

consistently break through blockers
    marvel at the fact that other then blockers/coon engies have no defense

seriously the only reason engies are so good, is because people focused on sepcials if people focused on doing normal hits you would mess up a engie fast.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 2nd, 2009 at 19:21:25. Reason: removed obscenity

go coboy setup

consistently break through blockers
    marvel at the fact that other then blockers/coon engies have no defense

seriously the only reason engies are so good, is because people focused on sepcials if people focused on doing normal hits you would mess up a engie fast.
    probably not, really, given the fact that perk/regular hit reliant classes still have severe problems with (good) engineers.

Saying that engineer's offence is bad is incorrect
    Saying that engineer's defence is bad is also incorrect
    They also have massive utility to a team
    I personally prefer advs over engineers, engineers are without a doubt the sleeper OP class in PVP in this game
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 2nd, 2009 at 19:21:59.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    probably not, really, given the fact that perk/regular hit reliant classes still have severe problems with (good) engineers.

Saying that engineer's offence is bad is incorrect
    Saying that engineer's defence is bad is also incorrect
    They also have massive utility to a team
    I personally prefer advs over engineers, engineers are without a doubt the sleeper OP class in PVP in this game
    agree'd but this thread is still pointless

1. NSD doesn't remove AMS. In fact it doesn't even remove entire reflect during AMS downtime anymore.
    2. AMS isn't your only defense either.

Thread closed, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    1. NSD doesn't remove AMS. In fact it doesn't even remove entire reflect during AMS downtime anymore.

Thread closed, thanks.
    3 statements here are pretty funny. Please tell me more.

But yes NSD bring AMS under pre AMS level. Let's say AMS+5% from back, losing 49%, there is 39% remaining. I don't count bracers and such because not many go through this. And such reflects does matter against an engie.

Otherwise, no there is little to no options to raise NR, evades, even run speed to noteworthy levels. Quite short time hot maybe, but a special throw it on the ground. (I'm not saying it shouldn't be that way and all.)
    Last edited by Boltgun; Nov 30th, 2009 at 23:37:01.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    3 statements here are pretty funny. Please tell me more.

But yes NSD bring AMS under pre AMS level. Let's say AMS+5% from back, losing 49%, there is 39% remaining. I don't count bracers and such because not many go through this. And such reflects does matter against an engie.

Otherwise, no there is little to no options to raise NR, evades, even run speed to noteworthy levels. Quite short time hot maybe, but a special throw it on the ground. (I'm not saying it shouldn't be that way and all.)
    40%~ reflects are better then no reflects.

and sols can get 3kish def rating thats not exactly bad

40% reflect is still quite a bit. If you don't think so, stop using PNS.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post

Thread closed, thanks.
    our offense is our main defense mb ? engi got blocker so ignore this one
    or u can tell us what else we have here may be i will survive engi with my HD ?

and 39 relfect at ams V will let me survive 5sec vs engi's alpha ... 11sec , i have 4 specials by the time i will land 1 special if i was lucky enough and it didn't refresh after my 1st wave

someone said soldier can hit 3k deff rate , so if u think soldier in deff setup will do any diff all i have to tell u that hardcore ma can't survive engi pets under limber+doff+cib for 15s

and whoever saying normal hits will screw the engi said before soldier shouldn't stand and kite the engi so i wonder if his ranged toons hit normal hits while runing coz mine don't
    and about kiting while u have to stop for .1 sec to hit specials and when u do mostly his pets will catch u with the snares , then u know the rest .. .

4 seconds against the fearsome engi alpha? Pistol perks and nano combat? Dangerous, that.
    Waiting for a cure.

4 seconds against the fearsome engi alpha? Pistol perks and nano combat? Dangerous, that.
    Lets not forget the poor soldier that stand there ganking your dog while you que up freak strength. That's always a fun one to witness.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast