Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why nerf heals?

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    You've got to be joking, AO pvm is one of the easiest things I've ever done in any game.
    For elitist players like yourself and formerly myself yes, PvM is the easiest thing ever in AO. To casual gamers wiping in Adonis/Ely because teams aren't what they used to be.. Not quite.

For all the burnt out players screaming AO is too easy:
    Roll a new character with no money
    Don't /tell friend OST PLX
    Actually... don't /tell anyone you already know

When you figure out what the game is like for new players, come back and discuss some of the issues that effect player retention. Until then, /care

PvM != end game raids and /follow
    PvM != getting all your org buddies to help you powerlevel into an equip config you have rotting in your bank
    Funcom needs to stop pushing TL7 content as the #1 priority until it gets its population issues figured out, cause after a 6 month break I was shocked logging in game.
    Last edited by Mahdi007; Dec 2nd, 2009 at 03:09:12.

I both agree and disagree with the above poster. I do agree that for a newbie, ao pvm might be hard to start with.
    But is this not true for most of the mmo's out there? If you are a first timer on wow, never played another mmo. You are going to have problems aswell, they might not be as big as the anarchy online problems.
    However once you reach 220 you have a fair knowledge of the game, and this is when pvm gets easy. Easier than any other Mmo ive played. Heals that heals someone full in 1 cast, tanks that have huge huge amounts of hit points and monsters that dont hit hard enough. In ao most of the boss fights is no more than tank & spank, in lox we got some new fights which are great but still not close to other mmos.

this is one of the reasons heals need nerfs.
    Geez take it Eeez son.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    For elitist players like yourself and formerly myself yes, PvM is the easiest thing ever in AO. To casual gamers wiping in Adonis/Ely because teams aren't what they used to be.. Not quite.
    well, if you cant even get gear for your level(not uber twink gear) you are gona wipe.

seriously my first doc was wearing 120 symbs until 210, and i did just fine, well better then fine actually
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 2nd, 2009 at 19:14:45. Reason: removed obscenity

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Nerfing MA heals is gunna suck bigtime. Meanwhile fixer and doc hots wont be touched. Fair?
    You think fixer HoTs deserve a nerf? Seriously, they heal so little fixers are forced to go low HP, they need a boost if that ever is gonna go away.

Secondly, HoTs are not affected by % heal efficiency, so while everybody got better healing from increasing amounts of these on must have uber gear, nothing happened to fixer hots.

Your suggestion is totally unreasonable, both for sorting a bad aspect about game mechanics, as well as nerfing a type of healing that didn't get the same increase lately as regular healing.

Now that you mention it, what about Enforcer healing? I just rolled an enf myself, and geez man.. i-mongo, talk about healing power. Any other HoT is peanuts in comparison, only Bio regrowth compares, and oh thats right.. enf has that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezwhat View Post
    I both agree and disagree with the above poster. I do agree that for a newbie, ao pvm might be hard to start with.
    But is this not true for most of the mmo's out there? If you are a first timer on wow, never played another mmo. You are going to have problems aswell, they might not be as big as the anarchy online problems.

However once you reach 220 you have a fair knowledge of the game, and this is when pvm gets easy. Easier than any other Mmo ive played. Heals that heals someone full in 1 cast, tanks that have huge huge amounts of hit points and monsters that dont hit hard enough. In ao most of the boss fights is no more than tank & spank, in lox we got some new fights which are great but still not close to other mmos.

this is one of the reasons heals need nerfs.
    Those are pretty much my 2 points.

1. AO's population issue directly effects PvM. In WoW you can easily find a balanced group to level with. In AO you may find yourself with 2 crats, a MA, MP, Eng, and NT.. After 3 hours of /lft. PvM is easy for well built teams, but leveling teams that are well built are becoming quite rare.

2. 220 PvM is too easy. Is it so easy that you should apply difficulty increases across all level ranges? Personally, I think this is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    well, if you cant even get gear for your level(not uber twink gear) you are gona wipe.

seriously my first doc was wearing 120 symbs until 210, and i did just fine, well better then fine actually
    A healer is a great class to be when starting out.. As almost all low-mid level teams need one. Plenty of teams have a VERY difficult time outhealing hecks (all level ranges). Nerfing heals could make this near impossible without a team of twinks or a TL7 pocket.
    Last edited by Mahdi007; Dec 3rd, 2009 at 02:51:52.

I like the way heals work in AO

Together with Doctor you get the feeling of being really powerfull, still there is plenty of challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    Funcom needs to stop pushing TL7 content as the #1 priority until it gets its population issues figured out, cause after a 6 month break I was shocked logging in game.
    Yeah, the start of the game is HORRIBLE.

They should rewrite the entire island and have the first 20 levels more structured, pampering the player.

This way the game progressively gets harder and more advanced.

LE-gear could be made more available (since it was ment for more casual gamers) and only tl7 armor should need the types for upgrading, weapons could be changed so you only upgrade the main weapon(s) as you progress in level. This would make it easier to level, gear and play for new players, while the advanced players still have the option to "walk extra miles" for more edge and the more special items.
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 3rd, 2009 at 08:02:46.

For leveling they should make the classes in their "main" field a little more normalized compared to their other types. Take calms, Nt's, Crats and kinda traders (wtb SL calm for traders at lower levels!) can all calm decently, so that is covered.

We need tanks(played by the average player, nontwinked), for that there is only enfos really. Soldiers can do ok on single targets(give them an aoe taunt?). Add some aoe taunts to Keepers?

Healers? well theres docs, I would probably remove the self harm on traders team heal and also make it refresh faster, allow MP's to summon a team healpet instead of dps pet?

Most classes can DPS if not doing the above role.

Just some quick basic suggestions that would help new players make teams and survive a little more, enjoy the game more without needing hundreds of millions twink their char or look for a perfect team of enfo+doc+calms+other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12