Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why nerf heals?

Question Why nerf heals?

Seriously, do all heals in the game regardless of prof.(Advs, Agents, Doctors, Fixers, MAs, Traders) need a nerf, or is it only Doctor heals the ones that need a nerf?

I don't see the point on nerfing *ALL* heals in the game just because Doctors have OP heals. So, are you going to nerf Doctor's Heals, or everybody's heals?

Just a bit of clarity here, please.

everyone has op heals, well op defense in general(some way more so than others) profs have way too much sustainability and need a nerf, both in pvm and pvp

It's a need for a bigger picture. If AS/FA/SA combo drops, then people that used to be able to beat healers because of swapping will simply not be able to perform as efficiently as they used to against them. That's only for PvP indeed, I think that after countless whining people qualifying PvM as being too easy, FC decided to make it a bit harder too.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    It's a need for a bigger picture. If AS/FA/SA combo drops, then people that used to be able to beat healers because of swapping will simply not be able to perform as efficiently as they used to against them. That's only for PvP indeed, I think that after countless whining people qualifying PvM as being too easy, FC decided to make it a bit harder too.
    Lets hope they don't make PvM too hard. Wonder what would happen to a game where the grind is already more than most others of the same genre, the population is at an all time low, you can't effectively solo-level, and PvM suddenly becomes hard.. Good things I'm sure, call me paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    Lets hope they don't make PvM too hard. Wonder what would happen to a game where the grind is already more than most others of the same genre, the population is at an all time low, you can't effectively solo-level, and PvM suddenly becomes hard.. Good things I'm sure, call me paranoid.
    If they make it so more than one doc in a team is required even for the hardest things, then it's going to be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    If they make it so more than one doc in a team is required even for the hardest things, then it's going to be a problem.
    TBH, if they make PvM even a little bit harder, while they may appease some 220 PvM twinks, they may cut out many casual gamers testing the waters of AO.

If they just nerf nanopool, then it's a grand opportunity for traders, MPs, and NTs to be considered for teams (for once).
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Nerfing MA heals is gunna suck bigtime. Meanwhile fixer and doc hots wont be touched. Fair?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The point in nerfing heals is that they want to move away from alpha pvp. If only doc heals are nerfed, there would still be plenty healing to other profs available that would be very hard to kill.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    TBH, if they make PvM even a little bit harder, while they may appease some 220 PvM twinks, they may cut out many casual gamers testing the waters of AO.
    You've got to be joking, AO pvm is one of the easiest things I've ever done in any game.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Removing alpha pvp is a bit lame imo, I like that there are some profs that I just need to wear down, while others I need to use proper timing and such to kill.

It's not that alpha PvP will be removed. It's that the balance between Alpha and normal hits will be adjusted so that normal hits have more importance to PvP.

If you're going to do that, then you need to do something about heals and heal delta because normal hits are more spread out over time and so their damage can be healed better because you have time to cast your heals and heal delta works against them.

So what you do is reduce alpha damage and reduce the amount of healing available. That means that you still have alpha attacks but that normal hits can have a stronger role.

X

compared to the 0 docs required for most things now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    Seriously, do all heals in the game regardless of prof.(Advs, Agents, Doctors, Fixers, MAs, Traders) need a nerf, or is it only Doctor heals the ones that need a nerf?

I don't see the point on nerfing *ALL* heals in the game just because Doctors have OP heals. So, are you going to nerf Doctor's Heals, or everybody's heals?

Just a bit of clarity here, please.
    personally i wouldnt agree at all with this statement, even if doc heals are OPed, then they are OPed mainly when used on profs other then the doc himself ( and punishing the doctor for that fact aint fair, unless the punishment would be making most of his heals self only;p )

the main problem is the immortal enfo/sol/adve when he is healed up by a doc, not the doc that will go splat as soon as few ppl target him, but those that will survive even when called ( combined own defence+all ob's/aura's+doc heals )
    adventures with their coon/acrobat/heals are a problem aswell

doc alone is the least of the problem with "op'ed" heals, but aswell the prof that will become fked up most by their nerf

while id h8 for my sols survival to become halved, and id hate my mps heal pet to do just half the current healing in pvp, i gotta say: if its just doc heals that is going to be nerfed, im instantly becomming an ex ao player, nerf all of em or none, anything inbetween will be just complete BS and a smack in the face of any doctor

yet again, adve heals are more op'ed then doc 1s, taking into cosideration both profs defences ofc: coon/shield/acrobat/heals vs heals only
    Last edited by Insane666; Nov 29th, 2009 at 16:31:28.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    lol yeah crats make stuff way too easy. They can replace docs in quite a few situations, they need a nice whack with the pvm nerfbat I think , they gots best crowd control, very good dd, makes mobs gimp as hell (imo making mobs that gimpy should be a trader's job).

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    Did I say things that things requiring 0 docs should still require 0 docs? Also, what's wrong with things that require no doctors? It allows a variety of profs to fulfill the role of keeping the team alive and thus allows more people to get teams.

I said that if they balance it so more than on doc is required to say, do Pande, 12 man or an APF, then they've failed because the population is too low to support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

I said that if they balance it so more than on doc is required to say, do Pande, 12 man or an APF, then they've failed because the population is too low to support it.
    This is a bit of a concern. Its hard enough to find people who genuinely have a doctor as a main character, let alone two random doctors off lft for doing content you want to do. Personally im getting a lot more invitations to do various activities as well as pleas for help ingame by people who i might have just crossed paths with in the past, teamed with previously, to do content that they want to do. Im expecting that to increase in the near future.

A lack of doctors would mean people roll them as an alt, level them up, and dont really care about the character itself because of the fact its "just an alt used because im taking one for the team for my org raid activity" rather than a character they genuinely care about, meaning they do their duties grudgingly and dont have fun. Taking one for the team is noble, but if your heart isnt in it then you wont enjoy the game. I see this trend happening ingame a lot nowadays due to a dwindling playerbase and i dont like the look of it.

So, summing up, healnerf will infuriate people who roll a doc just to take one for the team, and those who have one as an alt that dont enjoy playing a doc. The people who enjoy playing a doc and have one as a main character will end up being in a higher demand and potentially overworked, and when people start to not have fun both ends of the spectrum you've got a problem, a financially costly problem.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

I'm thinking the heal nerf is going to be in the form of the healer not being able to heal nonstop for 45 minutes or anywhere near it. Which could mean, support professions like mp's and traders who can fill nano might be in some demand actually. In other words, 1 doc with ICH and a solid tank could still do pande f/e, but only with support from others.

In pvp, Doctors will be able to have their "alpha protection" uber heals but not for practically indefinitely and will be able to be worn down.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Nov 30th, 2009 at 02:31:40.

Did I say things that things requiring 0 docs should still require 0 docs? Also, what's wrong with things that require no doctors? It allows a variety of profs to fulfill the role of keeping the team alive and thus allows more people to get teams.

raid level content(think pande when it was released) should require docs, as well as every other prof.

with pvms current state well theres not much you can do everything is far too easy.

Right now it looks like FC is pushing for a mindless dps race in pvp. Where previously different profs had different flavours of offense ranging from high spike low overall to low spike high overall, each combination having a different vulnerability to a different type of defense etc. now it all got sorta shoved into the same gooey hole of pushing ur perks and hoping for the best... having said that i dont think any amount of heal nerfing is gonna do without completely breaking pvm so they are most likely gonna go and look deeper into ways to limit healing such as running out of nano as mentioned etc.

ofc personally im still hoping fc somehow manages to deliver balanced and interesting pvp but having witnessed their actions over the last year or so i really dont have much faith left and i think they r gonna wreck it completely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast