Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 27th, 2009 - Uphill in 6 feet of snow

Funcom employee Friday with Means - November 27th, 2009 - Uphill in 6 feet of snow

There are good weeks and bad weeks. This one was a bad one...it didn't feel like I had the chance to get much "done" as I would like...or even close. Many small fires to put out leaving very little time to really focus on the issues we have been trying to work through for far too long. It is a good thing that I am not the only one on this team.

The rest of the team has been hard at work on the Daily Missions, working through the profession nanos (there are a LOT of them), Breed Change and associated difficulties, this year's Christmas goodies and of course...the new engine. It sounds like a lot...I guess because it is. We are hoping to bring the new Christmas content to the Test Dimension on Tuesday to get it to Live as soon as possible...after which the Daily Mission system will quickly be deployed to TestLive to be tested until we are all happy that it will launch as smoothly as the new mail system has.

Today's brief downtime for Atlantean (RK1):

There has been a persistant (though rare) server crash issue related to database connectivity. A possible fix to the issue has been deployed to RK1 only that we will be watching closely over the next week. Excellent reason for a quick downtime...if it performs as hoped it will be deployed to all dimensions and bring us very close to the 100% solid server performance we have all been wanting. We are very close now it will be great to finally exorcise the very last of the AO server demons

The Professionals Program:

Kintaii would like me to remind you that voting will begin Monday next week for the Professionals to represent each profession in the community. The nominations are closed...again voting begins next week.

The German Server:

It is safe to say that the time I asked for to implement programs to help boost the population on the German server has finished. While I still have hopes for the sponsor system that will be coming to the live servers soon, it is unfair to ask for more time at this point as the German community has been more than patient and unfortunately seen very little action on this issue. Discussion began this week on the practical/technical issues of offering server transfer to players on the German dimension. As the process becomes clear information will be made available to the German community as soon as possible. Population has been a concern on the German dimension for years now and is far from being a recent discussion...as much as I wanted to maintain a German only population the game experience for our German customers should not be held hostage while we wait for new programs to be implemented in hopes of future success. I appreciate the patience and cooperation shown by the German community in the last few months and look forward to a smooth transition for those players to a more populated server where you will no doubt be welcomed with open arms.

Have a great weekend everyone, we will see you next week.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

1st?

Zackkeep 220/27
    Emergencydoc 220/26
    Emercharms 220/20
    Emerfix 160/5
    Emermongo 150/18
    Emers 150/7
    Emersbuilder 112/2
    Emernukes 110/2
    Heroenf 76/8
    Emermage 59/6

Proud General of Elite Operations

am i first hehe

nooooooooooooo

1st page, 3rd - OMGZ!!!!!

I will certainly be happy to have RK3 come over. We need all the population we can get.
    Last edited by majere; Nov 27th, 2009 at 18:04:08.

1st

poop 5th.

Bet my week was worse!
    Last edited by Fishpaste; Nov 27th, 2009 at 18:03:02.
    Fishpaste - 220 Fixer (RK2)

Sixth wow.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

first page ^^
    we all have our bad weeks once in a while
    also shame to cancel a server but I guess it will boost population on the others a little too
    Quote Originally Posted by UaintSeenMe
    Besides, could be worse, i could be using grenade.

few questions i hope you can answer or give a good guess on.

1. more char slots. is this gonna happen and when
    2. you spoke of new end game pets beind designed a few months back, how are those comming.
    3. you mention that your gonna be moving ppl from rk 3 to the other servers, will it be possible to move between rk 1 and 2 in the future?
    4. any update on expected launch on the engine?
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

char transfer from rk3? :/

and no new pdfs?

well atleast the daily mission system will come soon
    Last edited by Nanostratege; Nov 27th, 2009 at 18:14:45.
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

Even laster!

Very much looking forward to the Daily missions! It may have been stated somewhere before, and I apologise if it has and i've missed it, but i'd like to know if it will give a really viable option to level a character all the way to 220? Any indication how long it would take to get there from say level 20 doing 1 mission a day? Or is it just meant as a small supplement to the existing options?

Good news for the RK3 players! If any of you will be looking for an awesome Clan Org on RK1 then take a look at the link in my sig
    Last edited by -Plexor-; Nov 27th, 2009 at 18:21:32.
    Plexor 220/23 Adventurer
    The Red Brotherhood

Account Created
    2001-06-29 19:30:30

Funcom employee

Pantsed!

Thanks for the update...

and dasm good news for our RK3 relatives... :-)
    Last edited by Mekh; Nov 27th, 2009 at 18:24:43.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Nice change on the German Server at last

Also, as previously asked, How about some new character slots Means !?! Still strikes me as odd we can't have one of each prof on an account

Make it so Means !
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The rest of the team has been hard at work on working through the profession nanos (there are a LOT of them)
    That is one of the selling points of AO for me: the nanoes.
    From changing into a slayerdroid, for Martial Artist skill, over sparkling shields, HP size-increasers, spawning (temporary) weapons, armors etc. to buffs of speed and almost any other skill.

All varied over 200 QLs, and made very imaginative.
    some are slow, some fast, others cost a lot of nano, while some just never lands (especially in SL).
    and the buffs lasting for literally hours.

one of my preferred aspects of AO; the nanoes.

I look forward to what you are suggesting there.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

PS. My agent has 907 nanoes.. I know there are many nanos out there!
    all the stat-buffing nanoes, that can be given to others, along with the top QL combat nanoes, of the various professions.

PPS. Please have a look at the "Weird looking"-nanoes some of them can be uploaded by an Agent, but can not use them.

The crystal says "virtual profession", the nano-formula says "profession".
    and yes, I have tested it out.

on that note: why not make an ingame indicator on if a nano can be used by an Agent or not?
    Currently you need to use 3rd party tools to see that on a webpage..
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by -Plexor- View Post
    Good news for the RK3 players! If any of you will be looking for an awesome Clan Org on RK1 then take a look at the link in my sig
    we have already an clan org on rk1 named Project Transfer
    thanks means for this good information
    RK1
    Cistie 220/30/70 Solitus Trader
    Blackangel85 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Leonearn 220/30/70 Solitus Shade
    Listalis 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Luzifer85 220/30/70 Solitus Adventurer
    Teufel85 220/30/64 Atrox Enforcer
    Spawn85 220/30/58 Solitus Nano-Technican
    Charisse 220/27/59 Solitus Doctor
    Ersa 220/25/58 Solitus Martial Artist
    Daemon85 219/27/57 Nanomage Meta-Physicist
    Lecine 220/30/60 Solitus Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The German Server:

Discussion began this week on the practical/technical issues of offering server transfer to players on the German dimension. As the process becomes clear information will be made available to the German community as soon as possible. Population has been a concern on the German dimension for years now and is far from being a recent discussion...as much as I wanted to maintain a German only population the game experience for our German customers should not be held hostage while we wait for new programs to be implemented in hopes of future success. I appreciate the patience and cooperation shown by the German community in the last few months and look forward to a smooth transition for those players to a more populated server where you will no doubt be welcomed with open arms.
    dose this mean the german server is going too be shutdown? if so when so i could cancel my account early enough. it's a pity that you listen too all the whiners that nobody likes on DNW.
    127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

*** Defence of Liberty ***
    welcome to the neutrals

Und dann gibts da natürlich noch die gute Dragon Security Agency auf der Ommelseite

Nice to finally see some action on the rk3 matter. Even though I don't really like the direction of it. I guess it is better than having the server die out.

Wouldn't be too worried about having no "big" things to show. It's the small joints that keep the big wheels turning.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Pantsed!
    Aww
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by stormranger View Post
    dose this mean the german server is going too be shutdown? if so when so i could cancel my account early enough. it's a pity that you listen too all the whiners that nobody likes on DNW.
    Wasn't there a survey, and most DNW players wanted transfer?

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast