Thread: Atrox primary genome

Atrox primary genome

Why should endgame enfs have all the fun?

I vote add mongo fury on perk #1, and mongo rage on perk # 5.

mongo fury could add dmg and crit, because just dmg is retarded. To help balance, it could even add a self stun for 2 seconds.

Perk 5: Perk action Mongo rage (mongo fury must be running) add AAO 100
    Perk 6: add AAO 200
    Perk 7: add AAO 300
    Perk 8: add AAO 400
    Perk 9: add AAO 600
    Perk 10: add AAO 1500 10s

This at least evens out the balance in the line.

This will clearly give troxes a benefit for a short period of time throughout leveling ranges where there is nothing that "defines" troxiness except cabbage ew.

No.

Don't ruin the already imbalanced lower TL pvp system by bringing retarded tools down from endgame.

P.S. You really need to take a week and not create a single thread, only respond to a few. Your ideas as of late aren't well thought out, and it's alot of "nerf this, nerf that and I didn't take time to create a viable solution to compensate with my proposal so you figure out what to do instead." In fact, alot of it also looks like feigned requests for boosts to your specific prof/breed combo under the guise of "balancing". For example, I imagine your TL5 Atrox Keeper lacks AR to kill evaders. Thus, you have created a thread on nerfing Acrobat, and now even worse, to open up MR to lower levels. Your constant complaints about TL5 Keepers for the first two weeks of this forum section have painted every single one of your threads the same color from alot of people's perspectives. That color is "make my toon work better by giving me some OP toy, or by nerfing everyone else".
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Just my opinion, but would rather see it stay at perk 10, and not opened up any earlier than lv 207, where it is currently. TL 5 BS is ok as it is now, minus my gripes with how long root / snares last and thier spamability on a melee toon, and ofc the duration on drains.

I also wouldn't mind seeing MR changed from 1500 AAO self buff, to -1000k AAD debuff on target, this way others can take advantage of the debuffed target. Also others might gripe less about Troxes and thier magic perk. Would be more of a tactical use in team based pvp, and less of a "ME PWNS" button.
    Last edited by Rubika-1; Nov 27th, 2009 at 09:25:21.

Engi says, lol yeah -1.5k aao debuff aoe 30m for 20 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post
    Would be more of a tactical use in team based pvp, and less of a "ME PWNS" button.

Pressing MR is in no way a guarantee that you will kill, it's quite easy to fail a MR alpha.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Mongo Rage helps adjust for the unbalanced level of survival (or perhaps closer to balanced) that exist at tl7. Tl1-5 do not have massive levels of survival due to evades/aad so the introduction of high level AAO buffing would be balancing a non-existing issue.

Other issues are that it would overpower agents toolset at the least, and any profession with high perk or special damage. Allowing any trox a chance to perk any evade setup, while making every evade setup vulnerable to perks is not a fair situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Mongo Rage helps adjust for the unbalanced level of survival (or perhaps closer to balanced) that exist at tl7. Tl1-5 do not have massive levels of survival due to evades/aad so the introduction of high level AAO buffing would be balancing a non-existing issue.

Other issues are that it would overpower agents toolset at the least, and any profession with high perk or special damage. Allowing any trox a chance to perk any evade setup, while making every evade setup vulnerable to perks is not a fair situation.
    pray tell, what the unbalanced levels of survival are at TL7? I'm sorry, but ALL of the evade perks that are available at TL7 are the EXACT same ones available at TL5, EXCEPT their relative power is substantially more.

Consider: an average prof at TL5 has 1500 AR in a half twinked setup. DOF adds 800 evades. consider that an average prof has 1500 evades prior to launching DOF.

Here is the breakdown: AR/(AR+evades) = 1500/(1500+1500+800)= 0.39

So, for a 1:1 it would be 0.5, so, subtract 0.39 from 0.5 to find the approximate benefit. 0.5-0.39=0.11

Now, at 220, where average defence is 3000 and average AR is 3000, lets do the same calculation:

AR/(AR+Evades) = 3000/(3000+3000+800)=0.44
    0.5-0.44=0.06

Now, 0.11/0.06= nearly 2

IN other words, Evades buffs that are the same at TL5 and TL7 are NEARLY DOUBLY EFFECTIVE AT TL5.

Thats why a universally AAO buff or an evades nerf is in order.

I thought this stuff was common knowledge, but apparently not. It isn't such a big deal for profs like advy (SA), enf (SA), agent (AS), soldier (AS swap), doc (AS), etc, because they have a 100% hit, @ sultry, ofc you will only find a keeper prof asking for this type of change... we're the ONLY prof that will notice it!

Just because the rest of the game is broken (read, AS online) doesn't mean the mechanics don't need balancing.

Fuuuuuu off topic, anyway, the point of this thread is to BALANCE Atrox primary, not give benefit ONLY at the far far far end of the spectrum.
    If you look at where the power in atrox primary lies about 99.99% of the real power lies only in the last perk. How many people would perk atrox primary for perk 1,2? none. Exactly my point.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Nov 29th, 2009 at 01:21:25.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    pray tell, what the unbalanced levels of survival are at TL7? I'm sorry, but ALL of the evade perks that are available at TL7 are the EXACT same ones available at TL5, EXCEPT their relative power is substantially more.

Consider: an average prof at TL5 has 1500 AR in a half twinked setup. DOF adds 800 evades. consider that an average prof has 1500 evades prior to launching DOF.

So, for a 1:1 it would be 0.5, so, subtract 0.39 from 0.5 to find the approximate benefit. 0.5-0.39=0.11

Now, at 220, where average defence is 3000 and average AR is 3000, lets do the same calculation:

0.5-0.44=0.06

Now, 0.11/0.06= nearly 2

IN other words, Evades buffs that are the same at TL5 and TL7 are NEARLY DOUBLY EFFECTIVE AT TL5.

I thought this stuff was common knowledge, but apparently not. It isn't such a big deal for profs like advy (SA), enf (SA), agent (AS), soldier (AS swap), doc (AS), etc, because they have a 100% hit, @ sultry, ofc you will only find a keeper prof asking for this type of change... we're the ONLY prof that will notice it!

Just because the rest of the game is broken (read, AS online) doesn't mean the mechanics don't need balancing.

Fuuuuuu off topic, anyway, the point of this thread is to BALANCE Atrox primary, not give benefit ONLY at the far far far end of the spectrum.
    If you look at where the power in atrox primary lies about 99.99% of the real power lies only in the last perk. How many people would perk atrox primary for perk 1,2? none. Exactly my point.
    Your brain works in mysterious ways... Kind of like rain man, without the Hollywood twist.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

0.5-0.44=0.06

Now, 0.11/0.06= nearly 2

AS (soon to be nerfed), SA (40 seconds) so... what's the problem?

It's really just a bad idea to open up these tools that shouldn't even exist in game at all for lower levels.

Please, ask for a real suggestion to fix your profession. DO NOT try to balance your profession through breed perks. These are to be considered as something extra, not made to be game breaking.

Perhaps those professions who suffer the lack of killing power based on perks at TL5 could ask for the stat increases to be readjusted to be right skewed. This would give more increase earlier, and less increase later. For example:

Reaver should be broken down as follows:

+10, +20, +20, +30, +25, +20, +20, +20, +20, +15

This would mean that at TL5 Reaver would give +125 2HE as opposed to +71 2HE, but at the same time there is no effect on TL7.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!