Thread: Directorship and Commanding Presence

Directorship and Commanding Presence

Funcom has decided to merge Insurance Agent with Directorship. Take this one step further—merge the new Directorship line with Commanding Presence. 10 perk points is a ridiculous investment for a perk line which is principally an XP aura.

Leveling crats are weaker than many professions, partially because they are forced to give up perk lines which benefit themselves (CiB/BS) for Directorship. Many professions can fill the support role crats provide while adding a unique toolset of their own. The main reason in bringing a crat along when grinding is their XP aura; so to not perk Directorship leaves you teamless and perking it leaves you gimpy. No other profession has to make this sacrifice, I don’t know why crats are forced to.

220 crats will have, in all likelihood, perked out of Directorship, because it is largely useless. In many cases (ex. when grinding AXP) an exceptional 220 crat would be the second choice to a mediocre crat who has Directorship perked, because, despite the exceptional crat being able to do more DPS and having a more solid grasp of the toolset, the team gets more AXP/minute with the XP beacon. It doesn’t seem fair that a mediocre player should be preferred over a good one.
    _

The merged Commanding Presence would add: 100 add, 260 aao, 12 XP (10 + 2), 500 XP regen, and 54 SI/BM/PM. It would also have the perk actions: Leadership, Governance, The Director, Insurance Agent, and Demand Justice.

Change Leadership, Governance, and The Director to have some sort of use beyond providing a temporary XP increase. Something small like adding 50, 75, and 100 damage respectively for the duration of the perk.

Demand Justice should also be altered. A perk action that does a 750-1.8k pvp nuke and has a 100% dodge ranged check is pretty weak. It doesn’t fit the idea of a ‘Commanding Presence’ either. The perk should be changed to a short term buff that helps the entire team. It seems to me a defensive buff would be preferable; it could be a hot, reflect, absorb, attack blocker, or any number of things. Or it could be a short term offensive aura that adds something like 200 damage, 10 crit increase, and 20% increase nano damage. Perhaps even an AoE stun.

If Directorship and Commanding Presence won’t be merged, at least make the investment in Directorship smaller. 4 perk points would be more reasonable. And add more perk actions to Commanding Presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcrat View Post
    10 perk points is a ridiculous investment for a perk line which is principally an XP aura.
    ORLY? i bet nearly everybody whos lvling would train it if it were a general line because the xp/hour efficency bonus from this line alone outweighs what you would otherwise contribute as in 1/6th of a teams dps. If anything it should be toned down

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    ORLY? i bet nearly everybody whos lvling would train it if it were a general line because the xp/hour efficency bonus from this line alone outweighs what you would otherwise contribute as in 1/6th of a teams dps. If anything it should be toned down
    There's Training Seminar and Explorer perk lines which grant 12% overall XP boost with 8 perk points invested. Yet people expect crats do the dirty job

Think of it as if everyone would be "forced" to perk these in order to get teams.
    Last edited by mes; Nov 27th, 2009 at 14:01:36.
    220 Crat, 216 MP, 174 Trader, 165 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by mes View Post
    Think of it as if everyone would be "forced" to perk these in order to get teams.
    Stop complaining, it's a small sacrifice to be nr. 1 on everyone teams list. I have a blast levelling my crat, because it's so easy to get a team.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    Stop complaining, it's a small sacrifice to be nr. 1 on everyone teams list. I have a blast levelling my crat, because it's so easy to get a team.
    I was not exactly complaining, just pointing out that the game mechanics do not exactly favor crats in terms of perks, those 10 points could be utilized in more useful manner than just XP. It's a huge advantage over all other professions but as said it nerfs crats' other abilities as you'll be most likely investing those precious perk points to Directorship while leveling.

There's the thin line which separates simple XP totems from good crats, such modification to the perk lines could steer people away from the direction of playing crat just because of the experience modifiers. It's fun to make people go 'omg' over regains and XP boosts but there's a lot more into the profession, however some of these abilities are left underutilized due to bad perk template.

There's Training Seminar and Explorer perk lines which grant 12% overall XP boost with 8 perk points invested. Yet people expect crats do the dirty job

yeh and i train these 2 perklines every time im lvling as do many others i imagine, not because anybody is forced to do it but because its the most efficent thing to do

...those 10 points could be utilized in more useful manner than just XP.
    When leveling everything is ultimately about how much xp/hour you can squeeze out, and in that respect nothing what-so-ever beats the Directorship/Insurance Agent perk line. It's the best perk line you could ever sink 10 perks into when you're leveling.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Yeah, and everyone that does perk these to level up wishes they had Directorship. So no, 10 perk points to get it isn't unreasonable.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Then again, does anyone really do that?

I wish all my characters could have directorship

Question

Then again, does anyone really do that?
    Don't see how that is relevant. I mean, if it's so bad, just don't perk it. You're argument is a bit weak because crats perk Directorship the way it is now without insurance. It's only going to get better, and your claiming it's going to suck. I guess 100% of leveling crats would disagree with the OP.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 29th, 2009 at 04:36:01.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Even easier to swap between XP build and DD build with new instant full perk resets

Crat has never been better for perks!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!