Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opifex genom perks review

Opifex genom perks review

Solitus will get better heal ability, Nanomage will get good nanodmg bust, Atrox will get MR without debuffs. What will get opifex:

1) Nerf of Blinded by Delights perk and dmg perk from Opifex Primary Genome. We will lose some AR on this perks after rebalansing (ATM double offence check works) and duration time on blinded by delights.

2) Small Deffence debuff.

3) Small deff buff.

4) Pure attack absorber, that will not improve our vitality.

There is one way to do Opifex Secondary Genome useful. It's to add 50% reflect to Adapt perk.

With this changes Opi sold will be a common chose and it will not be a bad misstake like ATM. Other professions will feel protection from this perk with rrfe only, but it's much better than nothing.

Ps: After rebalansing opifex will be the last brid in pvp recomendations, becouse possability to put on QL 300 symbiants isnt advantage anymore.
    Last edited by Alceona; Nov 25th, 2009 at 18:04:03.
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

I agree that opifex genom doesn't have much to offer
    220/30/70 Fixer RK 2

Quote Originally Posted by Digitization View Post
    I agree that opifex genom doesn't have much to offer
    Ditto. It need some love. Not sure about 50% reflect tho.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

50% reflects would be rather too strong ¬_¬, a simple upping of the blockers to say, 3 per refresh would make the blockers work to a reasonable standard, even if its duration was halfed :P

Other then that the lines fairly ok, only other major meh point is init buff, but really not sure what would be a good replacement, though hopefully FC have something in mind to make inits worth while

Adapt really isn't that great of a perk atm. That being said, I wouldn't loose hope over it. Thats what this forum is for, to discuss, and suggest changes to the current balancing act going on. Maybe adjusted to x5 special/normal blocker with a duration of 24s. By saying that, I don't mean 5 normal + 5 special, but rather all together 5 blocks whether they be special or normal attacks within that 24s duration.

It seems with the exception of Solitus / Atrox, they wanted to do each defensive beta genome a bit diffrently from the others. So this would be in keeping with the theme, but made a bit more dependable / reliable of a defense.

On the topic of Opi perks, I'd like to mention that Brimstone lacks usefulness. To make it viable, I think it should be scaled up significantly.

id like to see maybe 3 norms and 2 specs, or 3 specs 2 norms instead of 5 that could be either, cosue they are most likely gonna just block reg attacks, and maybe 1 special.

anyways, a 50% reflect would be OP, massively. yes solds might go opi.... couse they will be able to use this in AMS downtime and still hit over 90% reflects so they will then be able to do like 3 mins of 90ish% reflects instead of 1:20

also means that any1 with RRFE will be able to have an AMS like defence for the duration...which isnt wat the game needs
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Bump.

Troxes have had MR and sphere.

Solitus have had Survival and tacky.

NM have had their absorb.

Opifex have had... well, not much, unless you count BBD, and most people still chose to roll other breeds for the more obvious advantages.

I'd hate to see it get even worse when everyone can breed switch, and no one stays opifex.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Opisex used to be cool for tl5 with Blinded by delights, now there is no reason have one at any level imho.

Blockers of special attacks are not a good defence, becouse main dmg will be a perk dmg. So any attack absorber will not be as effective as atm. 50% reflect isnt beter than nanomage absorber, becouse it's effective with rrfe only.
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

Simple solution - other genome perks should get nerfed.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceona View Post
    Blockers of special attacks are not a good defence, becouse main dmg will be a perk dmg. So any attack absorber will not be as effective as atm. 50% reflect isnt beter than nanomage absorber, becouse it's effective with rrfe only.
    Blocking special attacks is a good defence.
    You don't notice it because you're an opifex engineer
    Extra passive evades are as good a benefit as any, see tower wars in regards to how much people would love 100 def.

And seriously, blockers arent defence? What?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

There's very big difference between 7 special attack blockers at once and 1 special/regular blocker every 4 seconds. The second one does not stop any alfa. Only use I can see is defense against nerfed 3sec AS, but still need to be used before actual shot.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Blocking special attacks is a good defence.
    You don't notice it because you're an opifex engineer
    Extra passive evades are as good a benefit as any, see tower wars in regards to how much people would love 100 def.

And seriously, blockers arent defence? What?
    hmz + 1500 add all off with no drawbacks VS 1 special blocked every once and a while
    seriously that doesnt add upp at all
    yay I blocked a flingshot, then: hit by burst, FA, a ****load of perkdmg and a few regulars --->dead zoning to reclaim new blocker ready
    point is ONE blocker doesnt mean anything and all other breeds > opifex if changes go live
    -----------------------------------------------
    Chars:
    Tyredrina
    Tyredrina2
    Trattnoob
    & misc

wait for "your regular attack has been absorbed by a blocker"
    launch specials in less than 4 secondes (pressing some keys in less than 4 sec is not that hard ...)

laugh at the opiflex that put 10 AI perks and got alpahed 1 sec later than if he hadnt put any points ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I want Blinded by delights back!

And some proper evadebuff or special blocker!

Opisex is supposed to be the best evadeclass ...
    But up to now.. Troxes had the evadebuff (Wit) - Now fix it for Opifex!!!
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Thats payback for easy symb equiping, working as intended.=)

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    Bump.

Troxes have had MR and sphere.
    Huh? Sphere is a Solitus perk...or have I missed something?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Huh? Sphere is a Solitus perk...or have I missed something?
    I meant wit.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

i had it perked until i realized just how useless it is unless you're trying to equip something.
    as it stands, perking opifex breed doesn't make sense

here's a thought

on primary line
    evade perks (mild ones, nothing too beastly)
    since that sort of thing is what opi's do best

on the secondary line
    a (mediocre) add all offense perk, maybe with an init buff
    could call it something to reflect the concept that it's caused by an increased focus of the mind, resulting in faster more accurate strikes for a short period of time
    unnatural focus or something like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast