Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: and after 200, what happens?

Wink and after 200, what happens?

Well,

When u're upset of repetitives missions, capped everywhere, and only have 2 levels for upgrade your (loved) char, what do u do?

I had like pple, even not close to 200 give there opinion on it...
    I try to be constructive, and have a lot of friends who would like to have some suggestions to solve this problem:
    Is the game finished?

I heard a lot of good things, regardless of nerves:

For instance Kaiousama (eeeek a Clanner) suggested that we could trade Tokens against IP resets.

Suggested that caps would be logarithmic and no arithmetic, means that it's a progressive cap.

That what drops of really difficult mobs reflects kinda effort of killin' and organize figfhtin' teams.

What about quests? and camping?

What about Events and Story?

What about ground control as we made (by ourselves) in Tara's room for one month?

And so on...

Here is a thread: i dont expect players whining for themselves(I could do it about Enforcers) but i had like more general ideas about the GAMEPLAY.

Grom Opi Enf 198 RK2

2 levels for upgrad
    I might be mistaken, but dont you cap at 199 ?

Anyways, i think your riht, in that your not sure what to do when you hit level 200, cause there isnt alot of things to do.

Now, im only 196, but thats by choice, I personaly have spen the last month working on other things, like improving my gameplay skills, and working on my AOTools, like my bots, and things...

But when it comes to AO provided things to do, I think that people are sitting right now, looking at lots of Mobs, on RK, that they cant kill, and have been ocupying themseleves some with that. Im not sure exactly what the scope of 14.6 will be, but I'm hoping it will be another patch that adds things to keep us busy. Few more quests, some new things to explore, etc. (i know pateches tend to alternat between content/bug fixes) I think that if FC to an active look at the state of the game, and strived to produce things that keep the players that are high level, and do do things so fast busy, in turn you have a pleathora of things for the casual gamers to do and then you have a better game state

We need things like, guild houses, or storyline, for those interested. We need incentives to go out and pvp (other than camelot) we need the boosterpack to come out too hehe I think that the booster pack is probaly one of the main reasons the content patches have been comming so slow lately.

Dunno, jsut my opinion.... but your on the right track, and yep, its borring at the top ;(
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

hey grom

its faign, btw
    I agree wholeheartedly that there is really not much to do after 200 (even before it, actually). My solution is the land control, or any other meaningful PvP struggle - like camelot. Camping and ip resets are really more work than fun, and meaningful PvP is really the only fun option i can think of that would reward a player for getting to 200.
    btw, i thought u were solitus?

Immortals

An idea came to me for post +200 play

After 200, add a second profession.
    So when you cap at lvl 200, you get to start a second line of profession of your chose

so your character would look like
    UberName
    lvl 200 Adv
    lvl 51 MP

Of course there would be the question of what you would do once you had finished all professions. To that, i would respond that you give up playing computer games and discover an alternate form of reality called the real world.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

land control &

Land control, that is.
    For those who practiced Camelot a lot, its obvious it was really involving moments...
    1 Rare loots
    2 Pvp zone
    3 Guilds bonuses
    I think this combination could be interesting to play tactical, not as the only place where everybody PvP atm, Tir Arena, which is just a ganking place.

Kaiousama idea is a great idea, and i think FC should take a serious look at this.

Talking Easy Suggestion

At level 200, do an IPR and out all IP into Throwing Weapons and Swimming.

Re: Immortals

Originally posted by Animosity

So when you cap at lvl 200, you get to start a second line of profession of your chose

UberName
    lvl 200 Adv
    lvl 51 MP
    Wooo, multi-classing! Man, that would be fun. It would be a real true honor to meet a level 600 MA/Crat/NT...

A few teams of those might take out Ian Warr...
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

Re: and after 200, what happens?

Originally posted by Gromulator
    For instance Kaiousama (eeeek a Clanner) suggested that we could trade Tokens against IP resets.

That sounds like a good idea. That would keep me going...be able to mission and trade tokens for resets.I would be able to try out different ways of playing my char.

Multi profession after 200, that sounds like a lot of fun
    TOMTEMOR

Re: Immortals

UberName
    lvl 200 Adv
    lvl 51 MP

Of course there would be the question of what you would do once you had finished all professions. To that, i would respond that you give up playing computer games and discover an alternate form of reality called the real world.
    hehe damn real world looks so cool...

if god exist he have much better grafics in his comp then g4))))

thx for advice

multi classes would be coooooooool

i've always wanted to have multi classes.. but to have variation.. perhaps there should be a combined max level limit.. e.g 1000

seeing as there are more than five classes.. you could in theory get to lvl 200 in 5.. or perhaps 200 in 4 classes.. and 100 in to other classes.

Next perhaps the max level should be raised from 200 to 300 =)

make some uber rare and uber powrfl items that can be used by lvl 200 - 300 players. And some kick ass camps and high ql missions.. aimed at that kind of lvl
    Susanooh Nano-Technician
    Level 170
    Shadow Level 0
    Alien Level 2
    (Proud owner of Nullity Sphere Mk I, Mk II, Luxuary Jobe Apt. & Pet Leets) (Atlantean)
    Info
    Equip. & Imp. Layout
    Perks
    History

/born Friday November 2nd 2001

Multi-classing would roxxor...

Please someone who is not at work, do a poll!!!...

That could be a way for us to make our voice heard to the devs...

Regards.
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

Yeah Multi Classing to the Masses!

That would really add lots of fun.

Though imagine lvl200 Doctor with even 20lvls of soldier ).
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

and after 200 there was nothing

You done, start a new char, when he is 200, start a new one. I really don't see whats your point is here after 200?
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

In responce to your signature file

]>nd after 200 there was nothing

>You done, start a new char, when he is 200, start a new one. I ?>really don't see whats your point is here after 200?

- Post stupid things like everyone else does.

-->

--> your dumb.

- Act like a kid like everyone else does.

--> i am so smart, why dont you go play another game.

- Post stupid replys to stupid posts from stupid ppl to remind them how stupid they are.

--> your stupid to say that you could start a newbie character after getting to 200. Have yyou even played this game?

"The greatest enemy ever known to both Omni and Clan were their creators." - Zindel
    have you ever seeen 200, and then tried to start a new character, its impossible!!!!
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Re: In responce to your signature file

My new goals are:

- Post stupid things like everyone else does.

-->

--> your dumb.

- Act like a kid like everyone else does.

--> i am so smart, why dont you go play another game.

- Post stupid replys to stupid posts from stupid ppl to remind them how stupid they are.

--> your stupid to say that you could start a newbie character after getting to 200. Have yyou even played this game?
    [/B]

Hun your confused. First you tell me i'm dumb then u tell me i'm so smart pick one plz.

Next let me help ya with the decision i'm stupid cause you have to be to play this game no way around it.

Next i did start a new character and i do have a 196 lvl char so i know how hard is it.

And last but not least if you can't figure the sarcasam then you more stupid then i tought.

Also since you don't understand it plz let me explain it for the little children:

Since FC said they don't plan having lvls over 200 and since there is no other contents in the game your only choise is to make a new char and almost all ppl that i know of that have lvl 200 char started a new one so plz if you can't understand don't reply
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Talking

LETS GET READY TO RUUUUMMMMMBLLLLLE!!

At 200, when not engaged in a fight, you are only allowed to walk, not run, so you look omnious. And I believe there is a rule that states you have to have at least one piece of Tarasque loot equipped at all times.

/me waves at Kinkstaah and Gunnandahalf

--Tsk

Multiclassing by the numbers -

First off, when starting a new character from scratch only create MPs and NTs. The reason for this is GREEN NANO SKILLS. All 6 of them. That way when you get to level 200 and multiclass you can move immediately into casting the best nanos available for your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th professions. Sure you are going to drop alot of IP into your weapon skills, but when you won't be spending as much IP as you wold if you be if you maxed all the Nano skills.

If you went MP first for your second class I recommend Fixer. Green Nano Skills sure will make your life alot easier. Can anyone say GA MKIV and NCU buffs? I knew you could! To top it off your Treatment is now a green skill. You can get Ql200+ Implants in easier.

If you went NT first, I suggest MP as your second class. Before you know it you will be casting Mochams on yourself and Nuking like a Pro. Add in the dubious benefit of a Belemorte, and better Nano Cost Reducing nanos, and you'll be nuking like a pro in no time.

After you have your NT/MP/Fixer up you have a hard choice ahead of you. Adventurer for the temporary +7k HP buff, heals, and HoTs? Doctor for the very delicious heals? Or MA for that oh so nice Crit buff and the heals? I think in the end the only choice that one could possibly make is MA. The addition of the Crit buff is just too much. You would become an unstoppable force of nature.

Enjoy your Multiclassing!

Honestly folks, the only ways I see that FC could pull this off are to have Level Reqs on every single Nano, new and old. We all know how well that would be received. The other way would be to have to respend IP in every single Skill you need. Only this time you start off with maxed base abilities. The interface to handle different skills for different professions is enough to give me a headache just thinking about it. The IP for the second and following professions would have to be reduced due to not having to spend anything at all on base abilities. It would be a coding nightmare.

But, have you seen the mouse-tip 'No Previous Profession' when you mouse over the title block of the Skills menu?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast