Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: PvP range fix?

207 fixers are fine k?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    What I was thinking as I read the thread. Makes the most sense imho.

100s attacking 50s would be funny though.
    It wouldn't be changing the range's to 1 TL either way, it would add a lock on to the current ranges for 1 TL either way. Thus only effecting tl7 vs tl5 since it is the only place where the pvp range stretches over 2 tl's
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisfix View Post
    It wouldn't be changing the range's to 1 TL either way, it would add a lock on to the current ranges for 1 TL either way. Thus only effecting tl7 vs tl5 since it is the only place where the pvp range stretches over 2 tl's
    And that range would be uh *cough* tl5 above level 164 or so.
    Menkyo Ilikedagunz2: 200/2x XP Grinding Opi MA
    Judashero: 60/6 Untwinked Trox Soldier
    Revocation: 58/6 NM Crat E
    Takainohebun: 30/3 Trox MA E
    Jeezusaurus: 21/2 Trox Enf E
    Okuiri Takainoakki: 15/2 Trox MA E
    Bachiatari: 9/1 Untwinked Trox Enf
    Peddler Itami: 5/1 Trox Trader E

The problem with making the ranges smaller for PVP is this: less PVP is bad.
    more PVP is better.

Heres how I would fix this:

You can attack anyone higher than you, always, provided the gas is right.
    you can attack anyone LOWER than you, always, provided the gas is right, with handicaps.

For example: the base is your level -20%, so, a level 220 -> extrapolated to 300, can attack someone 300*0.2=60 levels lower, 220-(60/5)=208

Anyone below 208 gets a small handicap, which scales according to the difference of levels between their level, and the level of the attacker, so, say for example, a 220 wants to attack the annoying 150 attacking his towers, but, he doesn't have a toon "in range"

so, 220 vs 150: thats really 300 vs 150, so, the handicap is: (attacker lvl - target lvl)/attacker lvl

in this case: the handicap is 300-150/300 =50%, so, the attacker recieves a 50% penalty on evrything: 50% AR, 50% AC's, 50% evades, 50% AAO/AAD, 50% NR, 50% healing, 50% dmg. HP stays the same which is the benefit for higher players.

ok, lets stack this up a sec. say youre a 220 end game sold, and, the 150 attacker is a GA 4 fixer, how's it goign to work out?
    220 endgame sold has 3700 AR*50% =1850AR vs about 2500 active evades with GA4 fixer. not bad, I'd say this will be a nasty fight, but the sold could definitly slow down the fixer.

lets take another scenario, a 220 wants to defend his lvl 36 CT, and the attacker is a level 30 enforcer. the handicap is as follows: (300-30)/300=90%, so, the attacker has only 10% of his healing, AC's, dmg available. lets see how this would stack up:

a enf has maybe 4000 HP twinked wtih OSB's at 30, and, the soldier again, with 3700 AR now only has 370 left. he'll be able to hit that 30 enf, but, his FA will now only do: 15000*10%=1500/2=750. Ok, not bad, the sold might be able to take down the enf if he is fast with swaps and the enf has no HnQ.

Rawk on. with this situation, you can have 220's actively defending a QL 14 tower site, and there will NEVER be a shortage of PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    stuff
    actually this is a cool idea

you just to just scale damage/ar both ways not hp too(read: cause its too hard)

so a 30 enf vs a 220, would to 10x the damage and take 1/10 of the damge dished out, he would also have 10x the ar, while the attacker would have 1/10 of the ar he normally has, same would go for nano effects cast on the lower/higher player.

well, it's retarded to have a level 30 enforcer beating the sh*t out of a 220 sold, so, I think it shouldn't go up by much, if at all, otherwise everyoen could roll lvl 1 twinks with nelebs battlerod and wtf pwn 300 fields in med suits.

na, thats retarded, better to leave it with the ability to defend against higher levels, but really require a stupid zerg to actually do any damage on one. Don't forget, with 10% AC's and 10% evades+AAD, a toon won't be able to evade and defend that well, therefore, if you got 5 lvl 30 attackers, you could probably chew through a 220 sold fairly easily, just take a bit of time.

suppose you could say the pvp dmg isn't halved or soemthing attacking up, but not attacking down.

lol mcnuckle that would be awesome :P i could see a level 1 in a fight V a 220 LOL! man thats cool lol.

cool idea but i think there would needa be a minimum level for those tho, so yeah like 220 goes down to 150 or something along those lines so 1 V 220 dosnt happen

hmmm i wonder also what would happen if the 220 was fighting a 150, then another 220 came along to gank the first 220....how would the stat changes interact with another person in a situation like that
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    lol mcnuckle that would be awesome :P i could see a level 1 in a fight V a 220 LOL! man thats cool lol.

cool idea but i think there would needa be a minimum level for those tho, so yeah like 220 goes down to 150 or something along those lines so 1 V 220 dosnt happen

hmmm i wonder also what would happen if the 220 was fighting a 150, then another 220 came along to gank the first 220....how would the stat changes interact with another person in a situation like that
    Dude, I know I was thinking about that exact problem. I imagine it that the handicap would have to occur in the action, but not "on" the player, so, like, the ACTION is handicapped, but the player isn't, do you see what I'm saying? so, the handicap wouldn't affect your actual stats, it would just affect the interaction of your stats vs the person youre fighting.

But, I just think it's uber to be able to PVP with everyone. I can see some hard nose level 5 twink busting out on a level 204 and just cleaning his clock.

Dude, I know I was thinking about that exact problem. I imagine it that the handicap would have to occur in the action, but not "on" the player, so, like, the ACTION is handicapped, but the player isn't, do you see what I'm saying? so, the handicap wouldn't affect your actual stats, it would just affect the interaction of your stats vs the person youre fighting.

But, I just think it's uber to be able to PVP with everyone. I can see some hard nose level 5 twink busting out on a level 204 and just cleaning his clock.
    yeah i can see wat u mean, im just wondering how emo that would make macrosan having to code that in....dont think it could happen?

and the <3 the level 5
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Imo a terrible idea. Handicaps? That defeats the purpose of rolling a higher level twink.

A pvp range tightening wouldn't make for less pvp. It would make for less tl7s owning tl5 pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikedagunz2 View Post
    Imo a terrible idea. Handicaps? That defeats the purpose of rolling a higher level twink.

A pvp range tightening wouldn't make for less pvp. It would make for less tl7s owning tl5 pvp.
    think outside the box, pad wan.

think outside the box, pad wan.
    ...what?

Just because you have a different, more creative idea, doesn't mean it's a superior idea.

dude, I want to see 50 dwarf ninja's kill the 50 story tall big annoying atrox enforcer.

If the stats stay the same though, how is say a level 20 trader gonna be able to drain a 220 nt? Odds would still be massively in the favour of the higher level.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

bump.

And happy birthday me

This is a good suggestion but poorly laid out.

-----------------------------------

PvP ranges should be: (rough draft)

Level 1-20; +/- 5 from current level

Level 21-40; +/- 10 from current level

Level 41-90; +/- 15 from current level

Level 90-205; +/- 20 from current level

Level 206-220; +/- 15 from current level

Bump.

This is ruining (ruined) TL5 NW.
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

bump

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    Bump.

This is ruining (ruined) TL5 NW.
    This.

The problem with making the ranges smaller for PVP is this: less PVP is bad.
    more PVP is better.
    There's no TL5 pvp cos people get annoyed by being killed at TL7. If that's removed i'm sure more people will do TL5 NW again
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

You can probly find both my threads on this if you look from a while back, always fun to see the "You lack skillz in leveling and didn't disable xp, you deserve to be ganked by 220's at 175. Forums are teh suck anyways Im going back to Spawn Camping now!" comments

I also would like to bump lower levels being able to attack anyone higher, would be easier to ding some pvp titles on my level 1 if I can gank some tl2-7

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast