Thread: Alter Nano effects based on breed (extended)

Alter Nano effects based on breed (extended)

Increasing the variation of the breeds based on nano buffs could be a viable way of making breed choice much more important.

Examples:

Reduce inertia buffs everyone for 120 evades currently. The buff could instead boost opifex by 150, solitus and nanomage by 120, and atrox by 90.

Absorb buffs could buff nanomages by 5% more, atrox and solitus by the current amount, and opifex by 5% less.

Max health buffs would have the highest benefit for atrox, same as current for opifex and solitus, and lower amount for nanomage.

etc etc etc.

While my examples might not be the most suitable the point is that buffs could help seperate the breeds.

heh... if FC would listen to this suggestion i would use that 1 time breed change to go opi on my trox enf in 1 second.
    its a silly idea that would just further imbalance breeds and force certain professions to be a specific breed.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

which is something i really dont like FC doing.. but it seems to be their goal... :|
    H I

Hell yeah. Let's make even more imbalance between breeds.

Breed choice should matter because of the inherent skills to that breed, nothing more, nothing less.

So nothing to do with nanos and little to do with Genome perks.

FC appear to have confused people saying that breed choice should matter, with us saying breed choice should matter so much that there's an obvious breed for almost every profession, encouraging more cookie cutters.

Breed choice should matter with trickle into things, their native ability with heal delta, nano delta, nano cost, nano casting. Items have become so powerful that the innate things that used to matter do not matter anymore. That's what should be addressed, not adding breed specific things to nanos and not making genome perks a no brainer per profession.

Otherwise we lose more choice, instead of gaining more.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Breed choice should matter because of the inherent skills to that breed, nothing more, nothing less.

So nothing to do with nanos and little to do with Genome perks.

FC appear to have confused people saying that breed choice should matter, with us saying breed choice should matter so much that there's an obvious breed for almost every profession, encouraging more cookie cutters.

Breed choice should matter with trickle into things, their native ability with heal delta, nano delta, nano cost, nano casting. Items have become so powerful that the innate things that used to matter do not matter anymore. That's what should be addressed, not adding breed specific things to nanos and not making genome perks a no brainer per profession.

Otherwise we lose more choice, instead of gaining more.
    Agreed. The nanobot shield programs for NT and their completely differen stats for each breed really do annoy me to no end. The trox NT used to be a simply, strange choice, that required sacrifice in some areas to get to the same levels as nanomage NTs, but now, it's easily possible to attain the skill requirements and ability scores needed, or at least if you invest some time into getting items it is, but because of the way shield nanos work, it's a rather meh effort. Sure, I know there's like 2 people who are so-called "uber pwning trox nts" or whatever the word is now who built their characters solely around a dodge ranged setup so they might function in the 15 seconds out of every two minutes or so that Wit of the Atrox would add to evades...
    characters that after the proposed changes will lose that ability. Yet another example of how breed perks would make or break characters, which I personally don't think should be the case, as it promotes cookie cutting, far more than anything else has in the past.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Well I cannot see any arguments to support this yet, can let it go on a bit longer. Please note that I may not support the suggestions I make either, I am simply offering avenues for thought and discussion

If nanos were to be enhanced though, would more nanoskills increasing benefit be better? Several issues with it ofc but it would make a distinction between those that boost nanoskills and those that get the bare minimum and nothing more.

Breed choice should matter because of the inherent skills to that breed
    If there is a possibility to adapt to changes happenning after the character creation. MR is the best example. When my enf was created, there was no MR, now there is, and I feel a bit screwed in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

this would work if the differences were that big to begin with

i like the ways its going, ok some breed choices will be better(like right now) but theres also some interesting ones

Well not a bad suggestion but it's pointless tbh, FC already broke the choice of picking a breed over another with certain items etc to balance them out so what's the point :/
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp