Thread: Patching headache

Patching headache

Ok, is anyone else having this or just me?

I havent been able to get the patch...

After the patch came out, I logged in, got the End Use license page, and hit accept. It takes me to the log in page and asks me to patch. I click patch and POOF, window goes away, patch doesnt start, end of story.

So, I decided to manually patch. i downloaded the manual patch to the AO directory, I get the End user License page, click accept and it starts "downloading Anarchy online Patcher...". the second its done down loading that, window disappears, nothing else appears to be happening.. no game, no log in, no anything.

Go back in and try to log on and it starts all over again... End Use license page, and hit accept. It takes me to the log in page and asks me to patch. I click patch and POOF, window goes away, patch doesnt start.

I'm still on dial up.. no choice for where Im at, ...so I really can't re-download this entire game. I started to, and it estimated an 11 day d/l time... cut that in half and it will take 20+ days to d/l.. sorry aint happening.

Anyone else run into this? Have an idea of whats going on? Or how to correct it ?

Running XP

I'm getting a headache.
    Last edited by Cariadast; Nov 19th, 2009 at 18:50:15.

Seriously.. no one can help?

Looks like its time to close up the accnts then and move on... No point paying for a game on 4 accnts I cant even get to load up...

Had a lot of troubles lately with patching but could be cause i use a custom ui, but at least i get the patcher running then it fails on some random file, getting the clean ui zip and changing ui back to default has helped me at least.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

yeah, Ive heard that a lot.. unfortunately I am running the original Gui

Well, I just cancelled my subscription. Customer service and tech help is about as useful as a tick. I'm just done. I pay for 4 accnts and they cant even get me a copy of the game. So, here I am paying for a game I cant get into to play and their only answer, after me explaining theres no way I can re download this game on my dial up connection, (I cant get any other one where Im at), is to say "re download the game, we can't send you a copy". Of course you can! copy it for me and mail it!!! I spend $45-$60 a month on you, the least you can do is spend .85 on a stamp to mail it!

It would take me nearly 2-3 months to d/l it via my dial up connection (cant be online 24/7 unfortunately, even if I could its like 17 days). So, Ill take my money elsewhere, because in that time I will have started another game anyway, and why bother coming back when I only have time for one?

This game is just a frecking mess and its FC's problem. One they take no responsibility for and keep throwing us bread crumbs and claim they just provided us a full course meal complete with dessert... and we let them.

Im annoyed and tired of it. If you cant even help me to get the game, then why should I help you by putting money into a company where I cant use their services? It just makes no sense.
    Last edited by Cariadast; Nov 24th, 2009 at 03:27:53.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    I havent been able to get the patch...
    Please check your yahoo.com email address (sent now)...your personal messages aren't enabled on the forums.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Please check your yahoo.com email address (sent now)...your personal messages aren't enabled on the forums.

this smells like some serious cust-sup.
    Tokrika - advisor of First Light

Ceterum censeo Omni-tek esse delendam

Well .. I have to admit, the OP has a point ..

And although general help from other players/ARKs is much appreciated, its lamentable that the good-nature of unpaid volunteers is relied on to such an extent in this game due to the lack of properly knowledgeable support staff.

Don't get me wrong .. I and many others think that AO is a good game .. but it would be really nice if Funcom got their act together and dealt with some of the biggest problems the game has, instead of scratching at the surface, bringing in new patches with added bugs, and making PR announcements for new games when their old ones don't retain players because of unforeseen issues.

I've seen messages for a few years now about the 'upcoming new game engine' but I don't expect to see it for another 'few years'. What IS going on there .. we cannot be fooled forever into thinking this is gonna arrive soon.

Anyway, I do have bigger fish to fry than having a rant on the forums, so I'm gonna return to RK4 to clear some other business! :P