Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 20th, 2009 - Nanomage says "Wut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

When these changes are eventually ironed out and they go live EVERYONE will have the opportunity to change breed once

horrible horrible idea.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Though of course, I can understand that coding is a pain (trust me, I do enough of it myself), however, I can't see the overall difficulty, I am guessing that the breed change will be matched to the requirement for IPR's, in that you have to be totally naked, add to that, due to issues which would occurr with skills, it will also be necessary to be fully IPR'd at the same time, so I am guessing that the whole lot will be linked together.

so it would be... Strip Naked, Full IPR, Breed Change, Rebuild.

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Making an option to change breeds feels like nothing else but admiting you're unable/don't want to balance the game properly. The ultimate bandaid fix.
    Will we get the option for a profession change too? If we get that, you only need to worry about balancing one single profession and dump the other 13, never to think of them again. Oh wait, actually that's what you're doing right now, nevermind.
    Prynxkjui 220 NM MP / Prynjunior 220 Soli Doc

Funcom employee

Making an option to change breeds feels like nothing else but admiting you're unable/don't want to balance the game properly. The ultimate bandaid fix.

Greetings,
    Your Party Pooper.
    I don't want all the breeds to be exactly equal in all situations...no. I dislike pointless choices as much as I dislike pointless posts...like yours.

You don't have to sign your posts "party pooper"...after this amount of time I'm sure the entire forum is aware of who and what you are.

Cheers,

Your reality check.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

About the target ncu windows, lots of perks still dont show up, is it going to stay like that or eventually everything will be added?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    Though of course, I can understand that coding is a pain (trust me, I do enough of it myself), however, I can't see the overall difficulty, I am guessing that the breed change will be matched to the requirement for IPR's, in that you have to be totally naked, add to that, due to issues which would occurr with skills, it will also be necessary to be fully IPR'd at the same time, so I am guessing that the whole lot will be linked together.

so it would be... Strip Naked, Full IPR, Breed Change, Rebuild.
    Yes, that's my guess as well, but you probably need to add Full Perk Reset to your list. Although, I was just thinking of a couple other complications that could come up, such as Shadowbreeds, will they automatically change over to the new breed, or will we have to refarm the crystals. Also, NT Cyberdecks, they get breed specific ones when they turn in their spec books, will they automatically be issued a new one for the correct breed or will they have to refarm the spec books or will the one they currently have be automatically changed to fit their new breed.

I'm sure there's other things, but that's all I can think of for now.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I don't want all the breeds to be exactly equal in all situations...no. I dislike pointless choices as much as I dislike pointless posts...like yours.

You don't have to sign your posts "party pooper"...after this amount of time I'm sure the entire forum is aware of who and what you are.

Cheers,

Your reality check.
    Breeds are different, that's precisly why poor Macrosun will have to do so much coding for this horrible change - they don't need breed superpower perks for that.

Thanks for reality check too - your reality check is going to come in a few months when after the breed change everyone will switch to optimal breeds, and it will mean a change of balance so huge, The Great PvP Balancing (tm), will have to be started all over again.

Greetings,
    Your Party Pooper.
    FC may just end up with nothing less but THE PERFECTLY balanced bred perks...
    But...

People have chosen their breeds based on whatever perks and benfits/downsides they had and... not the least... based on their preferred way of playing...

This is being severely changed now and it's only fair that people can once again make up their mind, without being faced with the choice between /quit and /reroll.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by means View Post
    i don't want all the breeds to be exactly equal in all situations...no. I dislike pointless choices as much as i dislike pointless posts...like yours.

You don't have to sign your posts "party pooper"...after this amount of time i'm sure the entire forum is aware of who and what you are.

Cheers,

your reality check.
    you got served!

Ooh my MA cans be soli :O

Insane. Every time Means is making changes, he manages to go the extra step every time that I would have not believed previously. I read the thread on breed change, but I had previously thought that the action was near impossible due to the complexity of the code of this game. Curiously, I wonder if the breed change that will be available to people... will it be before or after the new engine?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    FC may just end up with nothing less but THE PERFECTLY balanced profession perks...
    But...

People have chosen their professions based on whatever perks and benfits/downsides they had and... not the least... based on their preferred way of playing...

This is being severely changed now and it's only fair that people can once again make up their mind, without being faced with the choice between /quit and /reroll.
    See what i did there?

Awesome news.

But I can imagine some interesting side effects that could be very useful for punishing forum trolls. "Your breed change has phailed - The visual breed changes have not been applied correctly. Our apologies that for other players you now have the breasts of a Large Solitus, the head of an Atrox and the ass of an Opifex. Have a nice day!"
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

I know that there are some that will be naysayers, but ultimately, this can only be a good thing, so many people I know, have left for one reason or another, but more often than not, for changes to the game, that have in the past resulted in the "You've nerfed my X breed Y prof" so the chance to wipe the slate and rebuild, without having to /delete /reroll, could be a way to bring people back.

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    May I have my breed changed to Monster?

Thx!
    I'd rather have my sex changed to it :P
    blah

In my opinion...

Re-balancing breads should not be done to fix the issue of choosing the "wrong" bread for a profession, it's not a matter of choosing the "right" bread, i really thing that it's a nearly impossible thing doing a correct balance to have the same fun in the half of the level-line of a Doctor (for example at level 150-160) being nanomage vs being atrox.

At level 220 you can enjoy every breed if you forget problems of twinking on top symbs or some gears, here is not the problem.

What I want to say is that a rebalancing should start to probe on a half level char, not on end game char.
    Last edited by nakper; Nov 20th, 2009 at 18:33:33.

Breeds are different, that's precisly why poor Macrosun will have to do so much coding for this horrible change - they don't need breed superpower perks for that.

Thanks for reality check too - your reality check is going to come in a few months when after the breed change everyone will switch to optimal breeds, and it will mean a change of balance so huge, The Great PvP Balancing (tm), will have to be started all over again.
    So nick, what you're saying is if they completely remove pistol from engineer you wouldn't want an ipr to reset pistol?

Your logic is failing because when these changes happen all chrs made after will be that "perfect breed" and would only make chrs made before obsolete.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

realy good choice means idd love the idee of 1 time bread change !!

Good but imho not good enough. If you add a chance to change breed make it also possible to:
    1. Change profession to ****e the game up a bit and ressurect those long forgotten characters on our accounts.
    2. Appear on different server after "chocie"l a bit of love for those lonely rk3 folks!
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast