Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A tool for the Devs: Prof Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    So, your 3 agents were cheating.
    im guessing its just about as much cheating as using NBS in a duel. either way it doesent matter what you or 6 other agents that post in this forum would do, what matters is what you could do. At some point using hacked grafts was concidered lame, then melee users with supernova were lame and for some people they still are to this day but times change and something that u call cheating today will be common practice tomorrow if it proves viable enough

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty50 View Post
    Very few if any other professions has this ability to deal with everything, even give some conditions, and even if they are high end toons. The picture drawn out is nothing like you would put it, and I think its good to see a description that is close to my own experience. Mind me pointing that out?

You are focusing on end result, and conveniently ignoring the list(s) of unstated arbitrary conditions that have to be met for success, which I summed up in a one or two sentence blurb. I omitted (among other things) the 1-2 min down time between fights, my play style, and the severe maulings I receive along the way. If I include everything I have to do to reach the outcome stated, I do two things: tip my hand, and create a wall of text. No to the latter, the former is annoying.

Don't take my omissions as evidence that your assumptions are correct.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

220/26/68 agent, defensively geared.

I'm a casual BS'er (TP engi, mimic doc 99% of the time) and this is how I see it.. at least when I was more active and not so badly out of practise:

Advys - most of the times an even fight, some are good enough to watch out for, but no need to run away without even trying. They often run once UBT lands. Lots of times my biggest problem is running out of nano eventually.

Agents - first to land UBT most likely wins.

Crats - used to be a pain in the ass with the retarded stuns, now they seem easyish. Granted, I haven't played much since the pistol love. UBT'd pets don't pose a big threat since they miss me most of the time anyway, no need to try and keep them away.

Docs - impossible to kill for me. Can't alpha a half decent one anymore and have you tried to outlive a doc? Not gonna happen. I'd die to init nerfs and dots alone soon enough.

Enfos - I go splat. If their stuff is down I'll live for a while, but seems I just can't push enough damage to take them out alone. Don't know what to think, really. I try to stay away from them.

Engis - they kill me.

Fixers - usually we can't kill each other and I end up rooted with the fixer gone. If they stick around, it could go either way really. I still consider them one of the easy ones as it's not insta death to me.

Keepers - hard for me. Similar to enfos. I don't know why so many agents say they're easy, maybe I just suck more than I thought.

MA's - agent go splat unless agent run and wait for the init nerf to pass.

MP's - they kill me.

NT's - most are easy, some can pose a bit of a problem.

Shades - usually I don't see them until I'm already stunned and soon after dead. Semi cannon fodder if they're visible and you don't let them too close.

Soldiers - they land RI, I die. They try to but can't land RI, they die. They don't even try to RI, I can tank most of them through AMS and their alpha and kill them. The couple tough ones don't want to die no matter what and take me down easily.

Traders - honestly. GTH? Whose idea was that. Before GTH, they were beatable, sometimes even easily. GTH is one reason I might just say f*** it, /afk out, /camp and do something else.

might as well my 2 shilings:
    220/30/70 Opi keep, in endgame setup, defensively geared
    I do about 75% BS, 25% duels. BS like some righteous said earlier is a bit too fast paced for our perks to recharge fully, so its a highly variable experience. For the sake of consistency I'll just assume that all perks are up...

Adventurer: Impossible, can't do enough damage to get through their healing. Their HP fluctuates wildly but manages to stay above zero just long enough to whittle me down.
    Difficulty: Very hard

Agent: 11s AS + mimic doc makes it impossible to kill a well set up agent. 210ish agents on BS are cannon fodder though.

Crat: Our enervate aura doesn't seem to be all that effective against crat's CC toolkit: on the off chance I do manage to smack up the crat a bit, he'll just root and run off. Since my AR is a bit low (defensive set up), I have a hard time landing hits on a well set up doc, and impossible if crat evade perks are running.

Doc: lowbie docs are cannon fodder. end game docs are impossible: too much hp/heals, lack of viable stuns in kpr toolkit, etc. dueling a doc takes around 1-2 hours (they don't hit me and malp doesn't land consistently enough) and usually i win 50/50 because we tend to lose interest and just end up forfeiting.

Enf: MR kills me. 50/50 against nanomage enfs, but they're rather rare. I usually lose to soli enfs who manage to time the genome perk heal correctly. Opi enfs are 30/70. Also if there's SA then I'm screwed.
    Difficulty: Medium - Very hard

Engi: blinds+snares are very annoying and render me easily kitable, our one perk that removes blinds is also a large heal perk so its a hard decision to use it or not. If I'm getting kited then the pets+remod will eventually whittle down my hp bar. If i'm not getting kited, I stand a fair chance as pets tend to not hit often enough to matter assuming I can get my perks off...but it's rare to find a engi dumb enough to not kite me...
    Difficulty: Hard - Very hard

Fixer: Impossible. I can't hit them when in a pure defensive set up unless they're gimpy themselves. Also FA+AS+perks damage > heal perks.

Keeper: Against a trox, MR will kill me. Otherwise, it's an even fight and comes down to who has the better equipment and/or lag/sync issues. Against offensively set up kprs I tend to come out on top eventually, against defensively set up keepers it's 50/50.
    Difficulty: Easy - Medium

MA: Depends on setup. If they have bow and know what they're doing, then it's a challenge. If not, then I can usually pull off a W, as they have long enough recharges on heals for me to outdamage them.
    Difficulty: Medium

AS MP: If the mezz pet is lost or not targeted on me, then I have a good chance of winning. Comes down to who outdamages the other, as normal hits beyond AS don't land, and riwhen doesn't hit me consistently enough for it to matter either. I giggle a bit inside when MPs cast NSD on me though.
    Difficulty: Medium

Shield MP: Impossible. Can't land enough hits consistently, mezz pet chain rooting is very annoying, and I usually accidentally target it instead of the heal pet to boot.

NT: If i'm not being chain rooted+double then it's an easy kill. Otherwise it's likely I'll lose. Luckily I seem to be able to resist just enough roots from most NT encounters.
    Difficulty: Easy - Medium

Shade: Depends on if they kill my auras or not. If not then it's easy to medium. If enough of my auras are down then I'll likely die. And again, MR is painful, but the other shade stuns don't seem to affect me as much.
    Difficulty: Easy - Hard

Soldier: Depends on the individual. Against veteran soldiers I'm cannon fodder and versus newbs I win easily. Can't sit out AMS against good soldiers as they simply do too much damage.
    Difficulty: Easy - Very hard

Trader: If drains don't land, then it's 50/50. If 2 drains land then I'm toast.
    Difficulty: Medium - Very hard
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

Okay here comes my 2 cents.

220/30/70 Trox doc Rk1 in hp setup.

Bs odds and chance of win. Since its bs i have Rffe/Os/gsf and maybe mochies as OSB
    99% of the time. Maybe a Behe and something else to if i decide for some reason not to use
    coolant sink.

Agent: Agent can´t kill me 1vs1 if im ready for it. Most agents however tends to pop up from behind when im allready in a fight. I can kill him. If he stands still. Most agents run off when ubt lands.

Adventurer: He cant kill me. And I wont have enough time to take him down either. Most of them run off if someone from their side doesnt show up to end the fight.

Crat: crat 1vs1 Is a win for me. Crats rarely move alone though. Also takes alot of time to kill.

Another doctor: Usually i just run off since docs rarely move alone either. Most docs simply try to debuff and hope for someone to show up and finish the target. Docs fights are fun though.

Enforcers: Huge amounts of hp, dot removal, and insane nr with high ar and high dd plus chainstunning makes enf one of the most op profs atm. No weakspots at all. Usually try to move away from em.

Engineer: Takes longer time than most to kill, if possible. Usually someone else shows up before fights is over and kill either him or me depending whats side the other toon is.

Fixer: Fixers will throw away a couple of alphas and then run off when my dmg on them starts to take effect.

Keepers. Takes to long to kill, usually someone else shows up to settle the score.

Martial artists: Can go either way. Mostly depending if i have coolant sink on or not.

Mp´´s: With 2 nsd removals the battle often settles in my favor. In duels however i have little chance.

Nt´´s Nt 1vs1 fights are extremly rare. If they see me they usually just root and run off. Most nt tends to start their attacks when im fighting another target.

Shade: usually ends up with me winning. a ubt and 1 malp to get long debuff running then start doting.

Solder: Soldiers takes a long time to kill. They willl however not kill me 99% of the time 1vs1 in bs if im awake. Fighting a soldier 1vs1 until someone of us is killed is emtremly rare.

Traders: Ubt+1 malp to piss em of some and then run off.

This is GENERALLY speaking, exeptions happen in favor for me or the other part. But for the most part I rarelly have the time to kill a target. 95% of the time im dependent on who shows up during the fight. To end the fight in my or my targets favor.

If you bothered to read it all you see that docs rarely have a 1vs1 fight in bs until someone of us is dead.

Playing a doc in bs is like your´e being called in a tower wars fight constantly. If you have been called in a tower wars battle you know how it feels and how it will end.
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Dec 15th, 2009 at 05:48:57.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

220/30/70 Agent
    around 3004 ar, 2.9k def, 2350 nr (nr1). no towers or org contracts. 18.5k hp
    with towers and RI, i had slightly over 3.1k def
    I used to average around 6 to8 hours of pvp a day. I'm an endgame defensive agent. I typically fp sol and go doc.

Duels

Advies - I can survive their alpha without any trouble. Then i proceed to land ubt and kill them after a while.... Though good advies, can still survive well under ubt. So then it comes down to nano, a smart advy will use sister ring of merciless, I switch into nano gear though still run out of nano and i'm finished.

Typically easy, though the very best can be hard.

Agents - first to land ubt wins. If we duel without ubt, it usually comoes down to nano levels, first to go out loses. CLose to impossible to alpha an def agent with rrfe. AR agents are easy to alpha. Hotswap agents are also easier to alpha though you have to be more cautious around them especailly the def agents who swap to PE.

Med-Hard

Crat:
    Can't beat them in mimic doc anymore, win always in mimic soldier. Typically use FA kits and etc.

easy

Doctor:
    A few docs are alphable but some are leagues above me terms of alphability. I have a better chance of alphaing them if i land ubt in the beginning. Though if i fail my alpha, which typically happens, I'm finished due to combined deints of malp and ubt.

Hard

Enforcer:
    1hb/1he enfs impossible to withstand the alpha reliably. I occasionally survived in hp setup with sl ess ( had 30k hp) 13% reflect graft and mimic doc, but i typically lost. If i had rrfe in addition the odds improved, but that's not possible without waiting 20 mins or being osbed.

Extremely Hard

every other type of enf:
    alpha is easily survivable.

easy

Engineer:
    Impossible to beat....
    Extremely hard

Fixer:
    they can't withstand the 11 sec AS, and they can't alpha thru 18.5k with rrfe. So, i always win.

Easy

Keeper:
    Dueled keepers that hotswapped to AS and those that didn't, their alpha is pretty survivable. They eventually die to AS and perks.
    Easy

MA.
    No chance in beating them in doc. I use fp enf for sl ess, and mimic sol. Cast tms and tank. A really good MA, can survive 11 sec AS, i beat me. Though most,, typically fail.
    Medium-hard

MPs
    Haven't duel many, the good ones typical can outlast tms. They usually win unless i can perk them immediately in the beginning provided BE lands.

Hard

NTs,
    I remember raginmage having a very sick alpha. Though i did get better at dueling them with SL ess and mimic doc, still a very tough duel.
    Medium-Hard

Shade
    No chance in mimic doc due to nano drains. In sol, i have yet to lose.

Easy

Soldier
    If soldier doesn't RI, it's a fair fight. I have won my fair share and lost a few too (usually to bad timing on my part). Fun duels and all.

Medium

Traders:
    If i can't perk them in very beginning, I'm finished.
    Hard

Eridonis 220/25/60+ NT
    Have different setups depending on situations. We will assume I am setup for that certain profession in these examples. These are examples from my /duel prospective.

Agents - Hard - Good agents know when you're trying to trick them into CHing early, and if you do, they will land their stun on you to break up your perk/damage chaining. Too much HP/Healing/Stuns/Damage to kill good ones

Adventurers - Medium - In Ns2 mode, I can tank most. IU/SI/DM/Perks do more than enough damage to OD their healing.

Bureaucrats - Easy/Medium - Kite pets while lowering NR, Kill.

Doctors - Hard - For funsies, sometimes I'll duel a doc as long as they don't have an aimedshot weapon. Those duels can last a good hour+. Sometimes I get lucky and have killed a few, but for the most part, their HP/HD/Heals/Dots/Nukes/UBT Nanos and Procs are too much.

Enforcer - Medium/Hard - Some I have no problem tanking in NS2, others have tons of stuns and know how to play very well and will kill me all the time. Their healing is way too much for a tank to have in my opinion.

Engineer - Medium - A good engy can pose problems, especially when they know I am in NS2 mode and have their reflect shield ripper running. I can usually kite their pets easily enough while killing them. I don't lose often to engys

Fixer - Easy/Medium/Hard - I know we are talking about duels here, and in duels they are pretty easy, but they arent the cannon-fodder they want you to believe. Many have great survivability. Runspeed coupled with root resist... makes them hard to kill because you can't catch them

Keeper - Medium - Some are better than others. I take the same approach as killing advy's. Don't lose to many keepers.

Martial Artist - Medium - Good MAs can be a problem sometimes, but for the most part our nukes OD their healing.

Meta-Phys - Easy/Medium - Bow MPs are ofc a little harder because of AS, but for the most part you can kite the pets while killing MP.

Nano-Tech - Medium - Double NT's can sometimes beat me while in NS2 because of reflect ripping. I don't lose to many other NT's. I think experience is the only real factor for this.

Shade - Easy - Unless they are NR8 or Ganking you =p

Soldier - Easy/Medium - In NS2 mode, they can usually beat me. In Doubles mode, they dont really stand a chance

Trader - Medium/Hard - Usually duel traders in my NR2 setup. More often than not, they'll still land GTH and Drain on first or second try. Sometimes I get lucky though.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Lvl 165/20/max research full css fixer (almost max symbs/imps: brain inc when i like to take the time for it) with hawk and craphander, ql 150 Towers, treatment + nanoskill contracts atm. Mostly from a bs+tower perspective.

Adventurer: Bad ones can be alphad, rooted/snared and won't hit you much anyways. Medium ones take some time but it will be a win if no one interferes of course. The good ones will be a very long fight with a strong need to kite (if they are melee). Their strong multiple defense allows them to swallow every special alpha attempt (mostly only as burst and normhits will do some dmg), while they are still able to get hurting damage through a css fixers defense. With rrfe they are almost impossible to kill alone.

Agent: Bad ones are alpha fodder. Medium ones can be alphad too, but they have the potential to hurt you if no alpha is ready. Good ones are a very tough fight, normally the good ones i fight are doc, enf or sometimes trader. Each of these mimics makes a need to react different to them, still keeping the capped as and good normhitdmg. I also won't be able to alpha them except i got really lucky with capped as/fa, good burst and a critting normhit/fling (which happens very very rarely). But they are killable, with a agent 70:30 fixer ratio.

Crats: Bad and medium ones are easy targets. Good ones take a while, but the fight is almost every time a victory if i'm carefull (nukes + as can hurt, but normally i got a higher as range).

Docs: Bad ones are no problem. Medium ones can be alphad with a bit of luck, otherwise they take some time. Good ones are a long fight with always rooting them to keep em out of range while my dmg recharges, cause if they don't have to heal, they normally start spamming nukes, dots and as.

Enf: Bad ones are easy, medium ones take some time and won't get near you. Good ones must be kited. Their high ar allows them to hurt you with specials and normhits quite much, while you also get not to be underestimated dmg from shooting on them. Good enfs take time to get them down and if you make a mistake in positioning yourself it can be quite deadly.

Engi: Bad and medium ones are no problem, good ones can hurt you, but normally you will kill them with after a while.

Fixer: ---

Keepers: Bad and medium ones are easy targets, Good ones take some time, but they will not hurt you much, almost sure win.

MA: Bad ones die fast, medium ones take a little time. For good ones it's about AS and normhits. So it will be no fast fight. But it's easy to keep them on distance so normally just a few as from bowsap will be able to hurt you a bit.

MP: Bad and medium ones are gone with an alpha. Good ones not. And these good ones can really hurt you, while compensating the dmg you can put out. So against a good mp it's very hard to win, but still possible.

NT: Bad ones, can be alphad, but it's the only profession i can think of which can hurt me hard in a gimp-state. Ok it's just 1 double that sometimes hits me before they die, but that's most times 60% hp. Medium ones. If my alpha is ready, they die fast. If not i got problems and have to retreat before they can take action. So the good ones: Won't be able to alpha them, so it's most surely a loss if i can not get away fast enough. With certain circumstances (in terms of terrain) it's possible to take them out, but it needs good timing and use of my toolset.

Soldiers: Bad ones can be alphad or if tms is up i can stand tip to toe with them and wait till it's down. Medium ones are the same, without standing tip to toe. Good ones need to be rooted when tms is up, and also with tms down they are a threat cause they can push good dmg through my evades.

Shade: Bad and medium ones are very easy. Good ones take some time and can hurt, but with keeping them at distance and kiting it's a sure win.

Trader: Bad ones die fast. Medium ones die quite fast too, they may be able to get off one drain but that wont stop me from killing them. Good ones can with luck (chance of 15% i would say) be alphad and if that is not the case they will almost surely win.

220/30/70 solitus fixer.
    Setup is except of under QL 300 EOE pretty much excellent for high HP/AR style.

Adventurer:
    Ranged can take forever, melee generally has better chance to hurt more and vise versa. Either way, odds are most of the time odds are going for adv. Dunno what can be done here. Maybe tone down their insane defenses at least.

Agents:
    Good ones can be tough, but with Wake Up Call things are going bit smoother than before. Ones with low HP/next to none evades die after second CH. If they run another mimic, they're dead, def-setup FP trader might have a chance. Hopefully new mimic stuff will make these fights more interesting.

Bureucrat:
    Tweaked pets can hurt a lot. But without permastun they are most likely to die. Good ones will stand until CiB goes down. Give them their permastun back, just let it have lesser duration.

Doctor:
    They will win or outlast until I fall asleep.

Enforcer:
    If I kite, they are most likely going down. 1/1 can be interesting, if it's 1hb/1he and fully twinked opponent, odds are going for the enf, but still can be a tough fight. Very balanced.

Engineer:
    First thing to do is spam their blockers off. Then they hit coon I just get frustrated. Even if I kite, on a long run the engi will win. Most of the time there is no chance to kill pvp-engi alone. If specials get worked as speculated, I'm requiring some kind of shield ripper to have a chance.

Fixer:
    Craphander roulette. Very balanced fight if luck counts as a skill. If AS gets evade check, fixers will just simply start ignoring each other on the battlefield.

Keeper:
    I will get them unless they run away to a safe zone. Very hard to root/snare some of them. These guys need some offensive love.

Martial artist:
    Those can alpha me to near death, and so I can do to them. It's a very fast and balanced race. If SA/AS/FA are getting shared recharge, my chances will get better.

Meta-physicist:
    Bow users die. Shield wielders live long and prospect. Can be a good fight. These guys need a) longed durations to debuffs b) shorter recharges on hostile nanos.

Nano-technician:
    Remains of Taranide. Good ones can deal against me even without doubles/triples, and that's where the fight can be balanced and fair. Glad they are going to fix this issue.

Shade:
    Goes down. If I get surprised and stunned, with my HP I can most of the time outlast and alpha back. I think these guys need some root/snare resistance, they have way enough offense.

Soldier:
    Very boring "fight". There's nothing I can do until AMS is over. I'd like to have NSD-like reflect hacking ability to have a chance to fight back.

Trader:
    It's an alpha race. This fight is very balanced. I'm not going to perk ECM because of the 2 TL7 traders active on server through. Worm ICE line needs some new features to make it worthwile.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

You know I like this thread even thou I think most of devs (is there any left? ) won't pay any attention to this. But it's still pretty interesting to read off players' experiencies with and against different proffessions. Now I'd like to share some of my experiences as well:

Martial Artist 220/30/70
    My first serious char. My first love. I've spent many and many hours on this char. And many bils too.

Equip - He's got top pre-LoX setups for both PvP and PvM including various situations (soloing, damage dealing, pushing high AR etc.).

PvM - I can't say what it was like at lower levels because I was froob in that time but generally the more closer to 220 the more better. Damage output with MA is more than satisfying. I can also solo pretty much anything but it requires some serious changes to my equip and perks. However what I find kinda frustrating is finding a team as MA. It's fine as long as you look for XP/SK team only. The extra damage is always nice there. But when it comes to specific instances - MA's are pushed aside. They've got nothing to offer but damage and very rarely tanking abilities. Otherwise I feel just fine about MA's in PvM.

PvP - Well MA's. They have never been shining in PvP but they're nowhere near bottom neither. But it takes lots of knowledge, credits and swapping. Most of PvP situations goes like - you either kill quick or you die quick. The biggest issue is low RS when you can't chase your opponent effectively. Melee classes should have high RS. Also I've been very frustrated with all the swapping of stuff s. I screw my alpha on daily basis thanks to this. You know the situation when you end up with bow equipped while in recharge. And without swapping MA is not viable in PvP.
    If I had to pick two profs that annoy me most then it'd be definitely docs and traders. Docs became pretty hard to alpha as every single doc switched to HP setup and they gained some powerful nanos (Malpractice) on top of it. In mass pvp they're just annyoing. They can't kill me unless I stick around them for too long. Traders are worse. Their drains can't be resisted if they're predrained and once they drain me it's game over. I can do nothing. /chicken that's it. This is slightly different in duels because I can actually resist their first drain or two (if they don't predrain) and alpha them down. But still this is the only prof that makes me leave BS on most of my toons. No matter what level it is. I haven't had the chance to meet ranged adv after the patch thou
    Last edited by Scottik; Feb 8th, 2010 at 21:20:35.

150/10/35(? ish?) nanogimp doc. ql 200 miy's, crappy symbs, cfb/nanomage alium tank, 8k hp on a good day, 600ish AR (read: belamorte with legs)

i only do BS because i absolutely *HAVE* to, since FC doesn't provide any other viable way of earning VP

i tab around. whenever i see an enemy i UBT and run because i know that ill probably die within the next 4-6 seconds. usually UBT doesn't land and i die. sometimes UBT lands and i escape. sometimes UBT lands and i die anyway. usually don't have enough time to check the enemy profession because by the time i press t i'm already in the decon room. i think in the whole time i've done BS i've killed one person and that was because i happened to run into a middle of a fight and my teammate was already winning.

kill:death ratio 0:9002

but at least i'm getting vp, right?

best survivability is to get into a mech in the decon room and read a book while pressing a and d repeatedly to avoid getting afk kicked.
    Last edited by CuisinartBlade; Feb 9th, 2010 at 00:00:16.

220/25/69 Solitus Engineer (Endgame PvP setup)

Engineers typically have what I would consider a fairly balanced defensive defensive toolset. Blockers (dear god remove team blockers!) and cocoon are very powerful, however lowest in-game evades, cocoon nerfs and a lack of healing balance these. Engineer offense is low to average. Pets do next to nothing if you're facing a half competent opponent and we have poor personal weapon support. I, and many other engineers, have chosen to enhance personal offense by the use of unsupported weapons (AS Pistol) but we still lack the perks and AR in order to utilise a successfully alpha.

With regards to killing people, engineers are very strong against professions with poor healing who generally rely on reflects, as we can remove these. However we are weak against professions that can heal, or have high non-special damage options (perks or nukes) as bicocoon disappears very quickly.

This means, I typically have the upperhand on soldiers, MPs and keepers but will go squish if I come up against advys, enfs, NTs or decent shades. The other professions are typically hit or miss and generally end in stalemate but I try my damnedest to avoid docs and traders because of their ability to screw over pets.
    Main
    Forek 220/30

Alts
    Dreadoc 220/27
    Mellifluous 220/27
    Forefix 178/18

Bow Level 220/22/70 MP a bit outdated setup, no Xan goodies, didn't bother with all intelligent symbs due to minor improvements they bring. I'm not using Nanobot Contingent Arrest because of it's silly implementation (unfair, unbalanced, luck based).

Adventurer:
    Melee ones are even fight, taking one down takes some time though - lucky mezz pet "root" helps, pistol ones rip through my defenses easily, no escape possible, unless lucky mezz pet "root" happens, heal pet is the weakest spot, it's usually calmed 90% of time.

Agent:
    They used to be an easy kill, even without (e)NSD. But I must say they are even fight today, because of BE and some extra Xan AR boost. Even defensive ones will perk bow MP, if our evade procs are not up.

Bureaucrat:
    Latest pistol love brought plenty of firepower to these. It used to be an even fight (after stun procs removal and before pistol love), now it's just a frustration - impossible to use calm removers and keep your defenses up properly (SS recharge, eNSD recharge). Lucky eNSD "spam" (meaning, landing 3 eNSDs in a row, on ones that don't have ND perked) can lead to eventual win.

Doctor:
    Without Nanobot Contingent Arrest, even fight, with it, too easy. If it somehow gets nasty, it's possible to walk away.

Enforcer:
    2he don't pose a serious threat, but you can't really stop them from leaving if they chose to (mezz pet ineffective due to high NR, ability to use fear nano), 1he/1hb ones are like a steamroller on steroids. AS doesn't cap that often on high HP targets. So, 2he is even fight, 1he/hb just rolls over you.

Engineer:
    Extremely boring fight - constant pet snare removal, inability to damage them with AS, feels like if a very smelly person sat next to you in the bus (you just want to be someplace else). Usually trying to gank doggie and walk away. AS pistol ones probably pose much bigger threat, I didn't stay that long in game to find out.

Fixer:
    If they stick around, forget about pets, spam nukes + AS. I would say even fight, if they don't chose to leave and then come back shortly after to finish you, while you are fighting to find your lost pets and untangle them from snare.

Keeper:
    OK, you have to help these guys. However, some rare tricky ones can time their "alpha" properly. Easy.

Martial artist:
    I would say fairly easy fight, just because they tend to run away. Some that chose not to run can dish out some serious damage. In that case, even fight.

Meta-physicist:
    Even fight. SoZ MPs are usually much easier (ability to use debuffs freely, without SS recharge annoyance) to take down then bow MPs.

Nano-technician:
    Requires at least 2 debuffs to make it even fight, none of them land easily. The most effective tactic is usage of root grafts (no need to go into details) - lame tactic tbh. Hard fight, but doable. Very hard if they surprise you.

Shade:
    If they jump on you, you are toast, if you jump on them and keep them away, they are toast. Fairly easy fight, when you have control from the beginning.

Soldier:
    SMG ones rip my defenses apart, walking sharks are fairly easy to fight with debuffs alone, maybe a need to throw a SS when fight is coming to an end. If they chose to gank my heal pet instead, they drop me out of fight for 1-2 minutes, even when they die.

Trader:
    GTH spam, NSD removal, NR debuff, YEEiyF, heal pet calm, unable to win with AS alone.
    Last edited by Klod9003; Feb 10th, 2010 at 16:27:58.

Too few shades posting :S

(At)Roxshade 220/23/70 somwhere between Decent to twinked i guess. Almost full alphas, need a vision thingy from alb and skiiiillls.

Advys:
    BS: Ranged once, usually wins when i MR alpha them (Hide behind a wall and MR, run out and gnak them fun as hell) If they attack me first, i usually just run (Ofc depends on the advy)

BS: Melee once, never had a problem defeating them or outlasting them until i get some assistance (except for scumtron, nerf u) Since they got no reliable dmg except for sneak every 40 sec and conc perks, but then again i have been sneak/conc perks/dimach/AS alphaed a few times.

Duels: Both go under the same category here, MR is teh win. Have to be sneaky bout it tho, if not i end up dumping most of my alpha into coon and they can easily out heal the rest.

Agents: Defensive once can be a B**ch in BS if they pop from sneak (Ellu Somairot ) But motr/mr gnak usually wins. If motr is down they usually root/AS's me to death.

Crats: Hmm, inits debuffs slows down MR since it casts a nano prog on u.(I acctually didnt know that before liek a few months ago when i dueled a crat O.o) And pet dmg + nukes and AS wears me down pretty quick, cant SHD to keep my hp cause of inits either, MR gank can win if they popped DtB at start cause they were expecting a starting MR gank. Not to much experience vs. crats on my shade tho, i usually avoid rooters. (This was dueling experience for some reason btw ) Most fights are in favor of the crat.

Docs: Docs are always fun fighting, the fights i enjoy the most both duels and BS. Ofc they can be annoying with their ubt/dots and kiting. And the nanomage once pisses me off something cause they can pop absorb mid-stun. Pretty much balanced if they know what their doing.

Enfs: Depends on the enf and my setup. Damn 1hb/1he enfs can perk me if i dont pop cib, but i win most fights vs. enfs in duels. In BS its a diffrent story, prolly just my gimpy playing tho :P But dueling a enf is always fun. wts their def tho, cant perk some of them with highway (or wtf its called) up :/ Pretty balanced in duels (yea imagine that :O ) i would say.

Engis: In BS they are great fun, alpha kills 90% of all engis within the stun time (even trough nano coon) if alpha phailed run/kite and try again once dmg perks are up (Phails if u stepped on a mine or snare touched u tho :S) Dueling engis .. only dueled 1 (i think) and i phailed once because i was retarded and alphaed into his coon for some reason (lack of sleep ) but i won the 2nd one, drain his doggie and hope pet procs wont land on u, then alpha once coon is down. Fun in BS, h8 in duels, pets do to much dmg combined with AS gun (If he/she gotz it)

Fix: Annoying. No need to say more.

Keepers: Also annoying, but can be fun dueling (I never use nemesis nano) and i usually dont MR vs. keepers. Had quite a few good keeper duels.

MAs: Specials keels me, a well timed MR gank usually does the trick tho. In BS they can be fun fighting (wtb 11s sneak tho )

MPs: Very limited experience, if their shield MR alpha or drain does the trick most of the time. If their bow i can mostly perk them.

NTs: In duels .. mmm ... In BS, stun, impale, gore, heca, perforate, Lacerate + sneak usually does the trick unless they nano coon and /or NS once stun wears off, then im dead. 1 vs. 1 results in my death if i dont get a alpha off, or i go and perk NR :/

Other shades: Phun Phun Phun, especially vs. other trox's.

Sols: Assault rifle once are too easy in duels, hard in BS (FA / Burst seem to cap everytime O.o)

KEC3 once are moderate in duels, annoying in BS.
    Smg once are hard in duels and BS, too much dmg since i gotta go low hp to outheal AS and that nerfs my def.

Traders: If i see them first it results in their death. 1 drain pretty much renders me useless. Ofc u can always resort to MR ganking. And roots gimps shades.

Ook, here's my gimpy cents. From my experience shades (trox once atleast) haz a pretty good chance of killing all profs, ofc every1 haz a good chance of killing me too.

- Peace Rox.
    Last edited by Burgly; Feb 11th, 2010 at 03:51:57.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234