Thread: Make FC's description of Agent profession true - Here ideas how

Make FC's description of Agent profession true - Here ideas how

Agent

An Agent’s life is spent in the shadows.
    This is not true at the moment, here's how and a good solution to it: click

TL;DR: Being in snake is boring, moving speed is too slow. Proposed changes: Make movement in sneak dependent on concealment skill. Something like this:
    1000 conceal = 25% of RS
    2000 conceal = 50% of RS
    3000 conceal = 75% of RS

Agents focus on concealment and subterfuge skills and one of their special abilities is going undercover.
    Also not true at the moment, you can detect agents in a zerg so easily it's actually ironic that we have this in our Professional description. Take scale reducers out of Ruse of Taren nanos and agent specific nanos, we need to be able to look like other professions. Another proposed change is to make agents able to attack with our main weapon while displaying another one from the social tab, should be an agent-only ability. Anyway it may be, scale reducers must be taken out of ruse of taren nanos, we're so easily detectable this way.

Doing so enables them to use nanotechnology normally only available to other professions.
    This, continue opening nanos for the agent profession, your going in the right direction with this point at this moment. One other thing, remember agents are also capable of FPing to equip other profession's items. This part has largely been forgotten, it would be nice you revamp this area as you did with the FPable nanos.

When it comes to combat, the Agent’s speciality is sniping opponents with high velocity rifles using unique nanotechnology to further increase the damage.
    I said it before and I'll say it again, cap all agent's perks to 40m, we're snipers. It's common sense, I think there is no need for further explanations.

PvM damage seems like it's going to increase with the new changes in perks, so probably there's no need to ask for this, but a rifle that takes advantage of our Crit % would be a good thing to have as the rifles we have at our disposition at the moment are a joke compared with other weapons, what's the point of being a sniper throwing critical hits at people's foreheads if we hit with one the lowest criticals hits of any profession? "Oh I think a mosquito just bit me in the forehead" I know that RL =/= Videogames, but sniper rifle shots are more destructive that .44 Magnums shots at point-blank range, just so you know.

Great post. It hits on alot of nice issues and provides reasonable, but not ridiculous solutions to them.

I would also add, change our PvP title to display as other profession's titles. It will make us a little more "blend-in".

I love changes that will make the Agent profession fun to play again.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    Agent
    This, continue opening nanos for the agent profession, your going in the right direction with this point at this moment. One other thing, remember agents are also capable of FPing to equip other profession's items. This part has largely been forgotten, it would be nice you revamp this area as you did with the FPable nanos.
    I would like to have Agents able to turn back to true prof without dying and any penalty. The true prof nano for Tl7 agent is good approach. But I would something like this.

A new true prof nano that wipe NCU. This way the agent will not able to get to hold all the buffs across all prof to gain unfair advantages.

technically that is not much advantages between

1. FP X prof ----> Dies -----> Rezzing ----> FP Y prof.
    2. FP X Prof ----> True prof nano -----> NCU wipe ----> FP Y prof.

I would really prefer agents to able to change their FP accordingly. something like a Shape shifter to deal with different situation.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    A new true prof nano that wipe NCU. This way the agent will not able to get to hold all the buffs across all prof to gain unfair advantages.
    You mean like Nanobot Suicide that for some reason was removed from the game?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    You mean like Nanobot Suicide that for some reason was removed from the game?
    Something like that but the nano turn agent back to true prof and only remove beneficial buffs, not debuffs. Otherwise it will be over powered.

I like to be an Agent wheres, "Now a you see me as Soldier, I hide somewhere else, cast a 10-15 sec cast time true prof nano, 10 min later I came back as fully buffed an Enfo" Since this nano has a different negative effects like ncu wipe, this nano will not have that 20min lock from recasting, unlike the TL7 nano. The TL7 nano is preventing agent to be a shapeshifter during raid.

Since u are Agent professional
    Another additional idea regarding Agent changing sides. When Agent changes sides, dont kick them out of org. Keep them in org, keep the towers, just remove their org tag names below their name in the public, so they become just an ordinary an orgless agent on opposite side.
    Last edited by Ceenah2; Nov 20th, 2009 at 00:19:32.

Agent

Also not true at the moment, you can detect agents in a zerg so easily it's actually ironic that we have this in our Professional description. Take scale reducers out of Ruse of Taren nanos and agent specific nanos, we need to be able to look like other professions. Another proposed change is to make agents able to attack with our main weapon while displaying another one from the social tab, should be an agent-only ability. Anyway it may be, scale reducers must be taken out of ruse of taren nanos, we're so easily detectable this way.
    What I'd really like to see instead of Ruse changing scale is an effect similar to what the Cloaking Device provides. That way, we'd be harder to see in mass PVP while still being tabbable, and would be at least somewhat visible in solo to anyone who has nano effects turned on. Make the visibility of the agent lower with higher-level Ruse nanos. This would be great for some other reasons, too, not the least of which are the irksome geometry and view problems we have at the moment. I've never played in first person, but it would be nice to at least have the option to .

Another idea, make Crawling more useful, Make crawling untabbable.

Make Crawling increase Critical, AR for agents.

Agent

Erm dunno about you but trying to click on an agent to target him is a pita. Even on a pure aesthethic level, on my agent I like being all tiny and running around.

Even still if you do look the same size etc, when ppl press 't' on you, they'll usually see proffession doctor there and attack you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Another idea, make Crawling more useful, Make crawling untabbable.

Make Crawling increase Critical, AR for agents.
    Would be uber to have a crawling gank squad of agents on top of those whompah looking things at BS teleporters...
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

errrr none should be untabbable.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

1. I agree with this, although possibly make it a global change for everyone though agents will tend to get the best use out of the change

2. I'd think "detecting" a tiny person in the middle of most action tends to be not as easy as you make it out to be, specially if theres any long grass nearby which can completly hide a tiny agent.

Possibly bring an agent only special version of the cloaking device that allows combat during them (although those devices effect tends to be buggy at best having to requip it each time someone new comes into range) or revamp their holograms they can get to make them a viable tool.

3. I dont think opening more nanos up would be a good thing, for some classes you already have access to most the nanos their wanted for and opening more would just make some classes more redundant if they can get an agent to do same job + more.

As for equipment, that tends to be less relevant these days when agents have their own set of armour thats not that bad or have access to alien armour and such, but that would be fine it would just require an complete change to current armour sets and there should be still a few specialized peices agents can't FP into to.

4. Sounds good, although ideally having them check weapon range would probably be best.

What's the point of move speed in sneak scaling so heavily on conceal and RS... It would just mean that lowbies are exponentially slower, which is a bad idea just like engie blockers that improve exponentially and are quite gimpy even at TL5. Something like 1 conceal = 0,5 points conceal-RS should do quite well, even if it would mean there were cases where someone would move faster in conceal than visibile... Plus snares would have to affect the conceal moving speed too of course.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

make it an all around 75% of your runspeed unless conceal is more then say 2500, at which point it becomes 100%

this would result in only the endgame concealment focused characters will get faster sneak, but everyone else will get a decent rate of moving in sneak

100% speed while concealed is just wrong, for a sort duration with the use of bail-type nano would be great.
    75% with over 3k conceal and around 50% for over 2,5k sounds good to me, along with an instant perk-like actions which allows you to reconceal in the middle of a fight, with some sensible recharge.

I've never seen any reason for most stealth moves in games to be slower, generally stealth is better being swift and silent, moving at a snails pace just makes it more likely for you to be seen.

And in AO I see no major advantage of people being able to move normal speed while stealthed...