Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Group Perk Prof Delineation

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Removing is so boring... How about a trade it, maybe for Corporate Protection and Industrial Sabotage?
    how about trade acrobat for a couple of evade procs, and a small evade perk (like the one keepers are getting)

advy certainly doesn't need acrobat. I don't even think any of them use it. They just coon CH and stuff.

That seems more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I don't even think any of them use it.
    if they don't, then why bother to remove it?
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

how about trade acrobat for a couple of evade procs, and a small evade perk (like the one keepers are getting)

advy certainly doesn't need acrobat. I don't even think any of them use it. They just coon CH and stuff.

That seems more reasonable.
    Errr.....yes, we most certainly do use it. In fact, until they started unchaining perk actions, two of the melee perks required both Limber and DoF to be running.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

If anything, cocoon isn't really needed that much. I'd like some extra reflects though (stackable with usual stuff) if that goes away though, doesn't matter if it's perk, proc or nano. Bio Shield gives 2% anyway.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    If anything, cocoon isn't really needed that much. I'd like some extra reflects though (stackable with usual stuff) if that goes away though, doesn't matter if it's perk, proc or nano. Bio Shield gives 2% anyway.
    3% actually. 1 in 9, 2 in 10 at least, thats what I recall.

I wouldn't argue with reflects, since they don't make you invincible.

The problem is that advies have such good offence that they can totally slack on AR and still get away with perking hard to hit profs, while maximizing their own defences.

That's quite all right then, I'll trade coon for AMS

But that "totally slack on AR" is really, either badly formed in the sense that you meant to say something else, but now it sounds like it doesn't matter if I have 2800 AR and I'll be perking top end MAs.

Not to mention that those 100% perks we have currently aren't very easy to land at all, and the pistol perks are due to change. Isn't that going to change that "able Slack on AR" fact so we can't maximise defense? It's a serious question - you really think additional nerfing is required?

What I'm really waiting for is how the AS changes pan out though.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

logic fail: if group perks were specificly adjusted by ur prof they would become prof perks, duh! just coz several perks have the same name but do different things doesent mean they are group perks.

holy crap quit your whining people

Yes ranged perks need to have a higher resist check, like at least 95%. Aside from that there's nothing wrong with advs as they are. Advs have lower static AR than most profs and honestly it's ridiculously hard for us to perk most half-decent people unless we have a damn near perfect setup (speaking from the point of view of a melee adv with 100% resist checks).

Honestly if the ranged perks are returned to 95-100% resist check advies will be balanced enough with most other profs at TL7.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Quote Originally Posted by EmSeeBee View Post
    holy crap quit your whining people

Yes ranged perks need to have a higher resist check, like at least 95%. Aside from that there's nothing wrong with advs as they are. Advs have lower static AR than most profs and honestly it's ridiculously hard for us to perk most half-decent people unless we have a damn near perfect setup (speaking from the point of view of a melee adv with 100% resist checks).

Honestly if the ranged perks are returned to 95-100% resist check advies will be balanced enough with most other profs at TL7.
    and 40 second recharge on AS and I'll agree, they are about equal with other profs, except that they have better defence than everyone else.

Ok, so, better defence and 11 s AS, and a multitude of escape tactics so they can choose the figth on their terms, EVERYTIME? ya. thats fair.

If you ask me, with the ability to choose their fights and all their escape tactics, they should be significantly weaker in AR, evades AND absorbs.

Timing is everything. if they can run away during AMS/coon/ DOF/ ES, and come back later, it's a huge advantage which should NOT be taken lightly.

So many people underestimate the power of choosing their fight, unrootable, and high runspeed.

Why noone has mentioned the incoming defcheck AS yet?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Why noone has mentioned the incoming defcheck AS yet?
    Because all we can really discuss about it, is the vague musings Means has had about it in a post or two, without any actual details as to how it will actually work?

Hey I guess someone mentioned it and it's now been discussed as far as it can be.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

It was actually on test for a week or so.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

The problem is that advies have such good offence that they can totally slack on AR and still get away with perking hard to hit profs, while maximizing their own defences.
    This made me lol. Melee advy offense is pretty bad, with us TOPPING at around 3k AR if you start sacrificing HP and evades/NR. Ranged advys are a bit OP on the offense side, but those 80% checks are already planned to be nerfed.

Honestly people, have any of you even played an adventurer before you complain? If you dropped either Acro or Coon without revamping the rest of the profession significantly you would have a profession useful for morphs and nothing else. Our static evades are not anywhere near as quality as a keeper and even enforcers can get more static defense than us if they twink towards it and rely on challenger/procs for AR. There are slews of ways for most professions to overcome an advy; just cause you don't know them or aren't good enough to perform them does not mean they don't exist.

When SL first came out, heck yeah advies were overpowered with the perks and other changes they were given. However, over the years they have certainly come back down to earth (again, excepting the very OP ranged advy offense) to become a class with moderate offense and good defenses. Unfortunately, these whines haven't changed since SL came out :\ WTB original whines please.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    This made me lol. Melee advy offense is pretty bad, with us TOPPING at around 3k AR if you start sacrificing HP and evades/NR. Ranged advys are a bit OP on the offense side, but those 80% checks are already planned to be nerfed.

Honestly people, have any of you even played an adventurer before you complain? If you dropped either Acro or Coon without revamping the rest of the profession significantly you would have a profession useful for morphs and nothing else. Our static evades are not anywhere near as quality as a keeper and even enforcers can get more static defense than us if they twink towards it and rely on challenger/procs for AR. There are slews of ways for most professions to overcome an advy; just cause you don't know them or aren't good enough to perform them does not mean they don't exist.

When SL first came out, heck yeah advies were overpowered with the perks and other changes they were given. However, over the years they have certainly come back down to earth (again, excepting the very OP ranged advy offense) to become a class with moderate offense and good defenses. Unfortunately, these whines haven't changed since SL came out :\ WTB original whines please.
    Pretty sure he was talking about Ranged Advies with their 80% checking perks.

Which if current proposals go live, is getting nerfed.

Talking about your "static" defences is kinda funny though, considering you can continuously cycle Limber and DoF, without any gap in between.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Pretty sure he was talking about Ranged Advies with their 80% checking perks.

Which if current proposals go live, is getting nerfed.

Talking about your "static" defences is kinda funny though, considering you can continuously cycle Limber and DoF, without any gap in between.
    Even if he is talking exclusively about ranged advies, he's proposing a change that would affect ALL advies and you can't ignore that melee exist too.

Regarding your comment about 'static' defenses, i haven't compared the numbers recently but i -think- keepers are still harder to hit than advy's during limber. Haven't confirmed that though and of course it would vastly depend on melee vs ranged (css adding 210 pts) and other minor equipment choices.

This is part of the trouble of balancing advy and making blanket statements about their defenses: the aspect of melee v ranged and the gear changes associated with it (+210 evades being the biggest i can think of). Unfortunately many buuhuu posters are too short-sighted to see this :\
    Last edited by Bonghigs; Nov 28th, 2009 at 00:03:38. Reason: clarified a few thoughts
    Proud Member of Paradise

Regarding your comment about 'static' defenses, i haven't compared the numbers recently but i -think- keepers are still harder to hit than advy's during limber.
    Ill help Hacre on this: LöL no. Adv even without Limber has same or more def than Keeper.

Adv is OP compared to Keeper. Keep needs love. Im hoping RS and Parry/Riposte (way better than other melees).
    If that will be what it should: Keeper will get 3 times the benefit from those skills than any other melee.
    This is part of the trouble of balancing advy and making blanket statements about their defenses: the aspect of melee v ranged and the gear changes associated with it (+210 evades being the biggest i can think of). Unfortunately many buuhuu posters are too short-sighted to see this :\
    Adv balancing = Kill that AS and the new way too fast team heal. so..FC has said both of those. AS nerf inc And heal nerf inc.

Jebus, get with the program boi.

/normally I Hate that guy, but I know he or Mac gonna say something which I agree, and that cant be. Yer ugly btw Hacre. Saw you in shower today.
    Last edited by Soosis; Nov 28th, 2009 at 04:35:03.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12