Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sign here if you would like a pure PvE server

Thumbs up

I have never been a pvper and don't expect I even shall be. I'm all for a non pvp server. I also think a pvp server is an excellent idea. People can go there and let off steam.

Cool PVE Please

Yea, I'd prefer PvE Server. I do some RVR in DAOC, but would prefer to be able to hunt and explore without worrying about the PvP (typically Grief) players around every corner.

Question 1 Qes

For all of the people replying with wanting a pve server because of pkers and greifers.

How many of you have been pked or griefed by someone in AO in a zone other than h20 and mmd?

The reasson I say not h20 or mmd is because they are the known pvp zones all pvpers goto those zones do not want to fight same sided players. But I would like to know how many of you have even been pked or griefed in the 1st place, I have been playing since 1st aug 2001 and have not once been pked/griefed going to/coming from mission/hunting once ever.

The only time I have ever died to another player is in h20, mmd, or camalot which I knew before I steped foot in the zone it was probally going to happen.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Yazule, I apologize if I implied you were a sociopath. The first part of my post was a statement of my personal ethics, not something I would force on anyone else. I can understand the PK mentality because I've already walked that road and made a concious decision to turn back.

In the second half, I was differentiated between PvP and PKing. I have no problem with people competing by PvP. But the is a difference between competitive and predatory behavior. I don't PvP. Therefor there is no 'win' in engaging in PvP against me. Competition requires two or more sides. How proud of your win will you be if your target doesn't fight back? Might as well go hunt hampsters.

As for why someone who isn't into PvP would play AO, consider the options. Asheron's Call had/may still have serious game mechanic problems. EQ has lost all sense of proportion. DAoC has serious content problems. The question is will AO survive the advent of Shadowbane and SWG; hopefully FC will build a strong enough game to withstand the hits.

Originally posted by Ulujain
    PvP in a MMORPG = dumb. You wanna pay $13 a month to kill another player in a virtual manner? Especially in a poorly thought out and unbalanced manner. Then you're a sucker and you're being ripped off. The first-person shooters make you sick with vertigo, do they?
    Hahahahaha, couldn't agree more, luv. Seriously, randomness in a competitive game is fun, but the concept of levelling up and using "fake skills" to win is ridiculous.

*/me recalls "PvP" event when I used to play AD&D* I pulled out my warrior, friend pulled out his wizard.

"I will cast hold person."
    "I rolled a 5, hit, you've been interrupted." I rolled again "16 damage."
    "I will cast acid arrow then."
    "I rolled a 8, hit, you've been interrupted again. 11 damage. You're dead."
    "That was stupid."
    "Yeah it was. Where's the DM?"

UT was my PvP environment. Granted, I always WIN but I played lots of counterstrike and I suck at that game.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Oh and please provide transfers to this server because if everyone starts out on new server together it will be massive crowding in non-mission hunting areas for under 50 for the first month.

umm NO... when they give me the option to go BACK to RK1 like I was supposed to LAST CHRISTMAS then you can have your wish, not a moment before.

You want no pvp just come to RK2.

There is only 1 mayhem zone left fyi, and nobody in it. There is only 2ho and meet 25%. 90% of AO is non-pvp.

when was the last time someone posting for a non-pvp server got killed in non-concentual pvp?

any of you that respond to that think about where it was (2h0). You cant avoid 1 friggin zone.

basically I hear people who like the concept of non-pvp, guess what you got it!

Now go to RK2 and you got it in spades. I go to meet and 2ho often and dont even see a soul! RK2 IS non pvp server

so just pipe down already

oh wait, now I get it, you want to camp the uber loot of the dragon zone with no risk (nobody Dies to the dragon in a raid anymore ). ahhhh I get it, you want to be able to camp in peace. I wonnder how many of these posters are OT with loot envy. roflol.

this is not eq (love it or hate it, it is not)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yazule:

Too right..
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234