Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sign here if you would like a pure PvE server

Sign here if you would like a pure PvE server

I know there are people asking for a PvP server, but I would rather see a pure PvE server.

A server where every zone is huntable without the worry about being ganked by someone 20 - 100 levels higher. You only have to worry about the mobs.

A server where you could go to Tir and Omni-1 and not be attacked by the opposing factions guards.

A cooperative server where the idea is to beat the best Funcom can throw at ya. Org raids on extremely difficult mobs that require perfect execution to defeat.

A server where the non-existant story doesnt matter, cause Rubi-Ka becomes one world with the citizens united against the monsters and nasties that inhabit the planet.

Clan, Neutral, Omni all in the same Org, heck we wouldnt even need to chose a faction, cause on this server it doesnt matter.

Think it will work? Look at EQ; PvE servers = 38, PvP servers = 4 and the PvP servers have much much lower populations.

DAoC is going to be implementing a cooperative PvE server, and I bet that becomes their most popular server...

Funcom couldnt lose with this server.

Id be all about that server. Not only fits my gameplay style better.. class balance is far easier to manage. But FC would actually have to implement AI in there mobs.. i mean humping walls and shooting isnt really great AI. But id definitely move to it.

A carebear server would have my full support.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

PvPers are lonely SOBs that need levels to win cause they can't even beat people in Street Fighter anyway. I can live without em.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

I have no doubt that it would be the most popular server. I'm a carebear, I would definitely be there. Alternatively, I really wouldn't mind seeing a pure PvP server (where one has to reroll, not port a character over), as I think that would, in essence, provide the same effect for the rest of us. It would definitely have a low ongoing population, though. I have no objections to PvP'ers having what they consider to be 'fun', but I do have a rather lengthy list of objections to them interfering with my own game play and day to day activites. As it is, they are already griefing everyone, in a way, by their constant whining and the resultant nerfs.

Arrow

If they moved Tar out of camelot, AO would effectively be like this. Theres a couple zones you really don't have to go to (or WANT to go to) at all. So much is 75% now. Theres a couple highlevel spots that mean something, but nothing that means anything for lower levels.

Yet somehow PvP is the "most important" thing in every insert latest nerf demand here post
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I have not launched AO in months, and am considering canceling, but if a carebare server was added I would join for sure...
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf

Originally posted by Paxton
    PvPers are lonely SOBs that need levels to win cause they can't even beat people in Street Fighter anyway. I can live without em.
    lol I cant even comprehend how pathetic someone who bashes people he does not even know is compaired to the rest of us.

you dont like pvp fine, why would you want to attack half of the server like that?

guess what, if you have ever pvp'd even once you are by definition a pvper.

that is well more than half of the server.

people pvp because AI is so stupid it is easy to kill unless it is designed to not be killable. In other words, your pvm is pathetic compaired to pvp. Now if you are a role player in a game with war and you dont pvp or at least see its need then you are a pretty pathetic role player

PS I feel sorry for you sitting there behind your computer hating for no apparent reason.

PPS the chances of a pve server are about the same as a pvp server = 0%

they have three servers and only one has enough population to justify.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: Sign here if you would like a pure PvE server

Originally posted by Spaycey
    I know there are people asking for a PvP server, but I would rather see a pure PvE server.

A server where every zone is huntable without the worry about being ganked by someone 20 - 100 levels higher. You only have to worry about the mobs.

A server where you could go to Tir and Omni-1 and not be attacked by the opposing factions guards.

A cooperative server where the idea is to beat the best Funcom can throw at ya. Org raids on extremely difficult mobs that require perfect execution to defeat.

A server where the non-existant story doesnt matter, cause Rubi-Ka becomes one world with the citizens united against the monsters and nasties that inhabit the planet.

Clan, Neutral, Omni all in the same Org, heck we wouldnt even need to chose a faction, cause on this server it doesnt matter.

Think it will work? Look at EQ; PvE servers = 38, PvP servers = 4 and the PvP servers have much much lower populations.

DAoC is going to be implementing a cooperative PvE server, and I bet that becomes their most popular server...

Funcom couldnt lose with this server.
    so you are saying you want no storyline? why even have OT neut and clan then?

not that there is any storyline as it is :|

you can team with OT and Clan and Nuets right now on any server

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I strongly support server specialization

I would love to have

Server one PVP: Mahem, pure gankfest at 0% gas
    Server two PVE: a play nice zone
    Server three OLDSKool: the way it is now
    Server Four Pure guild: infinate factions based on the guild that are present (rather than three factions now)

I before I saw these implimented thought, I would like to see another whampa/grid/portal in ICC that lets you move between the servers. (As promised)
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Hmm. I *very* rarely PvP (probably 2 times in the last 10 months), but I still like the tension that potential PvP brings to the game.

I was playing Earth and Beyond this week, and I suddebly felt the "what's the friggin' point?" feeling all of a sudden. Why upgrade your ship when the only benefit is killing computer monsters with slightly mproved stats...? Who's going to care?

In AO, I've particiapated in group PvP and duels only a tiny handful of times, but they were hands-down the most exciting moments in the game. And sort of a justification for all the missioning and character improvement.

Casting Nano Shutdown on a mob... $1.

Casting Nano Shutdown on a Fixer and watching them get beat to a pulp.... priceless.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

I before I saw these implimented thought, I would like to see another whampa/grid/portal in ICC that lets you move between the servers. (As promised)
    OMG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

(link to the promise please, i want that link)

and I have no issue with specialized servers, problem is not enough playerbase for it

ROFLOL

Perhaps there is confusion here about what PvP is, and what it's not...
    • PvP is the functionality of a game that allows players to fight other players as though they were NPCs.
    • PvP is not allowing certain players (aka gankers) to beat the bloody hell out of people who are trying to enjoy the PvE aspect of a game and people trying to avoid PvP as best they can.
    • PvP is bringing a new form of AI to a game, that of a player, with better skill than an NPC that has 100x normal HP spinning in circles because its target is standing on the edge of the room.
    • PvP is not an excuse to use that form of AI to substitute the regular style of gaming many players of MMOGs are used to and have grown to appreciate as a relaxing form of entertainment.
    • PvP is a way to allow players to keep themselves occupied when the average dragon becomes inaccessable or boring to kill.
    • PvP is not a good enough reason to force players into conflict when they don't want to.
    I support having a "carebear server". Unfortunately, it would conflict with just about everything Funcom has carved in stone.
    There are too many issues concerning balance, fun-factor, profession-specific fixes, general gameplay and server stability that need to be addressed before an all-PvP or non-PvP server is made. At the rate Funcom is going... Let's face it, it's not going to happen in the game's lifetime.

Originally posted by Spaycey:
    I agree. PvP's level range should be reevaluated. A L200 attacking a L75 is clearly unfair in every respect. 4+ L75s attacking a L200 doesn't mean the L200 is going to lose.
    The grace period is one thing, up to 125 levels of difference is another story altogether.
    Originally posted by Spaycey:
    Perfect execution on these servers? I can't believe I'm saying this, but you might want to go back to EQ.
    Originally posted by Paxton:
    Partially true, but funny nonetheless.
    Valvoline of Rubi-Ka1
    "Irony is a morbid humor"
    "What the American Public doesn't know, is what makes them the American Public"

Just one minor note...

Even though I enjoy a good fight (PvP), I would definately like to see this type of server for those that want it.

However...if you think that such would cut down on the amount of people out there whining about every little aspect of game balance, think again.

I used to think that the old PvPers are the majority of those complaining about class balance statements had a little truth to them....then I played earth and beyon. No PvP...all whining about balance.

The big problem?
    Most of the population seems to think that everyone should be inherently equal (not balanced, equal).
    Also, when they see something that _seems_ to favor someone else, they instantly start whining about it instead of pulling their heads out, asking questions about it, trying it out for themselves, and then looking at the game mechanics that cause the problem (if there is actually a problem).

IMO, it is the Non-PvP people that seem to complain the most about 'balance' even though there really should be nothing to balance. (other than mob strength vs player strength)

Even in PvP, people whine about combat classes doing more damage than non-combat classes...imagine that. If a want to do serious damage in combat...play a combat class.

Anywise, bump...but I don't think that the balancing/whining ratio will go down. In fact, after listening to non-PvP players in EB, I would tend to think just the opposite.

-Religion
    "Spouting madness since 1974"

ok...

I signed were you said here, and now my signiture is permanantly scratched into my monitor. I hope your HAPPY!
    Quinn Erorr Cratty

Quinn glares, "You have failed me for the last time Janitor Bob!"

But Earth and Beyond is different, in that it doesn't have a private mission system. That, in and of itself, sets up a sense of competition, as one needs to 'compete' for experience. That's not the case in AO.

I want a pvp server

Been asking for ages though, dont think theyll bother tbh, then again all the people i know who started chars on AO were mainly excited bout killing clanners, then left when they found they couldnt.

Lol silly me, maybe i should have read the thread a little better , thought it said pvp

Originally posted by Vydas
    I have no doubt that it would be the most popular server. I'm a carebear, I would definitely be there. Alternatively, I really wouldn't mind seeing a pure PvP server (where one has to reroll, not port a character over), as I think that would, in essence, provide the same effect for the rest of us. It would definitely have a low ongoing population, though. I have no objections to PvP'ers having what they consider to be 'fun', but I do have a rather lengthy list of objections to them interfering with my own game play and day to day activites. As it is, they are already griefing everyone, in a way, by their constant whining and the resultant nerfs.
    If that would actually be the most popular server it would be a very very sad thing. There hardly isnt ANY zones 25% or 0% in the game you actually need to go to at the moment, and if getting killed in a game (yes, this is actually a game) causes so much grief to you, I'd suggest you try finding a shrink before trying to find a pvm server.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Originally posted by Yazule

lPS I feel sorry for you sitting there behind your computer hating for no apparent reason.
    *whistles* trollin trollin trollin

I'm sort of in a good mood today I'll explain it to you: I put absolutely no passion in my statements, but I got a lot out of you. Sort of a little game I play...
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast