Thread: What is really about to happen to this game.

What is really about to happen to this game.

Here is the problem with all these changes for "PVP"

They are about to completely RUIN PVM in the process.

If you completely screw up speed, healing and alphas what the heck is going to happen to players and player teams once they hit Pen and higher?

I wish means and his crew would stop and think about the impact on the WHOLE GAME.

Are they going to adjust all mobs to fit the new setup? Are they really going to make this game impossible except for mega teams of twinks when the player base is already almost gone?

think about it.

I don't see any relevance of this.

Are you out of your mind?

PVM is easier than it's EVER been.

Do you know how hard it used to be to do a pande raid?

Have you even ever use your profs toolset when leveling in ely or ado? If someone rolls a toon, and they aren't "zomg kite me" they actually learn how to play.

PVM is dead easy. People who think it's hard are those who have had too many OST's or kites. period.

Pro Tip to making PvM more fun: Don't do it with decked out 220s. Grab a 216 doc that can't cast ICH. Get a 215 tank. Grab some anti-typical damage dealers. Don't use a crat.

Endgame teams make PvM suck hardcore. When there is next to no chance to die, or no chance of failure, PvM becomes a simple repetitive grind for items.

So far though, I haven't seen any changes that will screw up PvM other than increase the damage of some profs that need it.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Aye PvM at just about all levels has suffered greatly over years of massive player power inflation, while mobs just haven't been keeping up in terms of difficulty.

Looked at across the board, including all levels and also levelling content as well as special 'raid' content, I'd have thought we'll see an overall better balance of PvM difficulty than at present.

X

Quote Originally Posted by doubbleagent View Post

If you completely screw up speed, healing and alphas what the heck is going to happen to players and player teams once they hit Pen and higher?

I wish means and his crew would stop and think about the impact on the WHOLE GAME.

Are they going to adjust all mobs to fit the new setup? Are they really going to make this game impossible except for mega teams of twinks when the player base is already almost gone?

think about it.
    um pvp is ultra easy, fc would need to go super far to nerf people to make it approaching hard

Quote Originally Posted by doubbleagent View Post

think about it.
    PvM is like a joke,now even 214 MA can kill vortex and kill those hecks..
    imo; pvm is dead..since even 7 ppl can kill beast....
    Imno "Ubermensch" Angel 220/30/70 MA
    Revengeof "Jiltedthief" thegankers 220/30/70 Agent with ultimate smacktalk skeelz Retired
    Obeywhat "Elmayra" says 220/24/70 Doc with 275k+ Alien kills
    [Tnet] Manicmouse: bring back the I WIN button, cos omni really need help
    Reading doesnt change who you are but what you will do
    IM GRAMMATICALLY AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondHuman View Post
    PvM is like a joke,now even 214 MA can kill vortex and kill those hecks..
    me thinks beast was doable by that crew at 2006 so why it wouldnt be now :S
    doublin mobs damage, triplein hp giafin blockers and stuph would add some phun <3

Quote Originally Posted by Graviuz View Post
    doublin mobs damage, triplein hp giafin blockers and stuph would add some phun <3
    for mobs...
    more damage.
    more AR on some.
    more 'tricks'.
    more 'mob co-operation'.
    more risky stuff.
    less hp.

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondHuman View Post
    Did with 2 ppl, each dual logged :P Doable by 1 logged on 4 chars too but that's for geeks.
    blah

If you're going to make PvM "hard" again, please delete all the phats people got during the "easy" years to make it fair for those of us who are still leveling. Those of you who are old enough to have earned your phats back when PvM was "hard" may keep your stuff.

Hi all, I'm not sure what I think may happen to PVM after these changes as of yet, but I think the argument that PVM is too easy now is only true for those very well equipped characters. In my own experience, anyone progressing for the first time or with a new profession and without the resources will not have the "easy" experience, and I think that is being forgotten in these types of arguments. I would think there are more players without the billions to spend than otherwise. So, I don’t think most average players think it’s too easy.

Also, this tendency of those who are very well equipped to not include those who are not well equipped in pick up teams should realize that in order to get well equipped most people need to do the content. I sometimes sense that many forgot that they were once needing help and couldn't just buy their stuff. And yes, this does apply to those in good orgs and with friends.
    ----------------------------------
    The Dark Order Of Chaos

Monchil - MA
    Maxxon - Bureaucrat
    Gunnymonch – Soldier
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Monchil View Post
    Hi all, I'm not sure what I think may happen to PVM after these changes as of yet, but I think the argument that PVM is too easy now is only true for those very well equipped characters. In my own experience, anyone progressing for the first time or with a new profession and without the resources will not have the "easy" experience, and I think that is being forgotten in these types of arguments. I would think there are more players without the billions to spend than otherwise. So, I don’t think most average players think it’s too easy.
    What Monchil said. Some of my characters have some nice items, some have some medium-nice items, some have pretty basic items. None are really uber. PvM is not too easy for any of them. For some it's much harder than for others, especially the lower-level alts. I can see where PvM might be too easy for some players, but I'm betting that for the majority of players, the average players, it's not -- and certainly won't be for any new players that come in.

depends if were talking solo or not aswell

Solowise some classes still have a hard time at times in decent equip, team wise theres very little even the most basic equiped team can't really handle thats targeted at a group of 6

befor "balancing act":
    you complain about leveling beeing too slow
    you complain about PvE beeing to easy

after:
    you'll complain about leveling beeing even slower
    you'll complain about PvE beeing too hard

Make your mind for once people....for the game we loved...

for the story, and i think majority of you didnt know about it: Once upon a time, when we died, all the unsaved xp was lost.
    The game was harder, players knew their charater a lot better. Was the game funier? I dont think so.

LIke many. i very, very disapointed when i see what the dev team wants to make about this game.
    Sometimes i really doubt they know what they doing.
    Sometimes i really doubt they play the game.
    Sometimes i really think they just listen to the ones who shout the louder.
    LifeProvider Greleal
    LifeTaker,agroStealer Prozakro
    Guest Star Shagrani

Feed the hamster!ffs!
    Reborn through hate!
    "And we are the ones that want to chose,
    We'll slash your necks until you die
    Always want to play,
    Reborn through hate!
    But you never want to lose."
    Commands that the death shall rot your life

I think people should stop dual logging their 220 Enforcers and their 220 Doctors to tank for their level 10 NT while he nukes and say "PvE is easy".

Look at the Hiathlins area in Nascence for example. Every low level character is walking with a tail behind it. Everyone is dual logged while killing and then complain it is too easy.
    I don't think that should be classified as "easy" since it isn't the "normal" way to play the game.

Aside from that, I think people should think about the new players that doesn't have that luxury. A new player will never have access to such abilities, so at least I think FC needs to take that in consideration. That and it isn't really fun to base a game around dual logging characters to play.

Yes, however the fact that Beast can be done with 4 people while it used to be a raid content is easy in fact. That type of stuff need either change or FC introduces a real raid content and not some easy instance to farm items off.
    I am a prisoner of death, only you can free me...

This game, is nothing more then one giant Rubik's Cube.
    if you turn one side and all of the other sides gets messed up.

in the past, We've seen Gaute try to solve the cube and we suffered horribly.
    Silliron came along and got everything in a nice checker-board solve pattern but then took a wrong turn and messed it all up, peeled off the stickers trying to fix it but they were put on wrong.

Now, Means has the cube and it's been a slow methodological solve, but I've very confident that he can work it out after being mis-handled by the previous two.

This game isn't hard pvm-wise at all and if you find it to be, it's because your equipment and skills are out of date. stop being so lazy, stop putting up LFM's for OST's and ungimp yourself and enjoy the game the way it was intended to be played.

PS. I can't wait for the new 'stickers'
    Last edited by Xyphos; Nov 17th, 2009 at 23:09:15.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

PvM is only easy if you're at the top of your game and are so used to hammering away at the right keys at the right time that you do it in your sleep.

For everyone else, pvm is frustrating, annoying, poorly understood if you're new, ridden with poorly understood information and also devoid of help. Trying to get better symbs than I had on my MP the first time around had me almost quit the game because I didn't understand word one about how to handle pvm and the vets only muttering something about how easy it is to solo those same mobs.

Times change, now I can say it's easier, but I know my prof and I have the gear. I'm one of those well-equipped characters running around Inferno at TL5 pwning pvm stuff to a point. Doing things at my level (181) that would have frustrated me at 220.

Killing PvM would probably have to take a lot more. I'm all for more challenge from my PvM play, but not one more word about more HP from mobs. Once a mob hits 200 it gets a ridiculous HP boost and the only challenge that level of HP poses is to your patience, not your skill.

Dropping the stupid amount of HP, giving them useful attacks that aren't just straight damage types, and more tactics possible instead of just 'beat on something until it dies'. Maybe some inits or factoring the fact that lv 200+ mobs have a chance of instacasting stuff?

Any rate, PvM needs a rework anyways, I hope it gets one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    PvM is only easy if you're at the top of your game and are so used to hammering away at the right keys at the right time that you do it in your sleep.

For everyone else, pvm is frustrating, annoying, poorly understood if you're new, ridden with poorly understood information and also devoid of help. Trying to get better symbs than I had on my MP the first time around had me almost quit the game because I didn't understand word one about how to handle pvm and the vets only muttering something about how easy it is to solo those same mobs.

Times change, now I can say it's easier, but I know my prof and I have the gear. I'm one of those well-equipped characters running around Inferno at TL5 pwning pvm stuff to a point. Doing things at my level (181) that would have frustrated me at 220.

Killing PvM would probably have to take a lot more. I'm all for more challenge from my PvM play, but not one more word about more HP from mobs. Once a mob hits 200 it gets a ridiculous HP boost and the only challenge that level of HP poses is to your patience, not your skill.

Dropping the stupid amount of HP, giving them useful attacks that aren't just straight damage types, and more tactics possible instead of just 'beat on something until it dies'. Maybe some inits or factoring the fact that lv 200+ mobs have a chance of instacasting stuff?

Any rate, PvM needs a rework anyways, I hope it gets one.
    Agree with you here. If SL mobs behaved more like RK mission mobs where they cast debuffs, there'd be no need for MASSIVE HP BARS like they have now.

Massive HP bars just promotes boredom.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.