Thread: Balance evades to AR

Balance evades to AR

So i heard somewhere 0 AR vs 400 evades is harder to hit than 200 AR vs 800 evades. Or something of that effect, is AR checked cleanly against def rating? If not it should be, with 2.4k evades and 1000 AAD on top (dof/limber/deceptive running) i still get normals coming through from agents especially more often than they miss. It shouldn't be the case that ar is more powerful than dr (what i'll call def rating) when pvp profs make their character around one of the two. As a fixer i base mine around def so why should i need to get significantly ridiculously more def rating than the prof striving to get AR?

Call me a sucky noob or whatever but to me it just seems so off balance that this appears to be the case. (oh btw tl5)

And i've been reading rather alot about the subject and im Looking forward to the results of some testing here and hopefully the last post is true about the change in mechanics of AAD for the better
    Last edited by Eralius2; Nov 15th, 2009 at 21:28:26.

if you have 0 ar you never hit anyone

2 - 0 AR isnt really 0 and is infact base ar+ar divided by base def+def somehow...
    Dont think it is, tests agree with what i've quoted. 0 AR isnt 0 AR so you will hit something.

Noone will take you serious if you write about tl5 and dont cry for enforcer nerfage. Remember, tl5 agents are not overpowered. In fact they are very sucky, its easy to disable them with nano skill debuffs like drains that dont seem to affect anyone else and init debuffs like UBT that also have no effect on anyone else but agents. So if you play a fixer you dont need more evades. You should simply use UBT and drains. L2P nab.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I didnt realise fixers had drains (big ones)...So how am i supposed to do something against an agent? I can land a few basic drains but its not enough to decent agents. Never said they're OP so l2read and im simply identifying one area where i think its unbalanced - because its the balance forum. Dont see how its fair that a huge majority of my defense is useless against a medium AR, im only asking for a bit more effectiveness of evades as they dont seem useful as they should be.
    Last edited by Eralius2; Nov 16th, 2009 at 10:00:28.

Use UBT if you dont have drains.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

To be fair, evades aren't useless at tl5. And certainly not at tl7. At tl5 regular hits matter more, and they're less affected by evades/AAD than perks, which simply just miss.

As an agent at tl5 that still uses XP implants and a mix of totw armour and pred, I can kill most fixers in mimic doc, just because AS caps easy on the lower HP of tl5s, and because HD doesn't work for fixers at tl5.

That doesn't mean fixers can't alpha me in 3 seconds, which is a lot longer than it takes for me to kill them. Every time a fixer alphas me I'm not gonna complain in a new thread.

Evades will already get a boost that they don't need anyway, in that AI perks are getting nerfed by up to 800 AR. This will affect tl5 as well as tl7.

For sure you wont get evades (w/o GA) at lvl 1-100. Enfs/Solds got to much AR, agents are bit lower on that, but still hit most times (and regulars are very hard). If lvl 49 enfo can get 750 AR, soldier around 620-650, noone will get even close with this (Witt only, but not for long), and even equal ammount of evades will be nothing special.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016