Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RK1] OTPC Freelance: Party to celebrate 50th Omni-Tek Affiliate Meeting

You dont understand the idea behind the event. The idea was that neutrals demand freedom for bor if omni say no then they was going to gassed to death. And a campaign of terror begins agaisnt omni-tek

(( it appears the topic of powerplaying is as well understood by some, as the difference between OOC and IC ))
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

OOC: I think i should step in and try to clear some things up.

Firstly. This was the plan of what should have happened and what actually happened. Unfotunately with myself and the ARK who was supposed to be co-ordinating it away, it didnt go as planned.

18:00 - A neutral agent joins the party. Their job is to identify which directors are in attendance and report it back via tell messages.(This happened however the 220 agent who was sneaking, was spotted by Omni-security, multiple times.)

18:20 - 4 teams (teams 1, 2, 3 and 4) of neutrals arrive outside the tower, via the Lower balcony with the arches.

18:20 - The neutral agent will slip away and exit the tower as the teams arrive.
    (The agent managed to slip out many times to talk to the incoming forces about the targets there. Lt Gen Robert Rosuma, Lieutenant "Mireann" Ashford, and possibly Eva Pourais were present at the time of the attack.)

18:25 - Teams 1, 2 and 3 have taken position inside the tower, one team at each exit. All doors will be locked. (the doors were locked)

18:30 - An EMP blast is set off within the building. Knocking out all nanobots, communication devices and warp recall beacons. Immediately after the EMP blast. An Area jammer will be turned on blocking, communications. warping/teleporting and grid digitalisation. (Neutral forces did do this.)

18:35 - With all means of calling for help and escape blocked or destroyed. The final team will enter the party space. We will ask for silence. One member of the fourth team will read a speech. (the speech was read)

18:45 - With the speech read, our next actions will depend on the reaction of the Directors.

If the Directors agree with our demands enclosed in the speech.
    18:47 - Team four will fall back to the exits and all teams will unlock the doors and leave.
    (The directors did not agree.)

If Omni-Tek does not comply within the following week a speech will be read out in Borealis and a copy sent to IRRK to be published.
    Immediately after which the threat within the speech from Versailles Tower will begin.

If the directors refuse.
    18:47 - Team four deploys a Biological weapon via a mechanical means into the party. (aka gas grenades) The biological weapon is a weaponised Unidentified Toxin, thus dispersing it as a aerosol cloud.

(The Gas was dispersed, Thankyou ARK for providing the effects)

18:50 - All Partygoers, not wearing full body armour including helmets with built in respirator systems will die and reclaim. Including any Directors who are present.

(Unfortunately what the mystical green gas clouds represented was not described to the partygoers present. ARK had already said it would not be possible for various reasons to just kill them all of there and then.
    We accepted this, as hoping that the roleplayers at least would understand the description and make up their own mind, as to whether they would realistically survive such an attack. Unfortunately no description was given.)

The Omni-Tek directors and their staff attempted to arrest the Neutrals present after the speech was read, but then began to attack them, when they refused.
    (Unfortunately without co-ordination from either side going on well, many neutrals were one shot killed, by ARK who could not be hit in return.)

Further notes.

It was made clear to us that ARK, rightly would not kill off all those at the party who were Omni. it was decided to leave it up to the individual player to hear a description of the biological weapon and make up their own minds as to how it would affect them. I did pass this on to those who lead the neutral contingent.

Since then There has been a sit down and had alot of discussion between the ARK Events team and those who led the neutrals. Suggestions have been taken and noted down by both ARK and ourselves. We hope for this sort of mixup to never occur again.

I would like to think that we can all stop pointing recriminating fingers, and move on with the storyline. Something didnt go according to plan, it happens get over it.

((I am sorry that that RP scenario didn't went as planned... BUT there were some glitches in organizing the neutral "intervention" event... 1st. one was that the RP event/party organizer wasn't informed about that scenario... I did wondered why Eva Porais remained at the party for such a short duration... guess that was the reason ...anyway... If it makes you feel better... the party was a success))
    Last edited by Aerya; Nov 28th, 2009 at 18:41:48.
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    ((I am sorry that that RP scenario didn't went as planned... BUT there were some glitches in organizing the neutral "intervention" event... 1st. one was that the RP event/party organizer wasn't informed about that scenario... I did wondered why Eva Porais remained at the party for such a short duration... guess that was the reason ...anyway... If it makes you feel better... the party was a success))

((Sorry if you feel this way, but we felt the need to keep what we were planning quiet, besides, you dont tell someone your gatecrashing their party.))

Meh, coordinated neutral rights activist is an oxymoron. Disorganised is how we like it. Sounds like a success to me.

<ooc>

Am I understanding this right?

You went to grief a party without letting the organisers know anything about it, expected them all to be instakilled (DJ, dancers, non-RPers et al) and then complained when *you* got killed? o.O

</ooc>
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

I think it's just about time all Omni Guards in Omni Cities, except Borealis since Miss Lonare seems to want to keep borealis open to all, were ordered to apprehend these terrorists on sight, or shoot them if they resist arrest, put an end to this faux neutral rubbish once and for all.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post

You went to grief a party without letting the organisers know anything about it, expected them all to be instakilled (DJ, dancers, non-RPers et al) and then complained when *you* got killed? o.O
    OOC: Try re-reading what i wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I think it's just about time all Omni Guards in Omni Cities, except Borealis since Miss Lonare seems to want to keep borealis open to all, were ordered to apprehend these terrorists on sight, or shoot them if they resist arrest, put an end to this faux neutral rubbish once and for all.
    Thats right, damn everyone that isn't you, like a good lil follower.

How dare people have opinions! What is this the dark ages!?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Thats right, damn everyone that isn't you, like a good lil follower.

How dare people have opinions! What is this the dark ages!?
    They threatened people wiith the intent to terrorise them into acceding to their demands , that makes them terrorist plain and simple and as such that's how they should be treated.

Before this Third faction group of Faux Neutrals came along I had no problems with any neutrals and I still have no problem respecting neutrals who remain neutral, hell I respect Clan members more than this bunch of hypocritical terrorists because at least the Clans don't hide behind a fake veneer of neutrality.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    They threatened people wiith the intent to terrorise them into acceding to their demands , that makes them terrorist plain and simple and as such that's how they should be treated.
    Irony is not without a sense of humour, no? History repeating itself, and some people just refuse to deviate from feeling all empowered over everything they survey.

I guess some would say Omni has failed to learn from the past. The tighter you clench, the more sand slips through the fist. I have very little pity for that.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post

<ooc>

Am I understanding this right?

</ooc>
    ((Yes, you are. lol))
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    ((Yes, you are. lol))
    (( No there was a clash in ARK communication that led the party planner not aware of this, and the neutral action planner err... I dunno if we even had the right one. Anyway it's a footnote, we should move on.
    Edit : And if you care to read this, care to even post in IC to contribute? ))

That's what happen anyway when neuts raise a gun to Omni Tek. I hate that part myself, but when Omni Tek declare officially something as their, a neutral can't fire at it and stay a neutral under ICC laws. What did that group expect anyway ?

Newland won't support military actions against Borealis. There is no point anyway to help such... groups. I'm not even supposed to say that OT have weaknesses and answer to law and image. Don't listen to me if I claim that it's our best shot as neutrals to push the ICC, and by extension Omni Tek, into taking a clear stance on this city. Now, forget this.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Dec 13th, 2009 at 12:36:42.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

(( Actually, in theory ARK can kill everyone within the vicinity. Rather than gas because of the issues with.. hmm implementation of damage.. you should have used something more interesting like hacked Alien Kamikazis. However understanding that ARK Powers, even Events, are significantly hampered on live.. you guys needed a Funcom Employee.

I really applaud this first rate effort at making a larger scale RP event but it shows we need FC to "enguage". This would smooth out the communications issue because top dog would be an FC emp rather than ARK and could reach across all levels of ARK easier and also do whatever spawning and mass killing was needed without restraint.

This leaving it up to people to decide if the die is frankly.. aweful. Ark should have poped a 50K AOE non graphic nuke after spawning the gas effects, or the GM should have done something like land a huge dot on everyone so people run round like crazy chickens before falling over dead, which would have looked great! AOE Fear would have been an awesome effect for panik.

What we need are more RP oriented tools.. tools that essentially would be disruptive to normal play but are essential for true RP Events... ALA: Evil Terrorists throws PsykoGas Bomb (AOE FEAR), terrorist escapes.. Dry runs should be valid for events like this. To work out any kinks. AKA the Neut Terrorists and ARK gather to run through the scenario (think training event for the team.. which is IC.. "Today we are going to run through a training exercise in preperation for our attack on the OT Meeting!"

As for the silly you are a Clan not Neutral Department. This is how I see it. Clans are an officially registered Political Entity. All "clans" are registered such and as such have recognition via the ICC as being Political. Terrorist Clans is OT propaganda. Regardless of their actions ALL CLANS have via treaty political recognition. They are in essence, a government with all the stuff that goes along with that. As far as the ICC is concerned Neutrals appear to have no Political Recognition and are instead granted only an "allowance to persue their lives independantly in accordince with the laws of Omni-Tek". Thus truely Third Faction is a Terrorist Group much like our modern day non-political entity terrorists. They fight for a general cause and are not a recognized government and have nor hold any political clout or recognition beyond that which they can achieve through the use of force.

I for one find their existance a nice breath of fresh air in AO because for once we have a real honest to god terrorist group in existance. One with no political ties nor governmental attachments.))

It is clear to me that the ICC's allowance for neutral self determination has only lead to lawlessness. This is to be expected, we should therefor file for allowance to retake all Neutral Lands as OT Direct holdings in order to restore order and peace and to drive out the lawless chaos that breeds these frind terrorist groups who are beholden to none and are a threat to everything both Omni-Tek and the renegade Clans hold dear for the future of Rubi-Ka.

End Terrorism, Restore Order to the Land. Destroy Third Faction!
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Ok can we please stop talking about what we Events team should/could have done.

We do not have the ability to instantly kill large numbers of people in one go, as far as I am aware neither do any of the GM's, its just not possible with the tools we have.

We will generally do as much as we can to make things go smoothly but we are limited simply by the game its self. If you send us a request for an event that you want us to help with we will discuss what we can and can't do with you and suggest ways to do things that, while it won't be quite what you wanted, will get the point across.

For the event in question a lot of things that just aren't possible were requested and we would have explained so if it wasn't for the fact that our mail system and many of our other tools went down causing a communications problem.

Now if you have any further comments on ARK Events participation or workings please direct them to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

I do not wish to close this thread, I'd rather it stay open so people can continue in character comments on the event or future events but I will have the thread locked if this OOC discussion continues

((I've been keeping my mouth shut on this one. But after Pheats posts I do have to say. Come on now if Events had the power to do mass killings they would do it all the time, odds are that's how they would end the meetings. Ya know cause they're down with the evil and everything. ]]
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12