Thread: balance as I see it

balance as I see it

Ok, balance as I see it.

lets say everyone should be able to mitigate 30k damage and deal 30k damage over 1 minute. (or saying that DD profession do 40k damage, but can only mitigate 20k damage over 1 min. and a support kan do 20k damage but can mitigate 40k damage.)

So doctor's should only be able to heal 30k damage over 1 min.
    Soldier's should only be able to tank 30k damage over 1 min.
    Keeper's should only be able to reflect, adsorb, heal 30k damage over 1 min.
    trader's should only be able to heal/drain 30k damage over 30k damage over 1 min.

and so one and so forth.

I also think that we realy need to balance profession more into smaller groups.

So we have Support, tank and DD professions and I really don't think that they should be so different in the performance of each other.

as we have it now, we have a load of support profession that cant use any of it perks because they just dont have the AR for it, but why the hell dont they have that? it's not like the support perks can kill most professions.

again, support perks is weak on the damage, but they are also weak on the AR, so they are weak and dont land on anything.... so what is the purpose of it?...

Why do support professions have lower AR than combat professions? why should they be double punished? low damage template, AND low AR?...

That dont make sense.

As I see it support professions should have a lot higher AR as the damage template is already nerfed.

and about the big spikes in balance i see this(and things that total destroy any balance effort):
    Mongo rage. (Destroy a professions defense)
    Constant barrage. (Destroy a professions defense)
    NESD/NSD ( Destory some professions defense, and some professions offence)
    Le nukes/Slice and dice (they break the 30% rules)
    Borrow Reflect (100% reflect negate every offensive attack.)
    AMS (This mitigate WAY to much compared to the Offensive power of the soldier. yes some do destroy this defense, but that is implemented wrong. It should not only be 2 professions that can ignore this type of defense.)

that is what I see atm.

Again balance effort should be compared 1 vs 1, else what the hell is the balance effort on?... 2vs2 3vs3 4vs4?... 5vs5?...

if any professions had a 100% outcome on a one and one battle, funcom should look at what they could do to improve the underdog.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 15th, 2009 at 02:31:35. Reason: removed obscenity