Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage balance thread.

Mongo Rage balance thread.

Lets start a thread just for the debate about it so the Devs can see our point of view.

I personally feel it needs to be reduced to either 800 AAO only, or raise the duration of the cool down to 5 to 10 minutes.

Also, make Mongo Fury remove morphs.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

A -1k AAD and a 2k snare and reflects set to zero for 10 seconds after would be a nice penalty and require some thought before using it methinks.

Killing everyone and then having to wait for them to respawn isn't penalty enough?

Seriously though, all of the breed perks need scrapped and redone. It's not just Mongo Rage, it's all of them. They don't enhance your profession based on your breed, they lock your profession choice to one specific breed.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Edited: Hacre's right. NM Breed perks are NT-specific almost.
    Last edited by srompu; Nov 14th, 2009 at 16:57:45.

I like MR.

It means I die. Thats a good thing imo.

For those who wont understand that: Im the one NOT using it, im the one taking the flak from it. and I still like it.

People complain about evades being too much, yet MR is too much. what the heck is good? No one getting killed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb4 View Post
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu
    (just randomly hiting the keyboard like Zixx) <3

they've nerfed it without changing it.

this is actually a bigger change in effectiveness than reducing the effect down to 800 AAO.

mongo fury will give people a 3 second warning that MR is coming. so people will be able to pop their defenses ahead of MR activating. with evasive stance and the fixer equivalent getting a recharge reduction, those profs with it will mostly be available to counter MR.

I think putting a size increase on it would possibly help some as well. If when someone fires off Mongo Fury their size increased by 125% and when firing off Mongo Rage their size increased to 150% then you know when that Atrox starts doubling in size its time to do something.

Also it wouldn't hurt to place a -300 AAD debuff on Mongo Rage since in theory someone in a raged state isn't paying much attention to stopping damage as much as causing it.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    they've nerfed it without changing it.

this is actually a bigger change in effectiveness than reducing the effect down to 800 AAO.

mongo fury will give people a 3 second warning that MR is coming. so people will be able to pop their defenses ahead of MR activating. with evasive stance and the fixer equivalent getting a recharge reduction, those profs with it will mostly be available to counter MR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whealer View Post
    I think putting a size increase on it would possibly help some as well. If when someone fires off Mongo Fury their size increased by 125% and when firing off Mongo Rage their size increased to 150% then you know when that Atrox starts doubling in size its time to do something.

Also it wouldn't hurt to place a -300 AAD debuff on Mongo Rage since in theory someone in a raged state isn't paying much attention to stopping damage as much as causing it.
    MR has a visual effect already. The wobbly bit and the small info of some random text above the ones head. you need more?

If we keep giving 10 sec warnings to everyone that "you are about to get attacked"..whats the point? Balance..well, yeah. no one gets killed, I suppose thats balance :P

If you need more info about it, you either play in first person or just do not have the ability to react to things that happen around you. not the games' fault.
    Last edited by Ziitta; Nov 14th, 2009 at 01:39:37.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb4 View Post
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu
    (just randomly hiting the keyboard like Zixx) <3

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    However, I do think that they've done an awesome job of fleshing out the genome perks. I know I'd be very interested in perking all kinds of combos for all the breeds and trying them out. It seems like most tools are powerful enough to be worth using but not overpowered.
    Ahem.

Look at NM Alpha Genome changes.
    Look at NM NTs.

Do a double take. Then edit your post.

The TL;DR version of my various rants on this in the FWM thread are:

NM NTs will be able to, with little sacrifice:

Debuff all inits by 1800 to 2800.
    Completely negate the MP damage debuff nanos.
    Get ~140% total nano damage bonus approximately every 2 minutes (compared to 90% for every other breed).
    Run around with 40% nano reflects if I understand the way DtN works correctly as I believe they add up.
    Have 100% damage to nano under Nanobot Guard (again if I understand DtN correctly).
    All this while being able to have a full doc killing alpha in defensive focus mode due to the aforementioned nano damage buff, extra init debuffs and the faster execution times on the Starfall chain along with the Starfall perk changes.

It's literally like a tailor made line for NTs that fell into the General tab called "Alpha Genome".

If anything it should have been put into the Group tab and used as the reason for Doubles/Triples going away.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Unless you are blind, and your friend who is helping you play is a mute, you don't have jack to worry about.

MR will now be a true mass PvP tool, where you need to take advantage of chaos to attack with a chance of success.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziitta View Post
    MR has a visual effect already. The wobbly bit and the small info of some random text above the ones head. you need more?

If we keep giving 10 sec warnings to everyone that "you are about to get attacked"..whats the point? Balance..well, yeah. no one gets killed, I suppose thats balance :P

If you need more info about it, you either play in first person or just do not have the ability to react to things that happen around you. not the games' fault.
    MR does have a visual effect. but it only happens once the MR user has the +1500 AAO effect.

so there is a small window between when MR fires and when defenses are activated and perk cueing can occur.

with the changes, there is now a 3 second warning BEFORE the 1500 AAO comes into effect. therefore defences can be activated before the MR user gets the 1500 AAO.

without the surprise factor, MR loses a lot of its usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    MR does have a visual effect. but it only happens once the MR user has the +1500 AAO effect.

so there is a small window between when MR fires and when defenses are activated and perk cueing can occur.

with the changes, there is now a 3 second warning BEFORE the 1500 AAO comes into effect. therefore defences can be activated before the MR user gets the 1500 AAO.

without the surprise factor, MR loses a lot of its usefulness.
    There's no corners or walls in your PvP world?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I always thought MR should have a 20% chance of self insta death on using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarleo View Post
    I always thought MR should have a 20% chance of self insta death on using it.
    Heart attack!

Edit: Hahahahaha wow, those changes to Wit sure {removed} up a lot of my twinks!, TL3 crat = nerfed!
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 14th, 2009 at 06:20:28. Reason: even starred out obscenities are not necessary
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Noone uses MR anymore to overwhelm/ignore someone running DOF/Limber?

3s countdown or not, it still has this purpose, right?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Noone uses MR anymore to overwhelm/ignore someone running DOF/Limber?

3s countdown or not, it still has this purpose, right?
    It will still make atrox the preferred breed for shade.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

MR meant to kill evaders, get over it.

With the removal of Wit and the nerfing of MR, trox has easily the worst genome lines.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    It will still make atrox the preferred breed for shade.
    Solitus Beta is perfect for shades, and even opi beta has more uses than perking one ppl every 2:30 mins.

The only breed I would choose atrox over is nm as a shade.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Make it a profession perk for enf/keeper/shade (and maybe agent) and it's fine....

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Make it a profession perk for enf/keeper/shade (and maybe agent) and it's fine....
    This extends my point about the new NM perks. The powerful stuff should be in Group lines, specifically tailored for a few professions and not forcing people into certain breed choices.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Dudes stop whine about MR. We need 1 brid that will be useful in pvp after nerf.
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast