Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 13th, 2009 - Friday teh 13th 110100101!!!

Selling 220 opi fix, top geared
    taking offers.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Now, with Mongo Rage chaining from Mongo Fury, the player has a window of opportunity to realize that MR is coming and do something about it.
    Cool, can I have an omfgMRiscoming button that kills my perk queue so I can change to queuing defensive stuff?

... on a 3 minute recharge
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

I am getting more and more of a bitter taste in my mouth from this 'balancing' which thus far is doing nothing than show people the fastest route to the exit.

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    If you (FC) want to see MR as emergency button, why make it chaining action? I don't call it using one perk, then another one after few seconds emergency. If you want it to have warning, better make it orbital strike effect, because everyone has wolf graft, which removes most visible effects.
    If it's an emergency button add a hp below 20% check? That would make it emergency button all right.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

My opinion is that all breeds should have some decent benefits off their breed perks, especially because most of professions can get all the top items in every slots no matter of breed thanks to having so many twinking gear online.

If we'll compare pluses and minuses of being atrox - we'll find out that MR with +1500 aao on it benefits most of professions alot more than hurts (by losing some alien perks which could be spent somewhere else).
    So, basically, atroxes, compared to other breeds, got far more superior breed perk against most of professions, than the rest of ones.
    Of course, Opifex Secondary Genome with its 5-tick 4s each that absorbs 1 special/normal hit may look good, but, experienced opponent will keep capping special attack and fire it as second instantly after any other (fast attack, fling shot, burst). Which makes such perk pretty obsolete, especially in mass PvP where you get called and hi by multiple opponents.

Imo, nanomages, opifexes and solituses should have their breed perks adjusted and, thanks to them, such breeds should either evade MR, or reflect/ignore it somehow. So all breeds will have each other's perks resisted or ignored thanks to breed specification, and not profession toolset.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Thumbs up

Nanos, Items, Research - These things will also be changed. There are more things incoming than most people realize. =) Heck, you should see what Means had me working on today for you guys...
    Went from hate when reading some of the changes to love <3
    Amazing what one small response can do when hope seem to be gone
    Keep up the good work, wish you all a good weekend!
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

When Mongo Fury is activated, there will be a visual indicator (the familiar "wobbly body" effect) on the Atrox - When the opposing player sees this effect, they know that Mongo Rage will be coming very soon (MR has a three second activation time, but may be activated at any point while "Affected by Mongo Fury" is running on the Atrox). This gives the opposing player time to activate their own emergency defenses, or attempt to get the hell outta dodge. In this case, the change to Mongo Rage was all about telegraphing the incoming boost in AR to the opposing player.
    Please add a float text as well when MF is activated, wobbly effects can be missed when profs are in leet as klod said.

Opi genome looks nice. Think imma have to unperk AI tech 3 and opi primary and get AI 30 and perk secondary genome
    Last edited by navycut; Nov 13th, 2009 at 17:35:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    You have totally missed the point of how MR is used.

It completely negates Evades. MA/Shade/Fixer/Crat/Advy/Engies/MPs are ALL at MR's mercy the moment it is popped. That is all Evade and Pet proffesions' toolsets become completely worthless for 15seconds every 3mins.
    We tend to look at Mongo Rage as an emergency button - Something that should be pressed when everything else has failed.
    Raggehs post combined with Kintaiis shows whats needed.

If Mongo Rage is a "oh crap" button, put it in the same league as Dimach, a LONG lock on reuse.

Every 3mins isnt "oh crap" its "killing machine".

Increase it to once every 15mins.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I like the breed-perks.

But why must every breed have an identical damage-perk-action?
    Please remove this action. It will provide nothing special or interessting except more damage.

I think there is much to much damage in the perk lines over all.

From what Artyomis said, maybe change Blinded by Delights to a % based on perk level? Like -10% current AR at 10 perks with the same duration.

Seventh!

Oh, 110100101 hahaha, I get it!
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Nanos, Items, Research - These things will also be changed. There are more things incoming than most people realize. =) Heck, you should see what Means had me working on today for you guys...
    This is very disturbing. So you guys give us documentation on half the picture (the perks) and expect feedback while not disclosing the other half of the context? How can you expect feedback from people who do not see the big picture?

As a Nanomage should I be lobbying for the Absorb perks moved to NM Primary Genome and the Offensive ones to NM Secondary or the other way around? This will depend on whether the incoming other changes (Nanos, Items, Research) will solve more of my defensive or offensive problems.

And will you reply to any complaint by saying "but... but... wait you do not know what else is in store for you?". This is a joke.

And while you are at it, for the love of Mongo Rage, please put freakin' descriptions on in-game perks items, if it is not too much to ask.
    Last edited by zartosht; Nov 13th, 2009 at 18:07:47. Reason: Perk description
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Waiting for more info about the engine and the hint you gave.
    Good as allways, changes are welcommed. People having to learn new tactics - good. They whine and cry but in the end when everything is fited, adjusted and redefined it truelly will be great!

Looking forward to see AO blossom again with the new graphics.

And BTW, thanks for making yet another MP nano (two actually) useless (with adding Synthesize on 1st NM genome).

LOL
    Last edited by Klod9002; Nov 13th, 2009 at 17:55:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Endy87 View Post
    Looking forward to see AO blossom again with the new graphics.
    Hahahaha! Funniest thing I've read all day.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    If it's an emergency button add a hp below 20% check? That would make it emergency button all right.
    This, seriously, would be a very good idea to make this perk work as it sounds it was intended.

20% might be slightly harsh?

Get over here!!! |--------->

/whistles and wanders off

Will check out the documentation now and post on it later.

When Mongo Fury is activated, there will be a visual indicator (the familiar "wobbly body" effect) on the Atrox - When the opposing player sees this effect, they know that Mongo Rage will be coming very soon (MR has a three second activation time, but may be activated at any point while "Affected by Mongo Fury" is running on the Atrox). This gives the opposing player time to activate their own emergency defenses, or attempt to get the hell outta dodge. In this case, the change to Mongo Rage was all about telegraphing the incoming boost in AR to the opposing player.

That's a novel idea but there aren't any emergency defenses that lasts for 60 seconds. By giving it a 60s window of execution the prerequisite might as well not even be there in most pvp scenarios...

Edit: Nvm, I see now you need "affected by mongo fury" running to execute mr, wich presumably has a much shorter duration
    Last edited by Phargus; Nov 13th, 2009 at 20:57:47.

This is atrocious, FunCom.

Atrocious.

Almost everyone in the game has asked that Mongo Rage be nerfed. So what happens?

You eliminate the negative aspect?!

Come ON, is this Bizarro World Anarchy Online?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast