Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 13th, 2009 - Friday teh 13th 110100101!!!

Righteous for keeper professional!

The following is a paid sponsorship for the Nominate Righteous as Keeper Professional Campaign.

http://www.tinyurl.com/righteouskeeper

already said a couple of times before about the mr thing...but
    WHAT THE F***!

You make quitting ao easy. Thanks a lot, good job.
    I hate the word "lol", but
    LOLOLOL
    Last edited by ephedrae; Nov 13th, 2009 at 16:50:42.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Welcome to Atrox Online.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

When? 1 month - 3 months - 6 months - end of next year?

Enquiring minds want to know.

How many times am I going to have to hear "I'll be back when the new engine or rebalancing is done"

Seriously, it would be better to hear autumn 2010 than we haven't got a clue. At least we can plan for it and know its worth the time and investment to farm for a setup which may become obsolete so long as we know it won't be obsolete for 12 months. Or indeed, hang off 6 weeks because changes are inc.

Q Soon(tm)

Omg give us a break! You took away the downside of MR?
    Mark of the Unhallowed 15 seconds pvp / 50 seconds pvm - not gonna happen.
    Mark of the Pious Holy Mark 10: Defense modifier: 250 20 seconds - eh what?
    And what about keepers killing ability? I was looking foreward to this but we have mutch to do still.
    Last edited by haavarst; Nov 13th, 2009 at 17:15:18.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Funcom employee

Alright - So this is the big one. Mongo Rage. We all knew this would be the focus of the Breed Perk document (even though there are a lot of other changes in there that we'd really like feedback on in general), and I figure it bears a bit of explanation in terms of our thought processes.

The first thing a lot of people have latched on to so far is the fact that the debuff portion has been removed. We tend to look at Mongo Rage as an emergency button - Something that should be pressed when everything else has failed. However, as it stands, Mongo Rage has the tendency to be an "I splat stuff" button - Once Mongo Rage is over, most things standing around the Atrox are pretty much dead. We've removed the debuff based on that logic - There's little point in punishing someone for pushing an emergency button if there's no one else around to aid in that punishment. Note that a lot of our changes throughout the perk documentation have included removals of such debuffs, in an effort to try and remove 'down time' and harsh side effects from characters - Drawbacks are fine and all, but when dealing with a main part of a character's toolset it really sucks to have to try and keep track of that sort of information; "Since I used this perk, can I cast my nanos after it?" just isn't that entertaining in the long run.

Instead of debuffing the character after the effect of Mongo Rage has died, we've attempted doing the following - Giving a visual indicator to the player facing the Atrox that MR is incoming. Previously, the smart PvPer would queue up MR and time the rest of their perks to go off as soon as MR was active. With the way perks work, this gave zero warning to the opposing player that Mongo Rage was incoming, and they were caught completely by surprise when they went splat. Now, with Mongo Rage chaining from Mongo Fury, the player has a window of opportunity to realize that MR is coming and do something about it.

When Mongo Fury is activated, there will be a visual indicator (the familiar "wobbly body" effect) on the Atrox - When the opposing player sees this effect, they know that Mongo Rage will be coming very soon (MR has a three second activation time, but may be activated at any point while "Affected by Mongo Fury" is running on the Atrox). This gives the opposing player time to activate their own emergency defenses, or attempt to get the hell outta dodge. In this case, the change to Mongo Rage was all about telegraphing the incoming boost in AR to the opposing player.

That said, we do realize that a more advanced PvPer might choose to activate MF and MR out of sight, and then charge in like a berserker - This is ok, as it implies some form of tactics on the player's part and also decreases the amount of time they have under the influence of Mongo Rage. This sort of tactical thinking is something we don't want to decrease in AO in the slightest, and we hope that some of the changes we're making to perks influence this in a positive way.

All of that said, we've stated before that nothing here is final and things will be altered going into the future. If, after feedback and testing, we decide that Mongo Rage needs further tweaks we will look into them, potentially including adding the debuff portion of the perk action back. Right now, though, we're hoping that our current implementation adds in a noticable difference in the way that characters are able to react to and defend themselves from the perk while not directly nerfing the abilities of the Atrox.

Again - We're posting these because we want people to offer their feedback and opinions. So by all means discuss, debate and let us know what you think. But hopefully this will help you guys better understand where our mindset is with the change-over. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Problem with mongo range is not that it exists, but that it is a breed perk. Way too powerful.
    125 AAO/AAD vs 1500 AAO
    c'mon.

Make MR 300 AAO / 15seconds and it is fixed.
    Last edited by Graftmage; Nov 13th, 2009 at 17:01:58.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Week after week I've been waiting to see something good done to keepers. Hope is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Problem with mongo range is not that it exists, but that it is a breed perk. Way too powerful.
    So true, it shouldn't be a breed perk.

PS:
    wtb ugly the screens!
    Last edited by SoldiTwo; Nov 13th, 2009 at 17:02:31. Reason: evil edith!

You have totally missed the point of how MR is used.

It completely negates Evades. MA/Shade/Fixer/Crat/Advy/Engies/MPs are ALL at MR's mercy the moment it is popped. That is all Evade and Pet proffesions' toolsets become completely worthless for 15seconds every 3mins.

1.5k AAO on demand is utter bull. End of.

Removing the Debuff has made it BETTER. This is a similar line of thought to the previous GD's, don't follow the same path.

There is at least a handful of threads in both Balance and Game Suggestions EXPLAINING why MR is overpowered, you have even said you READ these forums.

This change has simply proven that you don't.
    Last edited by Raggeh; Nov 13th, 2009 at 17:04:19.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by fireduckjzz View Post
    Week after week I've been waiting to see something good done to keepers. Hope is lost.
    Nanos, Items, Research - These things will also be changed. There are more things incoming than most people realize. =) Heck, you should see what Means had me working on today for you guys...
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

woot, thanks for the MR love! More things will die!
    "Hey Chucko, that doesn't smell like mud!"

Proud General of Athen Paladins

Daddyrabbit 220/30/68 ENF (Thongmaster) Stuff

A fair result can be obtained only by fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question.

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    Please change all perk actions of Nanomage Primary Genome to Nanomage Secondary Genome and vice-versa.

Nanomages are less likely to train their Primary Genome (+intel/+psy) but yet would benefit more from the attacks/debuffs/heals present on this line.

This is unless you seriously nerf nano-regeneration going forward. And by serioulsy, I mean seriously.
    I have to disagree, the benefits from the perks of the secondary NM line seem much more appealing to me than the ones from the primary line.

If I'm reading it right then the secondary perks will allow a nice total of 35% of all incoming damage to be hitting their nano pool instead of their health, and they'll have a perk to refresh their nano pool, on top of generally having a good nano pool refresh, this is vastly more appealing to me than the Perks from the NM Primary.

As for Mongo rage... The AR boost seriously needs to be reduced +1500 is, for lack of a better word, silly.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Nanos, Items, Research - These things will also be changed. There are more things incoming than most people realize. =) Heck, you should see what Means had me working on today for you guys...
    Expansion spoiler? scnr

w00t, i can't wait =DD

Thankyou, the first time I think we have had a straight answer on context. Now... timescale?

However, as it stands, Mongo Rage has the tendency to be an "I splat stuff" button - Once Mongo Rage is over, most things standing around the Atrox are pretty much dead.

No you see this is what you people never get, your designated target will go down. If there are people around with any perception of what went down, you are a sitting duck and you die.

Yes it is a "insta splat" button, however should you use it as you illustrate in a populated theater you will kill and be killed, tell the Dev who invented MR sorry MR aint the bruce willis "Yippee-kai-yay mother f**kers" button everything dies, but feel free to invent it.

Viz
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    LOL, they removed MR drawback, instead of removing MR.
    Dodge ranged gone from WIT tho...

More offense at the cost of defense for troxes it seems.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

If you (FC) want to see MR as emergency button, why make it chaining action? I don't call it using one perk, then another one after few seconds emergency. If you want it to have warning, better make it orbital strike effect, because everyone has wolf graft, which removes most visible effects.
    i R not spik engrish

When Mongo Fury is activated, there will be a visual indicator (the familiar "wobbly body" effect) on the Atrox - When the opposing player sees this effect, they know that Mongo Rage will be coming very soon (MR has a three second activation time, but may be activated at any point while "Affected by Mongo Fury" is running on the Atrox). This gives the opposing player time to activate their own emergency defenses, or attempt to get the hell outta dodge. In this case, the change to Mongo Rage was all about telegraphing the incoming boost in AR to the opposing player.
    You do realize that there's a leet morph nano available to everyone? Are you aware how hard it is to notice such effect once person is leeted, not to mention if such person is tiny agent?

But, anyways... I would like to see that new effect, once person is leeted. Maybe you made it more visually distinctive then it is today, until then... LOL nerf!

Removing negative post-effect is seriously the most silly thing devs did so far.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast