Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 13th, 2009 - Friday teh 13th 110100101!!!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    So it looks like the first post has been updated...
    pics or it didn't happen.

Whooot

Nerf edits though, they don't show up in "show latest posts"
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Yes, and that's why they have been saying AO is making a profit. Lying in public is a good idea for public corporations
    Last few quarterly reports have only mentioned AO as "steadily declining revenue".

I take better pictures then this!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

It looks very nice. Will add a lot of atmosphere to the game

The Tir screenshots had some funky bumpmapping perhaps. On the brown tiles on the roof and such for example. Not sure if bumpmapping should be that big when viewed from that far away. Just a small niggle I wanted to comment on.

It looks very good though. Keep it up
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I like this thanks.
    _thespoon_
    adv19x1x4x
    _hateful_
    nt1651749

Love the pics, Kintaii! Starting to have the stirrings of hope back. lol

So NOW can we have a new ETA on when it will be ready to go? Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Love the pics, Kintaii! Starting to have the stirrings of hope back. lol

So NOW can we have a new ETA on when it will be ready to go? Pretty please?
    Honostly if they could put the engine out in that visual form, dont know if its glitchy or what, I would be happy.
    _thespoon_
    adv19x1x4x
    _hateful_
    nt1651749

I'm sorry, but we all know we get new water effects by now.

Anything else?

Seriously, these screen shots could have been taken two years ago.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Looks good for work in progress

Still, use some damn anti aliasing and high level texture filtering, or set your drivers to High Quality instead of Quality And don't use MS Paint to save the screenies
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Looking good. An ETA would be wonderful. It would be a nice Christmas present. , but it looks like spring 2010 is a better estimation. Then in spring we can say fall 2010 is the estimated time again if anyone is still playing. I don't like to complain but this seems to be taking forever. We love you funcom, and we want all of your friends and some population back. Front Burner FTW.

Looks good for work in progress

Still, use some damn anti aliasing and high level texture filtering, or set your drivers to High Quality instead of Quality And don't use MS Paint to save the screenies
    Agreed on that. Screens show the effects we allready knew been nicely ported to the new engine. It would be nice to see extra features like anti aliasing because that this stage it will be a huge improvement on graphic.

The bumb mapping (or paralax mapping? ) in Tir needs to be towned down a bit mayhaps.

last but not least: thanks for the screens!
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    pics or it didn't happen.
    Open your eyes or you can't see them!

Thank you, I wonder what will happen if a trox jumps into that nice water. Do we get water splash effects too? Would be awesome for the city pool.

Edith says:
    grats to the now correctly placed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by agentgimpy View Post
    I'm sorry, but we all know we get new water effects by now.

Anything else?
    shadows ?

but yeah ... I dont see much difference vs the first screenies ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    shadows ?

Exactly what, other than shadows, water, grass, and generally better effects were you expecting?

http://daggerxl.wordpress.com/ there, you can compare the project. That's an engine upgrade for an old RPG.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    shadows ?

Exactly what, other than shadows, water, grass, and generally better effects were you expecting?
    See above.

Yeah, definitely doesn't look as good as what we saw of the old Ogre engine attempt, but that could have more to do with how far along they were in the process with Ogre vs Dreamworld.

Still, I no longer have any hope whatsoever for this. I mean come on, how long has it been since Silirrion announced they were developing a new engine...almost 3 years ago I think? Glad I wasn't holding my breath.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

I noticed none of the lights seem to stick out anymore. The sign above whompa, the arena fence or any of the other lights in Tir. Will they actually look like they are giving off light when engine is done?
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_One View Post
    I noticed none of the lights seem to stick out anymore. The sign above whompa, the arena fence or any of the other lights in Tir. Will they actually look like they are giving off light when engine is done?
    Yes, they will. =) That's one of those "missing" things I mentioned in the first post, but will be included before it goes live.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    I mean come on, how long has it been since Silirrion announced they were developing a new engine...almost 3 years ago I think? Glad I wasn't holding my breath.
    Answered my own question, basically 2.5 ago, June of 2007 as seen here... http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=498971

So "almost 3 years" is pretty accurate.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast